Sign in to follow this  
eugenharton

Goodbye Legacy Branch 0.62!

Dear Survivors,

during the last couple of days we have experienced an unexpected downtime of the Legacy servers. The fix would require to assign developers back to it and invest extra time to make it work. Instead, and because of our focus on 0.63, we have decided to cut the Legacy branch prematurely to make sure we can spend all of our time in this year on what really counts: The release of 1.0 (which was intended to be the original closing date of the Legacy branch).

So we will pull the plug on the running Legacy servers (overall peak of only 8 players per server during their up-time) and branch holding the client/server data.

I'll fondly remember the experiences I had with that version of the game, and while it was broken in so many ways, it's probably been the version that a lot of you experienced as their first entry to DayZ. Our goal to package the Arma 2 mod into a standalone version of the game outgrew itself with the creation of the engine and playing the long game will bear its fruit. So I'd like to say goodbye to what DayZ was and welcome what DayZ will become.

- Eugen

Edited by ImpulZ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 21

Really? I would expect you to have it until you reimplement at least all content and features 0.62 had. That's dissapointing. I miss a lot of these features, such as horticulture, bows, fishing. Weapon variety, you know. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Now you have made this big desison please fix .63 and please get it right this is critical to the sucsess of dayz atm please put the exp patch to stable and fix night time i tryed to play ona nighttime server lastnight and it was HELL put the moon back and make it better almost 10k hours on dayz and each patch has made it unplayable a little more you have along way to get the game back to how it use to be .63 is missing ALOT of content and again its killing the game each day get allcontent in to .63 that was in .62 fast as you can

Edited by mrwolv

To be honest the game atm in .63 is a broken mess  they just trying to push the game into 1.0 for money and console look at everything all the missing content that should be in!

i will prob get banned for saying this but its true all they care about atm is money the pc sales are dry and the only way to keep the cash coming is consoles and this is there own fault for taking so long.Yes i know games take a long time to make but if you add everything up it all points to money.

Today they killed our .62 !!!!!!

.63 has so much missing they need to add in all of the content from .62 to make the game feel like dayz again if modders can do it i dont see why they cannot i feel like they have given up on dayz standalone and dont care no more just broken patch after broken patch and no end to the sucess of the game if i was going to list all the items they said they would add and have not the list would go for a long time infact i am going to do it here its just being a downhill struggle since day 1this is only a few items the list would go on forever

M12 Shotgun

Dirtbike

Byycle

Littlebird

NewParticles

Character menu

Character SoftSkills

DartGun

Tazer

Scout Rifle

M249

Bears way backin 2014

Pk MachineGun

Mini Uzi

Biohazzard Showers

NightVision

Bows

Bizon

Radation At Tisy

Rad Suits

There is so much content not even to mention the guns

Sporter 22

Trumpet

Blaze 95 Double Rifle

CR527 Carbine

Repeater

Winchester model 70

SKS

AKS-74U

AK101

AK74

Steyr AUG Automatic Rifle

FN FAL

Crossbow

Amphibia S

Derringer

LongHorn

Magnum .357

MP-133-Shutgun With a pistol grip
Izh43 shotgun

VSS Vintorez

PM73 RAK

So Much of the game is missing and you dont see why we get so mad we need the game and content back please fix this for us

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Good choice, focus on whats important, maybe we can get a good 1.0 this year still

Edited by ZomboWTF

9 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

To be honest the game atm in .63 is a broken mess  they just trying to push the game into 1.0 for money and console look at everything all the missing content that should be in!

i will prob get banned for saying this but its true all they care about atm is money the pc sales are dry and the only way to keep the cash coming is consoles and this is there own fault for taking so long.Yes i know games take a long time to make but if you add everything up it all points to money.

.63 has so much missing they need to add in all of the content from .62 to make the game feel like dayz again if modders can do it i dont see why they cannot i feel like they have given up on dayz standalone and dont care no more just broken patch after broken patch and no end to the sucess of the game if i was going to list all the items they said they would add and have not the list would go for a long time infact i am going to do it here its just being a downhill struggle since day 1this is only a few items the list would go on forever

M12 Shotgun

Dirtbike

Byycle

Littlebird

NewParticles

Character menu

Character SoftSkills

DartGun

Tazer

Scout Rifle

M249

Bears way backin 2014

Pk MachineGun

Mini Uzi

Biohazzard Showers

NightVision

Bows

Bizon

Radation At Tisy

Rad Suits

Sporter 22

Trumpet

Blaze 95 Double Rifle

CR527 Carbine

Repeater

Winchester model 70

SKS

AKS-74U

AK101

AK74

FN FAL

Crossbow

Amphibia S

Derringer

LongHorn

Magnum .357

Izh43 shotgun

VSS Vintorez

PM73 RAK

So Much of the game is missing and you dont see why we get so mad we need the game and content back please fix this for us

I do not know if you do not read the status reports but all that will be added from ver 1.0, all those items are the least difficult to add thinking that the core of the game is really polished and as we all want, if they only wanted money , they had left the boat and it just was not like that, they were working silently on many things for the game and now you can see in the 0.63 view, many things broken but you only need adjustments and polish, it shows a lot the love that they put to the game the developers, it is their first game of this type, remember that they come from Arma that in nothing resembles what is now DayZ and personally, the game is better than ever in terms of focus, we only hope that they keep polishing things

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mrwolv said:
Spoiler

M12 Shotgun

Dirtbike

Byycle

Littlebird

NewParticles

Character menu

Character SoftSkills

DartGun

Tazer

Scout Rifle

M249

Bears way backin 2014

Pk MachineGun

Mini Uzi

Biohazzard Showers

NightVision

Bows

Bizon

Radation At Tisy

Rad Suits

Sporter 22

Trumpet

Blaze 95 Double Rifle

CR527 Carbine

Repeater

Winchester model 70

SKS

AKS-74U

AK101

AK74

FN FAL

Crossbow

Amphibia S

Derringer

LongHorn

Magnum .357

Izh43 shotgun

VSS Vintorez

PM73 RAK

I am not mad nor agree with what you say, but I have to say, I cannot wait for all those things to come (back).

Edited by Buakaw

Goodbye .62 I am gonna miss you. How I'll miss breaking legs and dying instantly falling off the smallest of structures. Alot of good memories were made and for that I am thankful.

7 hours ago, mrwolv said:

we need the game and content back please fix this for us

Don't quote me on this but i'm pretty sure that's what they're doing. 

10 hours ago, eugenharton said:

our time in this year

Realistically what do we have left of this year? 3 weeks before everyone goes for their holiday and new year celebrations. Delivering a meaningful update from v0.63 to v1.00 in that time is going to require a crunch of epic proportions. I suspect that the v1.00 release will be a superficial milestone, and I am not sure if it will be worth spending that opportunity to bring a lot of people back to test the v1.00 release in it's current state. I think a lot of people will not be impressed by the fact that from a pure content perspective so much is missing compared to previous versions, despite the impressive work that has been done under the hood.

Edited by Vigil Vindex

19 hours ago, Vernon_Price said:

The king is dead, long live the king!

The king is dead .. there will be a delay before the coronation while we locate the king. Reports that the heir to the throne is in hiding are false.  Do not be alarmed by sounds of  fighting reported from the palace, this is the cleaning staff.  Meantime, here is some easy-listening music.  Stay tuned !

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2