ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149597

The ability to reload with "R" from your vest or coat is not working.  Not sure if it is due to the magazine lock in the guns, or that option was not added.  But it would be nice to see it soon, as the act of having to tab and drag a magazine to the box can easily get you killed, and almost did get me killed when glitching zombies kept appearing on me, and I mean like 15 of them.  

18 minutes ago, isaac19delta said:

The ability to reload with "R" from your vest or coat is not working.  Not sure if it is due to the magazine lock in the guns, or that option was not added.  But it would be nice to see it soon, as the act of having to tab and drag a magazine to the box can easily get you killed, and almost did get me killed when glitching zombies kept appearing on me, and I mean like 15 of them.  

Can't you put a mag or ammo on the hotbar and hold the hotbar button? I think the r button is only used for cycling ammo for rifles or shotguns and unjamming by holding r.

Edited by barelyinfected
clarification: changed hit to hold.

34 minutes ago, isaac19delta said:

20 minutes ago, barelyinfected said:

Can't you put a mag or ammo on the hotbar and hold the hotbar button? I think the r button is only used for cycling ammo for rifles or shotguns and unjamming by holding r.

yes, this is how it works since the release of 0.63.
R is used to chamber a new bullet (with shotgun or mosin for example)
hotbar shortcut to the mag is used to change mag (with m4 or akm for example)

• Like 1

My question is probably not very smart but I'm wondering, why can't you fix the corruption of bases instead of the server's crashes ? Because, crashes can come from differents things and corruption of bases is only related to persistance from my point of view

We will take the Experimental servers offline for some smaller changes:

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Changed mission weather settings
  • Tweaked: Changed weather time cycle to fix issues with the weather system being delayed

ADDED

• Added: Server side logs for weather debugging
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, Kolase said:

My question is probably not very smart but I'm wondering, why can't you fix the corruption of bases instead of the server's crashes ? Because, crashes can come from differents things and corruption of bases is only related to persistance from my point of view

The tiny bit I've been following this they said the base corruption was due to the crash, have to fix the cause of the crash to fix the bases.

Still hate this stupid way of doing the EXP threads, way too much trouble catching up if you're not here everyday..

VON are broken in xperimental, please dont push to stable, Anytime people stop listening when you speak and when it happens, the sound never comes back unless the game is restarted, a survivor I met, lost his voice after getting shot

2 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

VON are broken in xperimental, please dont push to stable, Anytime people stop listening when you speak and when it happens, the sound never comes back unless the game is restarted, a survivor I met, lost his voice after getting shot

Can you please be a bit more detailed with what is not working? I do not really understand what you mean.

12 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Can you please be a bit more detailed with what is not working? I do not really understand what you mean.

when activating the voice chat, randomly the game stops transmitting the voice, last night I found a survivor and we could all speak by voice chat, after a few minutes each one was losing the sound, we saw that his character was doing the animation to talk but did not make any sound, after we talked about talking by written message, a person told me that voice chat stopped working after getting shots.

To fix it I have to restart the game

sorry my english.

Edited by radamantyz
  • Beans 1

7 minutes ago, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

@radamantyz make a short video and post the link here so they can see what you mean, I will if I find a player in exp

I cant, Im the work :(

@ImpulZ

How hard would it honestly be for you guys to add a global chat to the game? Even if it has to be an option to enable it in the client menu?Global chats are one of the most important yet simple features you need to add imo, brings a sense of community to players that play on the same server day in and day out.

I can understand that you might not want official servers to have this feature, for reason that are obvious. But a community sever with staff moderating the server there will be no issue, fuck even make it a configurable option for server admins to even have it turned on or not. I see 0 reasons why this can't or hasn't been done yet...

Edited by wydox123
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, wydox123 said:

@ImpulZ

How hard would it honestly be for you guys to add a global chat to the game? Even if it has to be an option to enable it in the client menu?Global chats are one of the most important yet simple features you need to add imo, brings a sense of community to players that play on the same server day in and day out.

I can understand that you might not want official servers to have this feature, for reason that are obvious. But a community sever with staff moderating the server there will be no issue, fuck even make it a configurable option for server admins to even have it turned on or not. I see 0 reasons why this can't or hasn't been done yet...

I'm totally agree with you, in the mod day, I love the gobal chat, i make friend, enemies, It makes you feel like you play with other people, It gives a lot of juice for roleplay, we needed

6 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

I'm totally agree with you, in the mod day, I love the gobal chat, i make friend, enemies, It makes you feel like you play with other people, It gives a lot of juice for roleplay, we needed

Did you play the mod when there was an global chat? 

It was just spam and shittalk 24/7.

Better to implement and cellphone in that case. So you can broadcast a text message to all playes with cellphones, or if the megaphone/radio could broadcast a text message over an area or to others on the same channel.

Global chat is an horrible idea, at least as long people play this game as a KoS Survival game, noone is remotely friendly unless you play on an RP server, and they can implement a global chat if they want.  

In Dayz, people are friendly until they get a Gun. >_< 

Edited by dallebull
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

I totally agree, Dallebull.

I think global chat is a terrible idea - especially for RP servers where immersion and realism are key. Having server restart messages and server specific content is bad enough, although sadly needed, but filling the chat with player messages is a)liable to spamming and trolling and b) well... A kinda answers it pretty well actually. Use OOC Discord or TS channels instead.

5 minutes ago, dallebull said:

Better to implement and cellphone in that case. So you can broadcast a text message to all playes with cellphones, or if the megaphone/radio could broadcast a text message over an area or to others on the same channel.

Global chat is an horrible idea, at least as long people play this game as a KoS Survival game, noone is remotely friendly unless you play on an RP server, and they can implement a global chat if they want.  

yes i dit, to avoid spam, there was a time limit to be able to rewrite, if someone spoke it was kick from the server, there was never a problem when implementing this

• Beans 1

How do you use the torch? 

Short stick + Rags? 

Cannot be lit with Matches or Handdrill.. >_< Not in hand and not if i place it on the ground. 

23 minutes ago, dallebull said:

Totally disagree. Global chat for me in dayz mod was huge in helping players when they needed it and getting the community to engage with one another. Yes sometimes chat gets toxic but that’s what video games can be. And if your scared about it ruining roleplay then disable it just like dayz mod had. Everyone has their opinions but I think a side chat would make the game a lot better for me and being a server owner.

• Beans 1

I think the global chat there is more interaction between the players and that is something that makes people get more involved in the game

20 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

I think the global chat there is more interaction between the players and that is something that makes people get more involved in the game

for pvp maybe not for the RP side

5 minutes ago, Reaper TDO said:

for pvp maybe not for the RP side

Imagine that you are forming a refuge for everyone, then with the global chat, you can tell where it is, of course there is a possibility of bandits arriving, but even so many people can come and help to make it bigger, I remember like the night where they could not open the canned meals, ImpulZ made a camp in a church to help people, if there was global chat, it would not be necessary to go to twitter to find out