ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149597

3 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

Imagine that you are forming a refuge for everyone, then with the global chat, you can tell where it is, of course there is a possibility of bandits arriving, but even so many people can come and help to make it bigger, I remember like the night where they could not open the canned meals, ImpulZ made a camp in a church to help people, if there was global chat, it would not be necessary to go to twitter to find out

that's what the radios are for and most RP srevers have a radio chatter on there website the problem in globe chat for a RP is it would get spammed by trolls

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

Just now, Reaper TDO said:

that's what the radios are for and most RP srevers have a radio chatter on there website the problem in globe chat for a RP is it would get spammed by trolls

a lot of people talking is annoying, that's why it's better to write, to avoid spam, there was a time limit to be able to rewrite, if someone spoke it was kick from the server, there was never a problem when implementing this, most people do not use radios

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Can you please ask the person about more details on the issue and to report it with all known details to our Feedback Tracker in case he didn't do that already?

Hello Eugen, thanks for taking the time to respond.

I did that myself over 9 days ago.

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Again, the persistence issues are tied to server crashes. So to guarantee that there are no persistence issues, we would have to guarantee that there are no server crashes possible in the vanilla game. We can't guarantee that right now, and also in the near future with still a lot of features planned (the seemingly smallest things can cause a crash).

So to repeat, we have a constant effort going to reduce the risk and we are working on a long-term solution. The vanilla game will be definitely safer than modified versions.

Sorry to correct you here, but that's the antithesis of my experience.

We had a ban appeal so I had to shut down the server, went into my bans.txt, removed the ban, saved, started the server and a lot of persistence got wiped. There was no crash. I've shut down the server or restarted it on several ocassions and got instant reports of wiped persistence.

No external mods, some file tweaks...after the last update only init.c with a paltry custom loadout (PersonalRadio, 9vBattery, Cannabis (bud), 4 Rags) and maybe a Globals.xml adjustment were active. I think it's almost safe to say these file adjustments aren't wiping persistence.

• Beans 2

1 minute ago, radamantyz said:

a lot of people talking is annoying, that's why it's better to write, to avoid spam, there was a time limit to be able to rewrite, if someone spoke it was kick from the server, there was never a problem when implementing this, most people do not use radios

yes in 62 the radios sucked but 63 they work and alot use them now maybe have globle but let server owers have the right to turn it off 

On 11/28/2018 at 5:21 PM, Stinkenator said:

The amount of rain can be adjusted on community servers in the init.c file. We have disabled rain at all. You are then probably play on a community server (?) that has rain still enabled at a specific amount.

Example:

Weather weather = g_Game.GetWeather();

weather.GetOvercast().SetLimits( 0.0 , 1.0 );
	weather.GetRain().SetLimits( 0.0 , 0.0 );
	weather.GetFog().SetLimits( 0.0 , 0.25 );

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastChangeLimits( 0.5, 0.8 );
	weather.GetRain().SetForecastChangeLimits( 0.0, 0.0 );
	weather.GetFog().SetForecastChangeLimits( 0.05, 0.10 );

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastTimeLimits( 3600 , 3600 );
	weather.GetRain().SetForecastTimeLimits( 000 , 000 );
	weather.GetFog().SetForecastTimeLimits( 3600 , 3600 );

weather.GetOvercast().Set( Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.0, 0.3), 0, 0);
	weather.GetRain().Set( Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.0, 0.0), 0, 0);
	weather.GetFog().Set( Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.0, 0.1), 0, 0);

thankyou for your answer :) 

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, dallebull said:

How do you use the torch? 

Short stick + Rags? 

Cannot be lit with Matches or Handdrill.. >_< Not in hand and not if i place it on the ground. 

Maybe your matches are soaked... go inside and wait a few minutes till they're wet only. If they are wet status, it should work.

1 hour ago, radamantyz said:

Imagine that you are forming a refuge for everyone, then with the global chat, you can tell where it is, of course there is a possibility of bandits arriving, but even so many people can come and help to make it bigger, I remember like the night where they could not open the canned meals, ImpulZ made a camp in a church to help people, if there was global chat, it would not be necessary to go to twitter to find out

Imagine you don't do that with global chat because you can do it with a radio... man this would be sooooo immersive. I don't know if the radio tower is able to that right now. And btw every town has a radio station where you are able to give messages over speakers in town... great fun with alarm sirens sample and give a emergency warning about evacuating the area.

• Beans 1

Hi

Anyone know how to force an update to my experimental server? its still on 63.149525. I'm trying to get it to 63.149597, verifying the files makes no difference.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Athieros said:

Hi

Anyone know how to force an update to my experimental server? its still on 63.149525. I'm trying to get it to 63.149597, verifying the files makes no difference.

Thanks

My understanding is that server files are not available for experimental updates. They get released at the same time an update is pushed to stable.

16 hours ago, radamantyz said:

I think the global chat there is more interaction between the players and that is something that makes people get more involved in the game

In the mod, global was constantly used by the snipers and human hunters to track and kill less savvy players.

People would pop in, "Hey everybody! I'm down by Elektro fire station if anyone wants to team up!".

5 minutes later, same guy, "Hey! I just got sniped!".

People also spammed and shit talked constantly with stupid shit which really ruined the vibe of the game.

I'm not interested in a "sense of other people playing".

I'm more interested in feeling alone until surprised. (Which DayZ Spy ruins as well.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

15 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Sorry to correct you here, but that's the antithesis of my experience.

We had a ban appeal so I had to shut down the server, went into my bans.txt, removed the ban, saved, started the server and a lot of persistence got wiped. There was no crash. I've shut down the server or restarted it on several ocassions and got instant reports of wiped persistence.

No external mods, some file tweaks...after the last update only init.c with a paltry custom loadout (PersonalRadio, 9vBattery, Cannabis (bud), 4 Rags) and maybe a Globals.xml adjustment were active. I think it's almost safe to say these file adjustments aren't wiping persistence.

Please trust us that we have quite a big picture on what's going on, especially when it comes to the official server configurations. Regular restarts do not cause wipes on them. If you are experiencing something different, please report it to our Feedback Tracker and include all changes you made (including file tweaks etc - again, the seemingly smallest things can cause issues).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

That's what we need the update to go to stable today, so will it happen I hope so but IMO probs not, and if it doesn't get pushed out today then it will be Monday maybe   

Is base building removed from exp? Couldn't craft a build kit(Axe on tree?) , nor fill the wire box. (That was placed in a garage tho...)

6 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Please trust us that we have quite a big picture on what's going on, especially when it comes to the official server configurations. Regular restarts do not cause wipes on them. If you are experiencing something different, please report it to our Feedback Tracker and include all changes you made (including file tweaks etc - again, the seemingly smallest things can cause issues).

I am wondering if it then was a good idea to release server files and modding in the current state of the game

• Beans 3

The only thing that bothers me so far with this patch is the rooster. He's just too much. He. Never. Stops. Each time I hear one I feel the urge to simply dispose of him as soon as I can....

• Haha 2

After a calm week,  That Persistence bug happened again on Private server where I played and everything is lost AGAIN.  When this shit will be fixed already ???  I'm really tired of this, you pushed beta after 5 years, and can't even fix this Gamebreaking bug of Disappearing structures!!   People are quitting because of this garb,   FOCUS ON THIS BUG ALREADY  AS A PRIORITY !!!!!  Nothing is more important than THIS !

Edited by thag
  • Beans 1

21 minutes ago, thag said:

After a calm week,  That Persistence bug happened again on Private server where I played and everything is lost AGAIN.  When this shit will be fixed already ???  I'm really tired of this, you pushed beta after 5 years, and can't even fix this Gamebreaking bug of Disappearing structures!!   People are quitting because of this garb,   FOCUS ON THIS BUG ALREADY  AS A PRIORITY !!!!!  Nothing is more important than THIS !

Agreed . Response you will get : “we’re aware of the issue , please use bug tracker” .... 

• Confused 1

Hi DayZ Devs and Mods of this page i would like to know if all this tweeks are for the console version as well?

Also would like to know what where the servers labeled xbox and if there still around how do i get in them or are they somekind of private test server?

Edited by Sl4ught3r J 007
Forgot to add something

Does anyone know how i can reset my server to day time? after a restart it remains night time. I assume this relates to the time persistence setting in the config file. I have set this to 0 but after a restart its still night time. Is there another file that retains this information that can be deleted or edited to force the server to restart in the morning?  many thanks in advance. A

14 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

The only thing that bothers me so far with this patch is the rooster. He's just too much. He. Never. Stops. Each time I hear one I feel the urge to simply dispose of him as soon as I can....

Puk! Puk!....Puk-KAAAAA!

0c0b15ab23bdeca47dd7ff90bbc00ae3.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

19 minutes ago, ChypressSweet said:

patch today?

I've never seen one on a Saturday, sorry.