ImpulZ

PC 1.0 Release Date Announcement

6 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

I think this is a bad idea. From what I've seen in the last Stable update there were still some pressing issues. I don't want to see the game delayed and I don't want to get released game with lots of bugs. I know that post 1.0 will contain all the stuff we had from before but to me 1.0 seems like someone rushed you guys to release the game so you won't have to deal with criticism of delaying it again, even for the price of half content missing. It just feels that way. 

Also, keep in mind that the major critics will have a look at the game and they most likely will be strict. I don't want DayZ to have a bad score...

PS: For the love of God, someone please record a new trailer for the game. If I had no idea what DayZ is, I surely wouldn't buy it from watching that trailer. I've seen some masterfully crafted trailers done by the community.

agreed, the trailer is pretty bad

especially the background music...

something displaying what you actually do in the game would be good, the player waking up at the shore, being chased by zombies and seeking shelter from rain and darkness, looting the next morning, finding a car, repairing it, and then finally heading inland, finding the airstrip, and getting into a firefight where all his hours of looting and gearing up are at stake

Edited by ZomboWTF

6 minutes ago, ZomboWTF said:

agreed, the trailer is pretty bad

especially the background music...

something displaying what you actually do in the game would be good, the player waking up at the shore, being chased by zombies and seeking shelter from rain and darkness, looting the next morning, finding a car, repairing it, and then finally heading inland, finding the airstrip, and getting into a firefight where all his hours of looting and gearing up are at stake

I'm hopeful this is more of an announcement trailer than anything. 

Congrats on reaching 1.0 status and finally leaving EA. 

Most of the detractive comments in this thread are quite frankly laughable, if current state of the game doesn't suit your needs or meet your expectations then simply move on and find something new to play. 

I only recently came back to the game at the beginning of November and was blown away with the work on the zombies and particularly the terrain itself. So for me, 1.0 is a good starting point, for anyone frequenting Discord lately, I see the beginnings of a very healthy number of modders who are happy to have a great framework to work off. Good times ahead. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, EO said:

Most of the detractive comments in this thread are quite frankly laughable, if current state of the game doesn't suit your needs or meet your expectations then simply move on and find something new to play. 

I only recently came back to the game at the beginning of November and was blown away with the work on the zombies and particularly the terrain itself. So for me, 1.0 is a good starting point, for anyone frequenting Discord lately, I see the beginnings of a very healthy number of modders who are happy to have a great framework to work off. Good times ahead. 

Most people do not complain about the game itself though. I agree that the devs did some great work this year and I wholly support the fact that they focus on bug fixing now to create a stable platform for future content. However, what annoys the most people is that releasing a 1.0 is the best marketing tool available to any developer. The game will get lots of attention and will be reviewed by most game websites. Now what do you think will happen when the game releases in a pretty buggy state? Low review scores on Steam and elsewhere, new people dumping the game and returning players will be disappointed. I and most others want to game to succeed and releasing a buggy version, even though we know they will fix it eventually, will scare away lots of potential new players.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

Laughable, huh? Doesn't suit my needs or meet my expectations, huh? Give me a break. You came, you went and now you're coming back. I and a lot of other people have been here for a long time, stayed and followed development, all waiting for 1.0. We all witnessed and have seen what has been said about 1.0, which features have been in the game and are currently missing. Everyone who has been following development, testing patches, etc. share the same opinion that we feel let down by the developers and are not getting the 1.0 which we expected and which we were promised. As I already have said countless of times, we have waited for so long for 1.0, we can wait longer for a fully finished 1.0 with all the features and stable gameplay. The majority of the community is asking/asked the developers to postpone beta and 1.0 but they don't listen. We're feeling left out and cheated, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 4

I dont think many of you understand that 1.0 just means that alpha stages are complete and the framework for the game has been built.

Dont you all rememember the network updates and the stress tests? what do you think that was for? For a stable and solid all around experience...(how can you build a building from rubber support beams? You'll need a strong foundation to build from.) from their servers being alpha to their code to later write more parts of the game with is complete and can be used at anytime to develop something else. Like creating a gun from old code because they have it stored in a library, tweaking it and giving it a new game.

Even minecraft is 1.13.2 and they put out the aquatic update not too long ago.

I remember playing MC beta back in 2012 in highschool back when it was 0.60 or something young and i watched the game evolve...i remember when Caravas were brand new and i thought to myself, whoa this games engine is cool.

Wait guys...wait.

Do we really want another skyrim/assassins creed/ COD/ stale and boring game? Rushed? They rushed Fallout 4 and 76 felt like it was released just a week after 4...

Do we really want them to rush this?

This is supposed to be THE SURVIVAL GAME TO PLAY....PERIOD.

Let them develop it.

Shush.

Good Day, Sir.

Spoiler

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Targaryen42 said:

I dont think many of you understand that 1.0 just means that alpha stages are complete and the framework for the game has been built.

Dont you all rememember the network updates and the stress tests? what do you think that was for? For a stable and solid all around experience...(how can you build a building from rubber support beams? You'll need a strong foundation to build from.) from their servers being alpha to their code to later write more parts of the game with is complete and can be used at anytime to develop something else. Like creating a gun from old code because they have it stored in a library, tweaking it and giving it a new game.

Even minecraft is 1.13.2 and they put out the aquatic update not too long ago.

I remember playing MC beta back in 2012 in highschool back when it was 0.60 or something young and i watched the game evolve...i remember when Caravas were brand new and i thought to myself, whoa this games engine is cool.

Wait guys...wait.

Do we really want another skyrim/assassins creed/ COD/ stale and boring game? Rushed? They rushed Fallout 4 and 76 felt like it was released just a week after 4...

Do we really want them to rush this?

This is supposed to be THE SURVIVAL GAME TO PLAY....PERIOD.

Let them develop it.

Shush.

Good Day, Sir.

Reveal hidden contents

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!!!

But they are rushing it, that's the point. It's not about not getting the game finished or what ever, it's about what they said what 1.0 would be, which features it would have, etc. It currently is and is going to be a fraction of which has been said. And we're not talking about completely new features here, we're talking about features which were in 0.62 but are currently not in the game and are coming after 1.0. As I said in my previous post, we have all been waiting for 1.0, that is when we get to experience the vanilla experience. Unfortunately, that experience is only going to be a fraction of which has been promised to us a long time ago. It's not about the development time, at least not to me and a lot of other people. It's about the fact they're rushing out/rushed out beta and 1.0 quickly without it being what it's supposed to be.

I don't give a shit if it took them another year or even 2 years to get 1.0 fully completed. All I wanted is a 1.0 with what has been said and promised to us. They have dumbed down 1.0 twice now, the first time was a bummer but most of us accepted it, but the second time it got even dumbed down further and I and a lot of people don't or didn't accept that. All I wanted is for DayZ to get to the point where I launched DayZ 1.0 and said to myself "damn, it took a while but they pulled it off. We got the game they always promised and damn, it feels good, glad I witnessed the entire process". Unfortunately, that's not what I'm going to say to myself when I launch it on the 13th.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

The more important thing is the end of 2018.
For most of us here, 1.0 doesn't mean that much. 13 Dec it is!
They're going to use end of Dec or even January to plan what's ahead.
That plan/roadmap is more meaningful. Calm yourselves.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, IMT said:

But they are rushing it, that's the point. It's not about not getting the game finished or what ever, it's about what they said what 1.0 would be, which features it would have, etc. It currently is and is going to be a fraction of which has been said. And we're not talking about completely new features here, we're talking about features which were in 0.62 but are currently not in the game and are coming after 1.0. As I said in my previous post, we have all been waiting for 1.0, that is when we get to experience the vanilla experience. Unfortunately, that experience is only going to be a fraction of which has been promised to us a long time ago. It's not about the development time, at least not to me and a lot of other people. It's about the fact they're rushing out/rushed out beta and 1.0 quickly without it being what it's supposed to be.

I don't give a shit if it took them another year or even 2 years to get 1.0 fully completed. All I wanted is a 1.0 with what has been said and promised to us. They have dumbed down 1.0 twice now, the first time was a bummer but most of us accepted it, but the second time it got even dumbed down further and I and a lot of people don't or didn't accept that. All I wanted is for DayZ to get to the point where I launched DayZ 1.0 and said to myself "damn, it took a while but they pulled it off. We got the game they always promised and damn, it feels good, glad I witnessed the entire process". Unfortunately, that's not what I'm going to say to myself when I launch it on the 13th.

I've followed development very closely as well and I fully sympathize with everything you are saying. I'm super happy with what Eugen has been able to do with the dev team. He and Nespesny are the team that should have been on it from Day 1, without Halls fuckups and Hicks not being able to turn the wheel, ulitmately bailing as well. Setting this deadline really made them pick up the pace, as Eugen explained himself. It's just so sad, that they are labelling it 1.0. That is my only complaint and I believe yours as well. And there is always going to be this tiny bit of a fraction of a fear, that now that it is called 1.0 it could be called "complete". Tiny bit of a fraction.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Yeah....Exactly right, my man....

But ever since 0.63 I started thinking about the whole group responsible for the Standalone as a bunch of amateurs, with very little in the way of proper oversight.

What comes out of their SRs is scattered gibberish and their approach to getting this great game to a point where it can stand on its' merits is just mind-numbing.

I laugh now...and it helps.

I play each build and I make the most out of them...but now I just don't give a damn about what "they" have to say...or what is promised/scheduled.

I intentionally disassociate the term "1.0" with the game state...and I pretend it is just an indie game, in it's infancy.

It's a big leap, mind you....and those who have years of waiting under their belts can say what they want (and they truly deserve the time to say it) but it's been over a year since the DayZ team have behaved in a manner that respects the paying customer. Remember that ridiculous video from the gang at that Expo? (can't remember exactly) where they came out with the whole "In Beta We Trust"?

Well....We trusted...

No more.... I paid for two copies...and I play....and I now just ignore my inner voice that asks where all the SIMPLE stuff is and when the OBVIOUS fixes will be.

Perhaps that's what Peter and the rest of the kids are actually hoping for? Pay them...and then go away with empty promises and outright lies.

I'm a busy guy, with real-world responsibilities, a hard job, family, and the usual stresses and concerns that go along with all that...

I have chosen DayZ as my personal "head check" time...where I can switch off the crap that matters...for the crap that does not. There are a shit-ton of things lining up to piss us off in the real world...and I refuse to let a terrible game development team count as one of them.

Cheers!

And Have a Safe and Happy Christmas Holiday all my fellow Survivors!

• Like 1

Why can’t you release on PC the same time as XBox.   Could that time not be used making the game stable and polished?

You guys are hell bent on this arbitrary date and you are screwing up royally when you could have easily waited a few more months and fixed these bugs and had a solid release.  

Dayz is living dead proof that early access rules have to change.

Development time or refund at full release.

If i would buy dayz next week...i would refund it from the start....reason:game doesent work

I have bad feeling about this 1.0 release. And the launch trailer actually quite supports it :/

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, IMT said:

The majority of the community is asking/asked the developers to postpone beta and 1.0 but they don't listen.

I think the 1.0 sticker is in fact made for and aimed at Xbox, isn't it?    PC getting the same sticker is an inevitable side effect.   File it under market forces.

I wonder if there are any external pressures to release the version 1.0.

4 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

You guys are hell bent on this arbitrary date and you are screwing up royally when you could have easily waited a few more months and fixed these bugs and had a solid release.  

You answered that yourself yesterday Gordon : quote : << it's been done and dusted. GET ON YOUR MEDS!  >>

- market analyst or games designer or modder or software engineer or Dev or Indy executive or coherent observer you sure aint.
Schoolkid gamer.. maybe you are?

- do you know much at all about BI except what you read on reddit?

The information that has come from BI through this blog is MORE than you'll get from any other Indy Games Designer/Producer, and a hell of a lot more than you'd get out of the Mass-Profit-Corporations. Read what the people who work for BI have said here .. they are NOT free to spout off their own opinions carelessly on any subject (just for the obvious legal reasons, and because they have a common PR & communication objective that comes with their job description, and because they are serious about their work and their players) .. but if you READ what they tell you, it's not difficult to see the planning structure, the direction of effort, and the focus. They are IMO remarkably honest about BIs aims, objectives, targets, and the DESIGN & fault-finding problems that programmers face AND the development structure across 5 studios.  All you need to do is READ, and the answer is in front of you. 

Reading CAREFULLY, thinking, and reaching a realistic overview is easier than ranting, dontcha think?      
Drag out each BI staff statement involving consoles over the last year - especially over the last 6 months - line them up and see if a picture starts to form. The development plan for PC is right there. Also check what has been happening inside BI over the last year or so. It really aint difficult.

Just an aside, while you're figuring out the BI gameplan and their problems & solutions  - one obvious thing  is :
This is a company that does not let down it's players.

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

I bet there's some mixed feelings for all of us who have played Dayz since that first night Dean released the mod for ArmA2. 1.0 is just another number for those players. Often 1.0 is the finished, polished product that you buy and enjoy, but not so much these days(z). Not when you have enjoyed the product over 5 years and waiting and waiting it to become everything you dreamed it to be. It's just next patch and you are still waiting...  :)

I hope 1.0 brings new players to DayZ and they can enjoy the game without the "burden" of 5 years testing the game. To feel and experience the same feelings (the good ones) you have during those 5 years of development.

Gongrats to BIS and Developers of DayZ for making a game that made an impact to whole gaming industry.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

I think the 1.0 sticker is in fact made for and aimed at Xbox, isn't it?    PC getting the same sticker is an inevitable side effect.   File it under market forces.

Well if that's the case, it's not because of Xbox but rather because Playstation, since Sony doesn't allow Early Access on their platform. So not only would the PC community affected by this but the Xbox community as well. Basically it's the same reason but the name is different. Although, I don't want to make any hard accusations but my feelings are leaning towards this direction as well.

• Like 1

Do people think they are going from the current stable release to 1.0? I'm sure there are versions after that, which the dev team has been working on, playing, testing, that we don't have access to.

29 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Do people think they are going from the current stable release to 1.0? I'm sure there are versions after that, which the dev team has been working on, playing, testing, that we don't have access to.

Sure, they will suddenly going to pull a fully different version out of their hat.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Typically, businesses make decisions based on metrics not known to the consumer base.  Also, the company is not going to go into detail over their decisions.  These petitions are hilarious.  They're not going to engage with the internet over their business decisions.  If December 13th is the release date, then that's what it is.  I assure you that BI has its own best interests in mind!! 

Who here is going to stop playing because of bugs, after 1.0??

Okay, so bases don't work all that great right now.  Are we launching DayZ as a IRL base-building sim, or is the basic product there?  Yes.  You have a big sandbox, you have other people, and you have ways to kill other people.  With zombies sprinkled on top.  Everything necessary for the DayZ new-player experience.  New players are not going to be on the forums complaining about base ghosting, persistence bugs, tanning leather, or other end game nonsense on December 14th.

IMO, the announcement should have been made during late November.  Meh.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Parazight said:

Are we launching DayZ as a IRL base-building sim

there's an interesting question ..
assuming bases work real GOOD .. er.. then what* do we do with them ?
* [edit - I mean "WTF"]
Everyone knows how to get an overwatch on an existing (part of the scenery) military base and how to deal with any poor sods trapped in there .. we've been doing that for years.
So what's the difference? Build your own mil base?  Get trapped in it by the first folk who come by?
sounds great - I'm going to have as much fun as when I was shooting down helicopters.

I agree 100% about the Release Date. This is a big Indy company (now the biggest, with 300+ employees), they can't act like some 5-15 person garage team with a "maybe-backer", or do stuff off the cuff, or fade into the background, or put out the legal minimum to cover their ass if a couple of people get bored and drop out, or put out plenty hot-talk-bull for quick fame, then decide to go back to school instead.  BI Produce their own games as well as make them. To go on existing they have to have a strategy that covers all those salaries, updates, running costs, agreements equipment and products and future development (and eventualities) for at least 2 years.  - Really..  100% they are taking this seriously.

Also I like their style

Edited by pilgrim*
~ precision
  • Beans 2