Sign in to follow this  
nhow7108

My first base raid

I stumbled onto a nice base in a very remote location while i was scouting out good and hidden base building areas for me. Getting in wasnt to hard because the poor guy didnt finish his last wall. If he did, i would have had to chop through. Anyway i looted up most of his loot into my car and stole all his tents and barrels. It took multiple trips. Any of the stuff i didnt want i scattered all over the ground to make sure it disappears and to thank the Dayz loot gods. Its tough love.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

11 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

stole all his tents and barrels. It took multiple trips. Any of the stuff i didnt want i scattered all over the ground to make sure it disappears

your'e a total savage prick

• Beans 1

5 minutes ago, modis002 said:

Lol 

7 minutes ago, modis002 said:

Calm down Shirley!

3 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

tough love

seems like good sense to me - this is what bases are for, right ?
If you don't want DayZ players to mess with your base, build it at home with Lego & keep your room locked.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

I stumbled onto a nice base in a very remote location while i was scouting out good and hidden base building areas for me. Getting in wasnt to hard because the poor guy didnt finish his last wall. If he did, i would have had to chop through. Anyway i looted up most of his loot into my car and stole all his tents and barrels. It took multiple trips. Any of the stuff i didnt want i scattered all over the ground to make sure it disappears and to thank the Dayz loot gods. Its tough love.

oh dear... you do realise that you can just walk straight through fences don't you? probably not lol

11 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

Tbh here, i would leave a pistol with 1 bullet and a drink.

However tho, base building isnt worth it yet. For me, i only hide barrels to horde items. Im still alive since the update went live and i saw quite alot ppl, fell off a cliff and nearly died, but lul i tested the fall dmg, survived multiple wolf packs and im always ready to die, but the guy who want my gear have to pay the iron price.

6 hours ago, jonhsmith111 said:

oh dear... you do realise that you can just walk straight through fences don't you? probably not lol

I wasn't able to. Lol 

Edited by nhow7108

In fact for me fences have always been solid.

4 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

In fact for me fences have always been solid.

And if i could walk through them, i wouldnt. I would raid properly.

19 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

And if i could walk through them, i wouldnt. I would raid properly.

I could walk straight through our own. Maybe not through other players then dunno weird. but definitely broken regardless 

3 minutes ago, jonhsmith111 said:

I could walk straight through our own. Maybe not through other players then dunno weird. but definitely broken regardless 

if a fence is build fresh it works as intended. After the server restarts, it becomes a phantom fence. It a persistance bug. The base i came across must have just been built.

Edited by nhow7108

What's the bloody point of despawning his stuff? Just to be an asshole? Trashing any supplies in an apocalypse seems like shooting yourself in the foot.

1 hour ago, Elliot Arts-Heathcote said:

Just to be an asshole?

Haha yep. Unfortunate thing, but an integral part of what Dayz is, hardcore survival.

1 hour ago, Elliot Arts-Heathcote said:

Trashing any supplies in an apocalypse seems like shooting yourself in the foot

IMO, once you've played long enough and get good at navigating the map and surviving, loot becomes secondary. Once you learn what loot spawns where, and where to store it and how to acquire it quickly, you will probably find it not so valuable. I haven't found myself that attached to loot and I am able to survive just fine. It's all about your play style and what you like to do, some like to help others, some like to be jerks. A lot of factors to consider as well, if I come apon a base that I wasn't expecting to find and wasn't prepared to loot, I'll probably just grab whatever I need (if anything) and then move on. (Never know when the owner(s) will be returning ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

Haha yep. Unfortunate thing, but an integral part of what Dayz is, hardcore survival.

IMO, once you've played long enough and get good at navigating the map and surviving, loot becomes secondary. Once you learn what loot spawns where, and where to store it and how to acquire it quickly, you will probably find it not so valuable. I haven't found myself that attached to loot and I am able to survive just fine. It's all about your play style and what you like to do, some like to help others, some like to be jerks. A lot of factors to consider as well, if I come apon a base that I wasn't expecting to find and wasn't prepared to loot, I'll probably just grab whatever I need (if anything) and then move on. (Never know when the owner(s) will be returning ;)

:) nothing to add here.

Sign in to follow this