aS ARSONIST

having trust issues

i was on my way back to berezino from military base(talk about kitted out i was a 1 man army) which took me forever to do since i dont know how to navigate the map too well.bumped into a guy we seemed pretty cool and wanted to team up. WELL THIS IS WHERE I F**KED UP! guy sends me friend request invites me to party so im thinking its legit. well when his friend joins we were ready to leave the police station in gorka, i go to reload my gun and next thing i know boom i get shot in the back. talk about F**king cowards. Didnt want to fight or nothing they waited till i was in my menu to kill me. grown men laughing in party, leaves and blocks me. people if u want to kill, at least fight it out or go play pubg. there is ZERO communication in this game. no trading or wanted to team up. people see u and u can have a teddy bear on hand and theyll kill you. point is everyone i see from now on is getting shot in the face no questions asked. was really looking foward to teaming up with people and having a role playing group. well back to surviving!!

• Sad 2

I just spent two hours by myself then ran into a guy who said he was friendly so after about 20 min talking to him he killed me.

• Sad 3

I feel your pain. I trusted the wrong people on 4 different occasions. I observe from distance now before reaching out with words or bullets,lol

• Like 1

No matter how friendly someone says they are -- never turn your back on them if they are armed, and also NEVER EVER give an unarmed guy a gun. I forget who did it, but there was a series of videos of a guy on youtube who does social experiments on DayZ, and one of them was to give the person an empty and/or jammed gun and see if they shoot. Spoiler: Most of the time they did

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

No matter how friendly someone says they are -- never turn your back on them if they are armed, and also NEVER EVER give an unarmed guy a gun. I forget who did it, but there was a series of videos of a guy on youtube who does social experiments on DayZ, and one of them was to give the person an empty and/or jammed gun and see if they shoot. Spoiler: Most of the time they did

I think it was JamJar and Mr Blackout

1 hour ago, aS ARSONIST said:

i was on my way back to berezino from military base(talk about kitted out i was a 1 man army) which took me forever to do since i dont know how to navigate the map too well.bumped into a guy we seemed pretty cool and wanted to team up. WELL THIS IS WHERE I F**KED UP! guy sends me friend request invites me to party so im thinking its legit. well when his friend joins we were ready to leave the police station in gorka, i go to reload my gun and next thing i know boom i get shot in the back. talk about F**king cowards. Didnt want to fight or nothing they waited till i was in my menu to kill me. grown men laughing in party, leaves and blocks me. people if u want to kill, at least fight it out or go play pubg. there is ZERO communication in this game. no trading or wanted to team up. people see u and u can have a teddy bear on hand and theyll kill you. point is everyone i see from now on is getting shot in the face no questions asked. was really looking foward to teaming up with people and having a role playing group. well back to surviving!!

If you happen to run across me in a server, feel free to throw me an invite (GT: Molecular Drift). I've never and will never double cross another player who honestly wants a team player. Mostly, I've dropped other players out of self defense. The only time I've engaged in KOS was the eve of the last complete character wipe and even then I only targeted geared characters who were visibly armed... :P

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

Tell me about it, bumped into a new spawn who said he had just been killed. I wasn’t too well kitted but had a scorpion gun in my bags. We ran along the coast together for a while. I gave him a drink and food. Chatting along. 

He asked if I had rope which I did and gave it him. Running some more he said he needed to get back to his base where his mate had got his gear and was waiting. Running some more and then he asked to stop to mess about with something in his handheld dry bag.

In the distance from the left I saw a guy running towards had half ghillie on his head with gun in hand. I kept saying to the guy messing with his stuff “there is a guy coming from behind with a gun raised”. No response, I said it 3 more times, with no response. I pulled out my scorpion, and the ghillie guy raised his gun to me. As there was no communication from either even though the guy had been chatting to me for ages. It felt like he had gone into party chat. I shot my little scorpion, the guy then opened fire with his M4, hit me a few times but I blasted him with the scorpion. Dead.

The other guy finally starts speaking and says “that’s my buddy” how did U kill him and he didn’t kill you” I said to him that I didn’t know and I called out 3 times. He then went mute and started collecting the bits on the dead guy. I though in my head. “Think I should run”. So slowly jogged and after a while I saw him come up behind me and just killed me. Didn’t have chance to raise my gun this time. 

So morale of the story is don’t just assume this girl can’t handle a gun ;)

Edited by B1ueMorph0
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

If you happen to run across me in a server, feel free to throw me an invite (GT: Molecular Drift). I've never and will never double cross another player who honestly wants a team player. Mostly, I've dropped other players out of self defense. The only time I've engaged in KOS was the eve of the last complete character wipe and even then I only targeted geared characters who were visibly armed... :P

Yup, I can vouch for this guy.  :)

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2018 at 3:22 PM, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

Same here. I even have a store where I give shit away (I need axes, hatchets, etc btw) for free. If that ain't friendly, ionno what is.

Don't lose faith on survivors. Some of us (I guess we're the 1% in this situation lol) aren't kos skrubs and or betrayers.

I have plenty of other games to kill people in. If anything, I would try to restrain and rob your ass before even thinking about killing you. We'd have a better interaction that way lol

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

On 28/11/2018 at 9:22 PM, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

I have seen you on before, ill give you a shout-out next time! :)

And I can stand behind your rules, I never KoS unless I know that the person is engaged in slaughtering Bambi's or stuff like that.

I dont mind robbing people though, but I _always_ let my victim come out of it alive (unless he is stupid enough to try some real stupid shit like go for the axe or whatever) and I tend to make sure they got food and water to make it somewhere without dying (and If they haven't got any food/drink to begin with ill donate some) and often drops them some random stuff to (after taking what I wanted from them...).

I consider myself as an friendly and honest robber, how much sense that then makes. :)

• Like 2

On 28/11/2018 at 3:22 PM, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

On 29/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

Same here. I even have a store where I give shit away (I need axes, hatchets, etc btw) for free. If that ain't friendly, ionno what is.

Don't lose faith on survivors. Some of us (I guess we're the 1% in this situation lol) aren't kos skrubs and or betrayers.

I have plenty of other games to kill people in. If anything, I would try to restrain and rob your ass before even thinking about killing you. We'd have a better interaction that way lol

Same! Always looking for new friends in Chernarus to get into shenanigans with. GT: XIIIDIABLOIIIX (Don't judge, it was the only way I could get Diablo as a name lol)

Edit: now Supressed Bacon

Edited by xzDIABLOzx
Gamertag change
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

26 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

If anything, I would try to restrain and rob your ass before even thinking about killing you. We'd have a better interaction that way lol

I can totally vouch for that approach.

Its waaaay more fun then just KoS'ing, getting the loot and run away to the next victim - and not only for me, but also for the victim.

The last dude I robbed (I only done it successfully 3 times though) actually said to me (just before I left him) that it was his first time getting robbed and that he really enjoyed it as he had fun with the situation too and was happy that he got out of there alive and one experience richer.

Its a shame that most people just kill on sight, I have not tried to get robbed yet (I have not met anyone who even tried it on me) and I am actually looking forward to it happening sometime.

But If the robber is being a total fucking arsehole (talking shit and behaving like a baboon) then I will say fuck it, go at him with my fists and get ripped in a sec instead of letting him do it (and hope that he destroys the items he wanted)  - it has to be done with a bit of class so both parties can walk away from the situation with a little smile! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So a few weeks back I was fully kitted out in berezino helping out fresh spawn and trying to kill geared fresh spawn hunters. Well I met this one guy who had a big long story about being betrayed and killed by his squad mates. So I agreed to try and help kill them. We partied up, were talking for well over an hour while we ran all the way back to balota mili base where he got killed (took us an hour because we heard lots of gun shots along the way and wanted to stay clear). Seemed nice enough, but then all of a sudden he says his food is stuck inside his cooking pot, and asks if I can help him try and get it out... I didn't think too much of it and opened my inventory then BAM. Shot me in the head with a chambered IJ-70.. Thank god I was wearing a ballistic helmet as it saved my life. He starts apologizing saying he's so sorry, and he has no idea how the gun got in his hand, aimed at my head, and pulled the trigger.... I said are you fucking kidding me, blasted a full mag of 556 into him and he starts calling me an asshole for killing him. Shortly after that I left the party and blocked him only to find out he reported me on xbox live and I got a 24 hour party chat ban...... Like what? I still help fresh spawns to this day but never squad up with anyone I haven't know for a while. 

• Sad 2

I've bumped into more players since the update than before. I've never been a confident person mic wise so do my best and will always offer food or drink as a peace offering.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tino81 said:

I've bumped into more players since the update than before. I've never been a confident person mic wise so do my best and will always offer food or drink as a peace offering.

I tried that approach to a relative fresh-spawn in Berezino about a week ago.

I was on my way to the police-station where I could hear a player looting around inside.

I talked to him from outside, stated that I was friendly and asked if there was anything he needed and if he maybe wanted to coop a bit with me so we could keep each others back clear.

He replied friendly and said that he was red from hunger and asked if I had any food he could have.

Food was the only thing I was low on though - I was yellow from hunger myself and only had a can of peaches that I was saving a bit, but being the friendly dude I try to be (with emphasis on try lol) but I still offered him that we could share it and eat half of it each.

I was hoping to have some friendly interaction, maybe find a new mate in-game or go on a little adventure together if he was up to it and I had no real loot so there was no real reason to kill me.

He agrees, so I go into the police station and waves friendly to him and he waves back and all seems okay.

He asks if I can get the food out right away as he is red and is losing health all the time, so I go into the inventory system to get it out - and you all know what happened then, he pulls out a fucking axe while I am getting the food from the inventory system and starts hacking at me.

I yell out for him to stop it, and tells him that its just stupid as I have no loot real loot other then the fucking can of peaches which I was sharing with him - but the SoB does not even reply and hits me once again and I am dead.

My trust-level for other people in this game is _almost_ non-existent after that - most will kill you even if there is no reason at all (no loot, no threat and a friendly attitude) and will not even reply to a friendly hi.

Also - he sounded like he was pretty young (14-15 would be my guess) and I have made the rule that I will keep my gun pointed at anyone under 20 after this... ;)

The next time I offer anyone something I will fucking tie them down first, then leave it on the ground by them and let them pick it up when im gone!

I really dont mind if somebody lures me in and then uses the opportunity to hold me up, tie me up and rob me - I dont mind doing that myself and that is just part of the game (and can be fun even for the victim!), but luring un-geared players in just to kill them (for half a can of fucking peaches extra...) is just loooooow and not even remotely challenging.

If the person who did this reads it: I hope you get butt-cancer and looses your prick. :)

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Dopplerman said:

So a few weeks back I was fully kitted out in berezino helping out fresh spawn and trying to kill geared fresh spawn hunters. Well I met this one guy who had a big long story about being betrayed and killed by his squad mates. So I agreed to try and help kill them. We partied up, were talking for well over an hour while we ran all the way back to balota mili base where he got killed (took us an hour because we heard lots of gun shots along the way and wanted to stay clear). Seemed nice enough, but then all of a sudden he says his food is stuck inside his cooking pot, and asks if I can help him try and get it out... I didn't think too much of it and opened my inventory then BAM. Shot me in the head with a chambered IJ-70.. Thank god I was wearing a ballistic helmet as it saved my life. He starts apologizing saying he's so sorry, and he has no idea how the gun got in his hand, aimed at my head, and pulled the trigger.... I said are you fucking kidding me, blasted a full mag of 556 into him and he starts calling me an asshole for killing him. Shortly after that I left the party and blocked him only to find out he reported me on xbox live and I got a 24 hour party chat ban...... Like what? I still help fresh spawns to this day but never squad up with anyone I haven't know for a while. 

That's a terrible experience sir! But there's those of us out there who will not pull a stunt like that! It'd be kind of cool if the game was scripted to record betrayals and put a bounty or warning of some kind out on a GT, but then it would also take some of the immersion out of such a setting of DayZ as dead men tell no tales... 

lol reading everyones reply on their journey makes me feel a bit better about my situation. but right after my berezino incident i met up with randoms who are actually trust worthy and got kitted out again by killing assholes in spawn points. i will be posting soon to try to get a big group going. some role playing stuff(maybe a platoon that survived the outbreak looking to rebuild community). since everyone is just surviving just to survive we can survive and have a point to it. we will need people who know how to build,cook,cure sickness etc etc. for sure. 

• Like 1

Hit me up, im game for that. :)

Ill be home later tonight and will be on a solid amount of time over the weekend (and in general).

Gamertag: JJB00M (the 0's are zeroes, not o's!).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

Same! Always looking for new friends in Chernarus to get into shenanigans with. GT: XIIIDIABLOIIIX (Don't judge, it was the only way I could get Diablo as a name lol)

Hehe, at least you didn’t need to add Xxsnipex420xX..

Same goes for me, if you guys see me online. I really enjoy playing with like minded folks.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Nayte said:

Hehe, at least you didn’t need to add Xxsnipex420xX..

Same goes for me, if you guys see me online. I really enjoy playing with like minded folks.

Had to change it lol.

Now Supressed Bacon  ;)

• Haha 2

I promised myself to KOS...but since i truly like to help people in general (in games) i did not shoot this guy i met today, i gave him a coke and a can of food and i tried to talk to him over the mic but no response...so i was on my way when his friend showed up and started waving his arms like he was friendly...two seconds later i was shot dead in the back from a pistol.

They got some awesome loot i'd tell ya.

Got killed twice as a Bambi after that, got bored and jumped to an empty server, ran to zelenogorsk, server hopped and was fully geared in less than an hour. Ran south and met a half geared player, killed him without blinking, carried on and met a Bambi..killed him.

It's so boring and retarded it's not even funny.

We need Arma 3 om consoles so we can get rid of the cod/PUBG kids.