Sign in to follow this  
Mookie (original)

Servers - lack of

It's completely possible that I'm cocking up my server section and searches. But, if I'm not, there used to be a helluva lot more 'public/official' servers than there are now. Even with the ping set to a near-unplayable 400, there are only 47 available. And all the ones I can find are GameServers. No more Gaming Deluxe, Fragnet, etc. 

Have they all just gone?

Oh, and all the servers I find are now apparently set to the same day/night cycle, which in the UK at least, means they are completely off the one outside my window. 

The upshot is that there are, as of noon in the UK, only three official servers in daylight. 

That's about right Mookie. 

I see 47 experimental servers up (gameservers) running v0.63149597 and about 20 Fragnet servers up running v0.63149525.  I'm seeing a total of 116 servers with all of my filters off - so you've not cocked up your server browser, that's what's available right now.

And yeah (for better or for worse) the day/night cycle is set by server location so there may be a ping compromise if you want to play in the daylight.  They seem to be testing the day/night/weather and lighting pretty hard this time around and I'd guess they're probably collecting some interesting player preference & behavior data as well.

It would be a very good thing if: The officials had an "anti24hour" time multiplier. (x1.3 or 2.25 or 5/7/9 something that makes the times dynamic over the days ... so time shifts every day.)

20 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

It would be a very good thing if: The officials had an "anti24hour" time multiplier. (x1.3 or 2.25 or 5/7/9 something that makes the times dynamic over the days ... so time shifts every day.)

Agree with you there. Over time (say, a few weeks) they do tend to change so that things get a little more mixed up. Perhaps something to do with Wednesday maintenance.

The sheer drop in the number of servers is a bit concerning though. I wonder if it's related to the relative popularity of the game.