AOW BlueThunder1

Land mines go BOOM

My buddy and I decided we’d go to the barracks north of Krasnostav and kill server jumpers. Managed to find a land mine. Set the mine up at the doorway and I laid down at the other end of the hall. My buddy laid down in the building directly across watching the door. Someone ran in over the mine and blew all three of us up. Note to self. Those 2 inch land mines are mini nukes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Beans 2

I have been dropping them in police stations to annoy the server hoppers.

But I never stuck around to watch.

Good job by the sounds of it.

Bravo lads, good to hear that there is more out there that finds the loot goblins just as annoying.

• Like 5

Good work & yep the blast radius is pretty intense. Got that pesky server hopper though , I wiped a little hopping duo at Staroye tents earlier. It's surprising how often I see them popping into existence on the 1st floor of the camo net hide there. They went back to coast forcefully lol.

• Like 4

Took out a hopper in a military barracks in Zelenogorsk. Heard him pop into the next room over from where I was looting (heard a thud followed by his teeth chattering as it was raining hard) and he must've heard my character close the door to the room I was in and popped back out. Fearing that he was going to try and ghost me from behind, I quickly mined the entrance to the barracks and camped in a shower a few buildings over. Roughly two minutes later I heard the explosion and found what I believed to be his corpse, or maybe that of another hopper as I didn't see what the first one was wearing. 

Bear traps are fun to use on those slimey hoppers.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, Gabrielsen said:

Any particular servers you find serverhopers on? I tried to look for them but no luck..

Not particular servers. Just high traffic areas in low pop servers. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

Bear traps are fun to use on those slimey hoppers.

I just walked into one in a random house all the way up north.. Pretty much was useless just received a bleeding wound on leg  I suppose if it was on a rainy server and a person had wet bandages person would be screwed but that's about it . This trap sure would be fun if your leg broke right away forcing you to crawl around like a baby until you had a leg splint

40 minutes ago, u.s. army rangers said:

I just walked into one in a random house all the way up north.. Pretty much was useless just received a bleeding wound on leg  I suppose if it was on a rainy server and a person had wet bandages person would be screwed but that's about it . This trap sure would be fun if your leg broke right away forcing you to crawl around like a baby until you had a leg splint

Yep, let breaks aren't implemented yet but has traditionally been an integral part of all previous dayz mods, it'll be worked back in post 1.0 release I believe, the splint was tested as a craftable item and the morphine auto injectors are also intended to be used for fixing a broken leg. I'm assuming that's why the bear traps are weak ATM as there more designed to immobalise rather than kill.