ImpulZ

PC 1.0 Release Date Announcement

Hello Survivors,

let's get straight to the point: It is time. DayZ is going to leave Early Access with a PC 1.0 update on December 13th, after almost exactly 5 years in open development!

Everyone on our team has been working hard and will continue for this remaining week to deliver the best launch version we can. With the BETA last month, we've seen the return of the first vehicle and item stashes, as well as the premiere of DayZ base building, the release of server files and the beginning of Modding Support. The most recent Experimental Update has returned horticulture to the game, making survival within your base more autonomous, and allowing the return of the full hermit play style.

Backed by the underlying engine changes introduced with the BETA, the 1.0 launch should feel like a fresh new start for anyone who has not played DayZ for some time - so let your friends know that they have a game to play on December 13.

Keep following us for more events and information over the course of the next two weeks!

See you in Chernarus!

• Confused 8
  • Beans 7

*scratches head*, wait what?! So what's going to be done in upcoming week? There is so much still to be done, are you guys suddenly going to pull a fully different version out of your hat before that time? This has to be a joke, right? Right?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 13

I am sorry but what?! If I play for like 30 minutes I already encounter 5-10 bugs or balancing issues........
So you are going to tell me that all the main issues will be fixed, diseases will actually work, we can build bases without being afraid of it dissapearing all together over night, balanced temperature system etc........

Man, I hope you guys are going have a huge weekend crunch session.

PS: Don't take it the wrong way, but I hope that the launch trailer will look a bit more professional. It doesn't look bad, but I would expect something more from a large studio as Bohemia.

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 4

#NotMy1.0

Still an amazing and unique game, with an incredible potential and probably this pseudo 1.0 will still be a really fun build to play. But its incredible far away from what we were promised for more than 5 years or what most of us would have expected.

Even if you guys manage to fix the current gamebreaking bugs in only 5 days (Infecteds behavior / IA - VOIP issues - Lighting issues - Persistence problems - Base Building Balance - General performance / stuttering / fps drops - among others) the game is still a limited and unbalanced demo of a real 1.0 build and you are missing a unique promotional opportunity with the full release presentation. Dayz is not ARMA III. You can´t sell DLC`s to keep the development alive and you can´t sacrifice the quality of your product to be able to access the PS4 market as soon as possible.

I personally have a huge hype like with any new stable patch since 0.63. But I can´t lie.... this time that hype is "marred" by the fear of how it will be received by the general public and the fact that I can´t believe that the game will reach a balanced state in only 5 days of work (And I say this after having tried the latest experimental update).

Good luck and I hope this 1.0 be the best possible version of Dayz.

• Beans 8

1 minute ago, BlazeMcNight said:

People..... you do realize that 1.0 does NOT mean "end of development" right? 

Deep breaths.... 

nobody claims that

but this version coming as a "finished" product is not a good idea imo

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, ZomboWTF said:

nobody claims that

but this version coming as a "finished" product is not a good idea imo

Extrapolating isn't that difficult. 

44 minutes ago, IMT said:

*scratches head*, wait what?! So what's going to be done in upcoming week? There is so much still to be done, are you guys suddenly going to pull a fully different version out of your hat before that time? This has to be a joke, right? Right?!

22 minutes ago, amadieus said:

So you are going to tell me that all the main issues will be fixed, diseases will actually work, we can build bases without being afraid of it dissapearing all together over night, balanced temperature system etc........

Bugs will be present at 1.0. People need to understand that. Just as any other modern day game release, there will be bugs and patches post release. 

Edited by BlazeMcNight

1 minute ago, BlazeMcNight said:

Extrapolating isn't that difficult. 

they were actually listing stuff that is planned for 1.0, you know

Edited by ZomboWTF

Just now, ZomboWTF said:

they were actually listing stuff that is planned for 1.0, you know

Eh, one person made mention. Splitting hairs. 

Point is, expect bugs at 1.0 just like you would with any other 1.0. 

Just now, BlazeMcNight said:

Eh, one person made mention. Splitting hairs. 

Point is, expect bugs at 1.0 just like you would with any other 1.0. 

maybe i'm just another kind of consumer, but if i buy something i expect it not to be broken, anyway, if you are happy with the release, rejoice, many people are not, and you can't talk them down from it

Just now, ZomboWTF said:

maybe i'm just another kind of consumer, but if i buy something i expect it not to be broken, anyway, if you are happy with the release, rejoice, many people are not, and you can't talk them down from it

I would use hesitation when you buy any new release game, then. 

My intent isn't to talk anyone down from anything. People will be upset just as some won't. 

Again, the point is, there will be bugs-- people shouldn't be surprised by this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlazeMcNight said:

People..... you do realize that 1.0 does NOT mean "end of development" right? 

Deep breaths.... 

You've signed up on the forums in 2014. Have you played the entire time since then? I have played every patch and most of the builds since I started playing, all while following the development closely. I have been patiently waiting for 1.0 and the promises which were made every time about which features will be in the game when the game hits 1.0. It's only a handful of features, so do you mind that I'm upset, pissed off and feel cheated? We had to swallow everything, again and again. The problem is they are stuffing more and more in our mouth so the swallowing becomes harder and harder until the point you can't swallow anymore. And I have reached that point. 2018 was going to be the year of DayZ and for me it started all good. We got 0.63 which felt like a changed game but it stopped there. The closer we got/get to the end of the year, the more disappointed I get.

1.0 was for me the point where I can finally judge the game. I rarely judged the development or the state of the game before that because I knew deep inside that 1.0 will be the day where DayZ is the survival game we all wanted and have been waiting for. Guess how that turned out...

• Like 1
  • Beans 10

3 minutes ago, BlazeMcNight said:

My intent isn't to talk anyone down from anything. People will be upset just as some won't. 

Again, the point is, there will be bugs-- people shouldn't be surprised by this. 

There is a difference between a broken release or when a game releases with just some bugs. This game is just pretty buggy right now. Look what happened with Fallout 76.

Edited by amadieus

Just now, IMT said:

You've signed up on the forums in 2014. Have you played the entire time since then? I have played every patch and most of the builds since I started playing, all while following the development closely. I have been patiently waiting for 1.0 and the promises which were made every time about which features will be in the game when the game hits 1.0. It's only a handful of features, so do you mind that I'm upset, pissed off and feel cheated? We had to swallow everything, again and again. The problem is they are stuffing more and more in our mouth so the swallowing becomes harder and harder until the point you can't swallow anymore. And I have reached that point. 2018 was going to be the year of DayZ and for me it started all good. We got 0.63 which felt like a changed game but it stopped there. The closer we got/get to the end of the year, the more disappointed I get.

1.0 was for me the point where I can finally judge the game. I rarely judged the development or the state of the game before that because I knew deep inside that 1.0 will be the day where DayZ is the survival game we all wanted and have been waiting for. Guess how that turned out...

You've signed up in 2015. Not sure what that has to do with anything, though. 

I've played more than enough to know how the rodeo goes. I've been happier with DayZ since .63 than I have been since the mod days, but that's just me. Personal preference, I suppose. 

I hear what you're saying and can sympathize with you. :)  

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 minutes ago, amadieus said:

There is a difference between a broken release or when a game releases with just some bugs. This game is just pretty buggy right now. Look what happened with Fallout 76.

Indeed there is. There a difference between an "unplayable" game and a game with just some bugs. But people tend to severely get that confused. 

I knew Fallout 76 was too good to be true :( 

• Beans 1

11 minutes ago, BlazeMcNight said:

sure, there will be bugs, but what kind of bugs? do you think a run-of-the-mill ps4 or xbox player will find it okay to die of a bug 3 hours into his session and lose everything?

when do you think is it okay to judge a game for ALL of it's aspect? three months after release? a year maybe?

new people buying the game will judge the game by exactly the state it is in when it releases as 1.0 on steam, for ALL of it's bugs and write fitting reviews

Edited by ZomboWTF
  • Like 2

Just now, ZomboWTF said:

sure, there will be bugs, but what kind of bugs? do you think a run-of-the-mill ps4 or xbox player will find it okay to die of a bug 3 hours into his session and lose everything?

when do you think is it okay to judge a game for ALL of it's aspect? three months after release? a year maybe?

new people buying the game will judge the game by exactly the state it is in when it releases as 1.0 on steam, for ALL of it's bugs

Sadly I don't have a crystal ball to tell me what kind of bugs there will be after the next update. 

I'm not trying to judge the game nor am I interested. That's a null point. 

Indeed they will. Not arguing about that. 

5 minutes ago, BlazeMcNight said:

Sadly I don't have a crystal ball to tell me what kind of bugs there will be after the next update. 

I'm not trying to judge the game nor am I interested. That's a null point. 

Indeed they will. Not arguing about that. 

right, so do you understand why people are worried that the game - judging by it's current state - will get a ton of bad reviews, and hence be ripped apart by reviewers, and because of that not bought by a LOT of people?

steam reviews effect sales a whole lot

that is the only thing i am worried about regarding this release, if the game flops HARD, there will not be a lot of development time put into it after release, because BI will seee it not making profit and wont spend further resources into it

i love this game, i'm just afraid it will never get to the point where i want it to be, looking at this rushed release

Edited by ZomboWTF
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlazeMcNight said:

You've signed up in 2015. Not sure what that has to do with anything, though. 

I've played more than enough to know how the rodeo goes. I've been happier with DayZ since .63 than I have been since the mod days, but that's just me. Personal preference, I suppose. 

I hear what you're saying and can sympathize with you. :)  

All I'm saying is that there are a lot of people who bought the game a long time ago and haven't played the game a lot or are just coming back now and might not have followed the development this entire time. Most long-time followers of the game and development who have been actively following it are disappointed and that tells us something. Most of those people have been waiting for 1.0 and 1.0 isn't going to be remotely close as was promised in the past.

However, I'm glad you understand my frustration and situation.

• Beans 2

Fingers crossed that this is going to go well. I'm very skeptical that it will, but hope dies last.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZomboWTF said:

right, so do you understand why people are worried that the game - judging by it's current state - will get a ton of bad reviews, and hence be ripped apart by reviewers, and because of that not bought by a LOT of people?

steam reviews effect sales a whole lot

that is the only thing i am worried about regarding this release, if the game flops HARD, there will not be a lot of development time put into it after release, because BI will seee it not making profit and wont spend further resources into it

i love this game, i'm just afraid it will never get to the point where i want it to be, looking at this rushed release

I'm not arguing against that nor did I hint at any of that? 

All I've said is that the game will have bugs and 1.0 doesn't equate to development ceasing. If you really want to split hairs about it, 1.0 is simply a milestone indicator showing that the software has all major features and is reliable enough for general release. Some software firms will never list their item as 1.x because it can always be patched and updated thus never "complete". The reason? False identification where people assume 1.0 = the end all be all final version. 

Even that isn't an argument I was trying to make, though. 

Anywho, I get what you're saying even though it really has no relation to the point I was trying to make. :) 

5 minutes ago, BlazeMcNight said:

I'm not arguing against that nor did I hint at any of that? 

All I've said is that the game will have bugs and 1.0 doesn't equate to development ceasing. If you really want to split hairs about it, 1.0 is simply a milestone indicator showing that the software has all major features and is reliable enough for general release. Some software firms will never list their item as 1.x because it can always be patched and updated thus never "complete". The reason? False identification where people assume 1.0 = the end all be all final version. 

Even that isn't an argument I was trying to make, though. 

Anywho, I get what you're saying even though it really has no relation to the point I was trying to make. :) 

i just tried to make you understand why the people, who you quoted as if they had no reason to be upset, are upset

i get what you mean, the game will still be developed after 1.0, i think everybody knows that

enough though, i think we spammed this post enough

Edited by ZomboWTF

Just now, ZomboWTF said:

i just tried to make you understand why the people, who you quoted as if they had no reason to be upset, are upset

i get what you mean, the game will still be developed after 1.0, i think everybody knows that

I never didn't understand. I know people are going to be extremely critical which is why I hope Bohemia gets it right. :) 

I think this is a bad idea. From what I've seen in the last Stable update there were still some pressing issues. I don't want to see the game delayed and I don't want to get released game with lots of bugs. I know that post 1.0 will contain all the stuff we had from before but to me 1.0 seems like someone rushed you guys to release the game so you won't have to deal with criticism of delaying it again, even for the price of half content missing. It just feels that way. 

Also, keep in mind that the major critics will have a look at the game and they most likely will be strict. I don't want DayZ to have a bad score...

PS: For the love of God, someone please record a new trailer for the game. If I had no idea what DayZ is, I surely wouldn't buy it from watching that trailer. I've seen some masterfully crafted trailers done by the community.

Edited by Just Caused
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1