W. S.

A problem with the night devs?

Hi devs, great work for the last update on XBOX, thanks!

But the night? Yesterday it was the night on my server... for about 5 minutes (? ) WTF...

But my quetion is: did the PC gamma abuse overlay have been accidentally activated? Or is it "permanent"? Because it was awful on my tv screen...

33 minutes ago, W. S. said:

Yesterday it was the night on my server... for about 5 minutes (? ) WTF...

So just to clarify, you experienced the complete night from sunset till sunrise within 5 minutes? You did not join the server during night? Do you have the exact server name where it happened?

33 minutes ago, W. S. said:

But my quetion is: did the PC gamma abuse overlay have been accidentally activated? Or is it "permanent"? Because it was awful on my tv screen...

It's supposed to be active, but it can react to some screens differently, depending on the screen settings (contrast/gamma/brightness) we recommend experimenting a bit with those settings to reduce the effect.

• Sad 2

Nighttime is def. Weird. 

Same happened to me 2 times in a row playing on one server. Just dont know the name. It seems like it fast forward it from sunset till sunrise

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

So just to clarify, you experienced the complete night from sunset till sunrise within 5 minutes? You did not join the server during night? Do you have the exact server name where it happened?

It's supposed to be active, but it can react to some screens differently, depending on the screen settings (contrast/gamma/brightness) we recommend experimenting a bit with those settings to reduce the effect.

No the film grain filter definitely has a problem since the latest update. It looks like it's been applied twice or something. It was nowhere near as bad last patch.

You cannot see anything thanks to the grain even when it's slightly dark. It hurts your eyes!

• Like 1

Great I have to turn my brightness down too 5 in order to play at night , but then it looksike night durin the day too, and can't have my TV set to game to reduce latency and increase refresh rate. Great work BI  guess I'll be jumping off night servers permanently forever now. Why would you use the gamma overlay on console? The vast majority of users don't even have access to gamma settings on there television. Just put a symbol on the servers for night and day already, the majority if people jumped of a server at night anyway. I was one of the few people who would hang in there at night but now that's not gonna happen. GG 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Great I have to turn my brightness down too 5 in order to play at night , but then it looksike night durin the day too, and can't have my TV set to game to reduce latency and increase refresh rate. Great work BI  guess I'll be jumping off night servers permanently forever now. Why would you use the gamma overlay on console? The vast majority of users don't even have access to gamma settings on there television. Just put a symbol on the servers for night and day already, the majority if people jumped of a server at night anyway. I was one of the few people who would hang in there at night but now that's not gonna happen. GG 

The whole point of the film grain countermeasure is to stop the use of gamma correction by the player. It's bugged, it's not supposed to be this bad so don't worry it will get sorted. 

On another note, I often see you in the same server as me on DayZ. The Yeti Bum, right?

Edited by Lambicus

8 minutes ago, Lambicus said:

The whole point of the film grain countermeasure is to stop the use of gamma correction by the player. It's bugged, it's not supposed to be this bad so don't worry it will get sorted. 

On another note, I often see you in the same server as me on DayZ. The Yeti Bum, right?

Yep yeti bum , devs posted it's was activated with this patch purposefully for console and didn't mention it was bugged , he said try changing TV settings . Doesn't matter what I do to to settings it's still unplayeable 

The grain didn't look too bad on my TV, I actually quite liked the effect, almost like the eye struggling to see in the dark. It did go dark very suddenly and then after a few mins became light again. 

The grain on the darkness makes night time even more unplayable, even if you have a flashlight, glow stick, or anything else

plus, I also experienced night time starting and then ending like 5-10 minutes later and I just assumed it was an eclipse lol

Edited by TheMilkman13
Stuff

I got a server: NL 3939 (Last four digits) and night came for exactly one hour(not including sundet/sunrise). Me and two friends thought we clock it.

Edited by bent.toe

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Yea night time only lasts about five minutes on SG server 4437 the moon fly's across the sky like a rocket as soon as the sun goes down

If your serious about the grain effect being activated on purpose, what were you guys thinking? My group would lose each other if we went more than ten metres away in the middle of the night before this update, now you literally can't see your character in third person and torches don't help at all. 

Are we meant to struggle to see at night or not be able to see at all? Why is the moon there if its light isn't meant to be seen? I mean seriously this is way to much.

I suggest removing the grain or keeping nights only five minutes long otherwise its pointless, you literally can't do anything even with the tools to do so, I just go afk for five minutes because that's all you can do

Lol i cant adjust the settings on my tv because i lost the remote and the manufacturer had the genius idea of not adding a menu button on the tv. No remote, no adjustments.

• Sad 1

America 4263, night must have been no more than 15 min in duration with a lot of 'static' on the screen, like I was getting a bad signal. I joined during the morning prior and built a base till night fell.  Never used a flashlight and my ears more.

14 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Please dont make night any longer until the grain effect is fixed or toned down a little.

On 06/12/2018 at 10:09 AM, ImpulZ said:

Hi ImpulZ, yes I experienced the complete night within 5 minutes!  on server RU3663984 (but it is the same on the other servers) and it goes on and on everyday...

On 06/12/2018 at 9:09 AM, ImpulZ said:

Just to add my two cents, every server I've played night lasts about 5, minutes, the darkness is fine IMO leave that as it is but increase the time, in sure its a bug but I've had it multiple times too

@ImpulZ

Hi, the problem is still here, in every EU server I've played , night lasts about 5 minutes (less than 10 at least) so my question is: is it so hard to increase night time ???

In an ancient note the devs said : night and day will now last 90 minutes... so what are you doing devs???

Regards.

How bout just get rid of the NIGHT overall?  What's the point if you can't even have any night time pvp experiences because it only last 5 mins... no time for raids or anything really.

• Thanks 1

The night still last 8 min... That could be so much interesting, in term of gameplay, if nights last longer.

How long does it take to fix that devs ? Night vision scope and lamps are useless with such a short nightime... 🙁

2 hours ago, W. S. said:

The night still last 8 min... That could be so much interesting, in term of gameplay, if nights last longer.

How long does it take to fix that devs ? Night vision scope and lamps are useless with such a short nightime... 🙁

Night lasts about an hour on pc. We should see something similar with our next update

15 hours ago, bandito6000 said:

Night lasts about an hour on pc. We should see something similar with our next update

I hope this feature for the next update because devs said (2 months ago!!!)  that nights last 90 min with the present update...

just to throw in my two cents

i play on a high end led samsung, albeit quite a few years old now, and night time for me regardless of gamma/brightness/contrast is quite literally pitch black.

My friend plays on a 3yr old £150 LCD, and he can see in the dark.

eg he had a clip the other day, he managed to see someone in a bush in the middle of the night, knocked him out and took all his gear.

When i watch that clip on my tv, its literally a black screen with sound lol

Yeah I get that too, pitch black. I seem to remember night being dark but not literally black screen. I don't know how I feel about it. I want the night and I want it to be dark and not just the traditional video game night, but, well, I guess just wait and see what happens. I think if they had the moon out you should be able to see a little and maybe cloudy or rainy nights a lot darker. I realise that we can obviously use torches but you feel kinda exposed running around with a torch at night!