Sign in to follow this  
bandito6000

car persistence

I found a car and got to thinking. "I wonder If after all this work, will the vehicle that I've assembled stay where I've left it,  after a server restart ?" ... does anyone have any experience with this?

yes it will stay where you left it. unles the server has no presistance enabled. at least it stayed longer then my base with all its persistance issues :D witch was a week. and then i crashed the car.
well at least thats the case on PC servers. not sure how xbox servers work. i know you only have public servers

Edited by modis002
  • Thanks 1

Car stays anywhere you leave it. Only the built bases and placed barrels, tents, set wire mesh barriers disappears.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

Car stays anywhere you leave it. Only the built bases and placed barrels, tents, set wire mesh barriers disappears.

My base has been persistent for 2 or 3 days now. I have heard of other people having trouble with it though.  Thanks for the info guys

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

My base has been persistent for 2 or 3 days now. I have heard of other people having trouble with it though.  Thanks for the info guys

A little tip on the bases, seems like common sense but you would be surprised.. If you don't properly place a sea chest/barrel rather than just dropping it and storing your items in it; it will despawn. Happened to me after building a base with a buddy, as he dropped the chest instead of placing it. I thought we got raided at first but then realized everything in the barrel I placed properly and our tents were still there and intact. I haven't heard of someone's actual base despawning yet though, I mean walls and watchtowers. I wouldn't be surprised if they did though, plus the devs have almost guaranteed us that bases will be wiped eventually following every update. That's why I haven't wasted my time building an actual base and have just been setting up tents and such as I find them. Besides, base building is really only for fun even if they didn't get wiped as they serve no real purpose as of right now, other than maybe keeping out wolves if you're up north?? Considering they can't just ghost in like players. Making small camps/stashes to store loot, is where it's at. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dopplerman said:

A little tip on the bases, seems like common sense but you would be surprised.. If you don't properly place a sea chest/barrel rather than just dropping it and storing your items in it; it will despawn. Happened to me after building a base with a buddy, as he dropped the chest instead of placing it. I thought we got raided at first but then realized everything in the barrel I placed properly and our tents were still there and intact. I haven't heard of someone's actual base despawning yet though, I mean walls and watchtowers. I wouldn't be surprised if they did though, plus the devs have almost guaranteed us that bases will be wiped eventually following every update. That's why I haven't wasted my time building an actual base and have just been setting up tents and such as I find them. Besides, base building is really only for fun even if they didn't get wiped as they serve no real purpose as of right now, other than maybe keeping out wolves if you're up north?? Considering they can't just ghost in like players. Making small camps/stashes to store loot, is where it's at. 

My first base stayed for one week, 2 medium tents and 5 barrels. Tons of items inside. One day I joined server, they were there, walked to the nearby town and when I came back, all my tents and barrels were GONE ! I believe server crashes has nothing to do with persistance. And 2 days later I found a military tent, I carried it to forest and placed it. I went to mil base to get some ammo and when I came back ? puff, the base was gone again. Same with wire mesh barriers. I built a nice fort with them and same result. It doesnt really matter if you place it by manually or using toggle placing thingy. They all get lost eventually :(

30 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

My first base stayed for one week, 2 medium tents and 5 barrels. Tons of items inside. One day I joined server, they were there, walked to the nearby town and when I came back, all my tents and barrels were GONE !

Was this Xbox or pc? 

Barrels and tents on xbox will despawn after a reset , sometimes even before that, I've tested it a few times. But the car I fixed up yesterday stayed where I found it through a full server reset, even after entering the vehicle and leaving it's vicinity and coming back it was still there, kinda undriveable in it's currents state though, it's slides everywhere like it's on ice , gears aren't what they show up as most of the time & unless you rev it to the max in neutral and switch to reverse it ain't going backwards at all lol. Oh and the over steer is pretty intense, my advice would be to go very very slow and steer as little as possible .Hope that helps

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Barrels and tents on xbox will despawn after a reset , sometimes even before that, I've tested it a few times. But the car I fixed up yesterday stayed where I found it through a full server reset, even after entering the vehicle and leaving it's vicinity and coming back it was still there, kinda undriveable in it's currents state though, it's slides everywhere like it's on ice , gears aren't what they show up as most of the time & unless you rev it to the max in neutral and switch to reverse it ain't going backwards at all lol. Oh and the over steer is pretty intense, my advice would be to go very very slow and steer as little as possible .Hope that helps

lol it definitely gets squirrelly especially on hills. I've found pressing slightly on the gas is better than flooring it for keeping it somewhat under control 

• Like 1

I hit 80 kmp In that thing yesterday, and I felt like I was on top of the world! Lol second gear is insane. Only recommend on straight roads...

• Like 2

We definitely need a separate sensitivity slider for steering , I'm a high sensitivity player when aiming so even the slightest touch of thumbstick even just a gentle tap translates to fish tailing all over the road or doing a full 180 lol. But it's the first iteration of vehicles so I'm sure with future development/updates it'll handle better and be able to go up hills without a run up (4x4 vehicle my ass lol) . Also anyone else noticed the car models actually floating about five inches of the ground?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

We definitely need a separate sensitivity slider for steering , I'm a high sensitivity player when aiming so even the slightest touch of thumbstick even just a gentle tap translates to fish tailing all over the road or doing a full 180 lol. But it's the first iteration of vehicles so I'm sure with future development/updates it'll handle better and be able to go up hills without a run up (4x4 vehicle my ass lol) . Also anyone else noticed the car models actually floating about five inches of the ground?

Yeah a 4x4 should be able to power right up hills in the middle of the woods especially with that deep tread on the tires. Last night I was parked in neutral on flat ground just idling while I was on my phone and my car launched 100 feet in the air like you were talking about and then way down under the map. I didn't lose the car though I just put it in gear and drove forward a little and I was good to go

2 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Barrels and tents on xbox will despawn after a reset

Not necessarily.

My tent stayed over several resets - but then It disappeared after 1,5 day of not playing.

It might also have been taken though, but I highly doubt it as it was on a low-pop server and in the middle of the woods where you would need a compass and directions to find it and it could not be seen from any direction unless you got closer then 50 meters to it.

My char is on his way to the next town over to see if my civilian tent is still there, or if that is gone too - crossed fingers! :)

12 hours ago, bandito6000 said:

I found a car and got to thinking. "I wonder If after all this work, will the vehicle that I've assembled stay where I've left it,  after a server restart ?" ... does anyone have any experience with this?

You found a car on xbox? 

31 minutes ago, Nitroglycerine said:

You found a car on xbox? 

Yes! There was a hot fix recently that allows them to spawn now.

On 30/11/2018 at 3:23 AM, bandito6000 said:

I hit 80 kmp In that thing yesterday, and I felt like I was on top of the world! Lol second gear is insane. Only recommend on straight roads...

My personal record is 141kph, 3rd gear is where its at lol. wouldn't recommend going that fast without another mate in a car though it doesn't take long to get to the next town going that speed then freezing becomes an issue I've rolled my car twice now, got stuck upside down once, lucky I had a mate to push me back over

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2018 at 11:44 AM, Arctic Volkssturm said:

lol it definitely gets squirrelly especially on hills. I've found pressing slightly on the gas is better than flooring it for keeping it somewhat under control 

Also tapping RT quickly instead of holding it down helps to regain control sometimes 

Okay so it will stay unless the server crashes. I got a car going earlier, server crashed 5 minutes later when I was driving down the road. Joined back and It was gone. It happened to me 2 days ago as well. 

Cars suffer from the same persistence issues as other base pieces right now so don't bother with them if you want one with the intention to keep it.

To update on this topic, my vehicle has remained where it crashed since the day I made this thread lol. There's no hope for it anymore. There it sits, just north of electro on a hill and up against a fence.

Sign in to follow this