ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149597

2 hours ago, ChypressSweet said:

thanks for your answer :) when do you think the patch is coming?

You're welcome.

Wednesday would be the best bet, but they may have a patch sooner.

This tents and barrels and base are vanishing needs to be fixed now because I wasted my 10 hours building base for me and my friends and it to be all gone. 

That is complete stupid.

• Beans 2

7 hours ago, TheRPGMinx said:

This tents and barrels and base are vanishing needs to be fixed now because I wasted my 10 hours building base for me and my friends and it to be all gone. 

That is complete stupid.

Why the hell did you do that? We all know it's bugged and doesn't work right now, and it's been that way since 0.63 and the base building came out! Nothing changed!!!

When the base persistence gets fixed, you'll read about it in the patch notes, then you can try something small, wait a few server restarts and check if everything's fine, if it's still bugged, you just report your findings and wait till the devs make another patch to fix it. That's what beta testing for flushing out bugs is really.

This is experimental, wipes are frequent, as well as bugs/glitches.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 5

4 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Why the hell did you do that? We all know it's bugged and doesn't work right now, and it's been that way since 0.63 and the base building came out! Nothing changed!!!

When the base persistence gets fixed, you'll read about it in the patch notes, then you can try something small, wait a few server restarts and check if everything's fine, if it's still bugged, you just report your findings and wait till the devs make another patch to fix it. That's what beta testing for flushing out bugs is really.

This is experimental, wipes are frequent, as well as bugs/glitches.

Because we are groups of people who wanted to have a place to call our own. And lot of people also have done this as well. It takes long to find stuff to make those like nails, hammer etc.

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, TheRPGMinx said:

Because we are groups of people who wanted to have a place to call our own. And lot of people also have done this as well. It takes long to find stuff to make those like nails, hammer etc.

You can't have "a place to call your own"  on Experimental. that's why it's called EXPERIMENTAL.  
You need to play on a STABLE version that the devs are NOT experimenting on.

( Experimental Update 0.63.149597, get it ?)

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

I had built a test base on a stress test server beginning on Wednesday late, and it went on until Friday like somewhen in the morning. (I didn't build all the time, every now and then) So If I logged in again today, all but the last 3 walls was gone.

How fast is the despawn rate at experimental servers and how is it determined? Can I stop things from despawning later on stable? (I'm sure it despawned, it would be a massive coincidence if so much were torn down, but not the last 3 walls, which were build)

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Helldogz said:

I had built a test base on a stress test server beginning on Wednesday late, and it went on until Friday like somewhen in the morning. (I didn't build all the time, every now and then) So If I logged in again today, all but the last 3 walls was gone.

How fast is the despawn rate at experimental servers and how is it determined? Can I stop things from despawning later on stable? (I'm sure it despawned, it would be a massive coincidence if so much were torn down, but not the last 3 walls, which were build)

How do you actually start to build walls? Using an axe on a tree to craft a build kit doesn't seem to work for me. and thats the info i got :S 

4 minutes ago, dallebull said:

How do you actually start to build walls? Using an axe on a tree to craft a build kit doesn't seem to work for me. and thats the info i got :S 

Creating a fence kit from a tree was just temporary back then. Now you need to combine 3 sticks with a rope to create a fence kit and 4 sticks with a rope for a watchtower kit.

If I am correct, you can re-use these building kits.

Edited by amadieus
  • Beans 1

On 11/29/2018 at 6:50 AM, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

Only 2 devs watching the bug tracker ??? It’s beta for fucks sake . Shouldn’t they all be watching that thing since beta is all about fixing bugs ? 

They're not devs as they don't develop anything, they just work the bug tracker. They don't need a bunch of devs watching it. A lot of the posts are similar and they only need a few people to organize and funnel stuff down to the devs.

• Beans 1

On 11/30/2018 at 5:31 AM, ImpulZ said:

Please trust us that we have quite a big picture on what's going on, especially when it comes to the official server configurations. Regular restarts do not cause wipes on them. If you are experiencing something different, please report it to our Feedback Tracker and include all changes you made (including file tweaks etc - again, the seemingly smallest things can cause issues).

Incorrect...regular restarts do cause wipes. I did it personally and I'm telling you my result. We did a shutdown and restart last night and got partially wiped. I am not experiencing something different. I know what I did and I know the result I got. I said in the post you're replying to that I did in fact report it and at the time of that post it was 8 days since I reported it. It's been 12 days with no reply since the 22nd.

Reiterating: I only have an altered init.c with a paltry custom loadout (PersonalRadio, 9vBattery, Cannabis (bud), 4 Rags) and a Globals.xml adjustment.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 1

23 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Incorrect...regular restarts Do cause wiped. I did it personally and I'm telling you my result. We did a shutdown and restart last night and got partially wiped. I am not experiencing something different. I know what I did and I know the result I got. I said in the post you're replying to that I did in fact report it and at the time of that post it was 8 days since I reported it. It's been 12 days with no reply since the 22nd.

Reiterating: I only have an altered init.c with a paltry custom loadout (PersonalRadio, 9vBattery, Cannabis (bud), 4 Rags) and a Globals.xml adjustment.

incorrect.... if you have ANY alterations to the server files whatsoever then it is NOT a regular restart.  his orrigiinal reply to you even stated that the smallest of changes could cause an issue.  same idea as rolling a small snowball down a snow covered mountain.  "but i only changed it in the smallest way so we could have a bud" would be a small change, or 'snowball'.  by the time you reach the bottom of the mountain yoursmall ball is the size of a bus, or even a full on avalanche.  besides.... we know its beta and that there are persistance issues.  wouldnt the smart thing to do be to back up your persistance every 12  hrs so if an issue arose you could just roll back the clock and ignor it? (after reporting the issue of course)

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

...We did a shutdown and restart last night and got partially wiped...

Weyland, I am curious about this as I've been playing with the server files here on my laptop, mostly involving the weather and I too have an altered init.c but I am not seeing any wipes.  I don't shutdown and restart per se though -- I simply use taskkill and kill the DayZServer_x64.exe that is running and then start it up again using my batch file.  Is that how you do it as well?

In my case though, I did not tweak the Global.xml file -- have you tested by putting the original back in place and see if it still wipes then?

4 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Incorrect...regular restarts Do cause wiped. I did it personally and I'm telling you my result. We did a shutdown and restart last night and got partially wiped. I am not experiencing something different. I know what I did and I know the result I got. I said in the post you're replying to that I did in fact report it and at the time of that post it was 8 days since I reported it. It's been 12 days with no reply since the 22nd.

A shutdown and restart isn't a regular restart, specially if it involves a shutdown. I think ImpulZ means scheduled restarts when he talks about regular restarts.

Edited by IMT

38 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Weyland, I am curious about this as I've been playing with the server files here on my laptop, mostly involving the weather and I too have an altered init.c but I am not seeing any wipes.  I don't shutdown and restart per se though -- I simply use taskkill and kill the DayZServer_x64.exe that is running and then start it up again using my batch file.  Is that how you do it as well?

In my case though, I did not tweak the Global.xml file -- have you tested by putting the original back in place and see if it still wipes then?

I use Fragnet and do everything through the ACP. I'll put a stock init and globals just to see but wth man, can't shut down and restart a server anymore without persistence wiping?

Well, I don't know if it works differently on Fragnet, but if I delete the storage_1 folder (in my case, I only have one) under the DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus folder, then I would lose everything I built/erected as well as the character I last logged off with.  Could it be that the procedure you are using to shutdown/restart is deleting that data somehow?  If so, that would explain it.

49 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Well, I don't know if it works differently on Fragnet, but if I delete the storage_1 folder (in my case, I only have one) under the DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus folder, then I would lose everything I built/erected as well as the character I last logged off with.  Could it be that the procedure you are using to shutdown/restart is deleting that data somehow?  If so, that would explain it.

Absolutely not. Two people back that folder up on 4 hour shifts now so players can build something that doesn't wipe. We have to make additional backups now if we manually shut down or restart the server for any reason.

That would wipe the entire world, thats not our problem. Our problem is players lose things incrementally. One group will lose their walls, but the tents and stashes stay. Then the stashes go after a while. Later on the tent disappears.

@Weyland Yutani (DayZ) maybe show here:

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/241538-persistence-workaround/

The topic here, however, is experimental (serverfiles based all of stable-branch)

Yesterday I tried to build a watchtower. But I did not get the option to set the 4 trunks. (I tried with: 4 trunks and shovel / 4 trunks + 20 planks + 70 nails and shovel or hammer .... but nothing gave a build option .... only the fence worked properly).

Has anyone made the same experience or a solution to it?

37 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

@Weyland Yutani (DayZ) maybe show here:

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/241538-persistence-workaround/

The topic here, however, is experimental (serverfiles based all of stable-branch)

Yesterday I tried to build a watchtower. But I did not get the option to set the 4 trunks. (I tried with: 4 trunks and shovel / 4 trunks + 20 planks + 70 nails and shovel or hammer .... but nothing gave a build option .... only the fence worked properly).

Has anyone made the same experience or a solution to it?

are you using a regular fence kit or a watchtower kit? you need 4 sticks 1 rope to make a tower kit

Edited by modis002

I don't understand the big fuss over persistence wipes.  It's beta. These things happen.  Do something else as a group instead of building bases.  Try out the brand new physics tweaks with the ADA and report on that.  I've repaired many cars during .63 and haven't suffered a single persistence wipe.  Maybe try shooting each other?

Related, I still find the torque going into 2nd gear is still really weak right now. 

• Beans 2

I have test a fencekit (work) and a towerkit (not-work).

Reason for testbuilding are only the Hacksaw testing ^^. ( ~ 12 trunks sawed to planks from "pristine to badlydamaged" )