ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149597

1 minute ago, walnussbaum said:

Nope. I reported it to the game devs in personal. It's their development. :-)
Event tho, I already reported this "bugging" to the server owners, excluding offical servers.

You do whatever you want man, I'm just trying to help

• Beans 2

ok cool bean but still need to fix the base tent BS my self and my friends run a server and with base, building bugged and tents I'm getting a bit pissed now 

• Thanks 2

@ImpulZ   Can you get some clarification on mj6866's request above?  I think most community server owners would love to know when this annoying issue gets fixed.  It's a big one before people will build bases on our servers.

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

6 minutes ago, Travis Hayes said:

Will this update end the monsoon season on Xbox?

5 minutes ago, barelyinfected said:

I'm playing now and monsoon is still there.

you know it's a PC update, right?

• Thanks 1

@barelyinfected  What he is referring to is what every community owner should know as it seems to affect most community servers.  If you build a base, something haywire happens and on a server restart bases/tens/barrels get wiped only.  Cars are fine.  It happens less on official servers because they do not restart as often as community servers do.  Most community servers are having a hard time getting players to build bases due to the consistent "wiping" issue.

BI is aware and said there would be a fix, in the SR, but now we have two patches and nothing as far as we can tell.

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, mjf6866 said:

Does "time persistence after server restart" address the disappearing bases and other persistent items?

No.
Disappearing persistent objects and structures are caused by certain server crashes. We are continually working with our internal QA and gathering data from all server owners who send us their crash files, to find the issues of those crashes and fix them.

• Beans 4

Known issues:  Walking through constructed walls.  Not being able to walk up stairs in Watchtower. walking through the walls of a watchtower.

Just now, Dann Cozey said:

Known issues:  Walking through constructed walls.  Not being able to walk up stairs in Watchtower. walking through the walls of a watchtower.

yep pissing me off too we are not a PVP server we are an RP server so the base building is needed also not being able to take down any of the base building too

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

12 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

No.
Disappearing persistent objects and structures are caused by certain server crashes. We are continually working with our internal QA and gathering data from all server owners who send us their crash files, to find the issues of those crashes and fix them.

ok, thank you for the clarification.  i appreciate the info knowing that the devs know whats causing it at least

11 minutes ago, Dann Cozey said:

Did you tested this on this Exp. patch ?   They said in the patch notes that it should be fixed now:   Fixed: Able to walk through base building elements after a restart

Also, on the latest stable patch you can't modify or remove any builded structure after server restart, does anyone tested this on this experimental yet ?

Edited by thag

44 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

@barelyinfected  What he is referring to is what every community owner should know as it seems to affect most community servers.  If you build a base, something haywire happens and on a server restart bases/tens/barrels get wiped only.  Cars are fine.  It happens less on official servers because they do not restart as often as community servers do.  Most community servers are having a hard time getting players to build bases due to the consistent "wiping" issue.

BI is aware and said there would be a fix, in the SR, but now we have two patches and nothing as far as we can tell.

I know exactly what he's referring to. We've have multiple groups on a server and it hasn't happened since last patch as far as I can tell. Before that I had daily reports. It would be nice if the devs would be more transparent about this issue.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

55 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

9 minutes ago, barelyinfected said:

I know exactly what he's referring to. We've have multiple groups on a server and it hasn't happened since last patch as far as I can tell. Before that I had daily reports. It would be nice if the devs would be more transparent about this issue.

We are pretty open about this. Most of wipes are caused by crashes, not controlled restarts. If you have a community server that wipes upon controlled restart, please get into contact with us via our Feedback Tracker.

• Beans 2

Is it just me or does the game freeze 5-10 sec when closing the inventory?

Also, does the helicrashes update continously or do they spawn at server restart? Been searching for one half the day -.- #NeedSVD

@ImpulZ

Was the patch supposed to include a server persistence wipe? (wasn't mentioned in the changelog)

oh, and did you change something with the precise object placement? i was unable to place a tent on a spot where it worked before, and i even had trouble with one barrel i moved to a forrest (slightly sloped terrain). (dropping worked fine, but object placement didn't)

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

No.

It would be nice if you could include this in the KNOWN ISSUES portion of the patch-notes until it's resolved. This is the biggest issue with players leaving DayZ again and in my opinion should be the #1 priority for bug fixing. I've had a ticket in for 8+ days now. My server population has dropped 80+% since this issue became rampant.

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 4

15 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

It would be nice if you could include this in the KNOWN ISSUES portion of the patch-notes until it's resolved. This is the biggest issue with players leaving DayZ again and in my opinion should be the #1 priority for bug fixing. I've had a ticket in for 8+ days now. My server population has dropped 80+% since this issue became rampant.

Thank you.

+1

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Thank you.

Can't enforce this enough. My friends and I were absolutely binge-playing until we found out about that bug. We haven't played dayz ever since.. :( 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Thank you.

You got that right.  How much more data is needed?  There are a lot of open tickets about the issue, seeing as it is a very serious and DETRIMENTAL issue to player population, why isn't there specific testing happening on Experimental about the issue?  Quadruple the amount of base building material and make a call for everyone to build bases and grab the crash data there, I guarantee you will see more results than you can dream.  Many communities would switch to exp just to help you guys gather data.  I've got over two dozen that would do it right now to get this bug squashed so people can play again.

• Beans 3

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Thank you.

+1

Just now, THEGordonFreeman said:

You got that right.  How much more data is needed?  There are a lot of open tickets about the issue, seeing as it is a very serious and DETRIMENTAL issue to player population, why isn't there specific testing happening on Experimental about the issue?  Quadruple the amount of base building material and make a call for everyone to build bases and grab the crash data there, I guarantee you will see more results than you can dream.  Many communities would switch to exp just to help you guys gather data.  I've got over two dozen that would do it right now to get this bug squashed so people can play again.

From what I've come to understand, server owners have different mods as well as tweaks to server files which could produce many different results.

Also, not all servers are running on the same Windows server version this may also produce different results.

This issue for us isn't just crashes, but equally for native server restarts, as well as shutdowns. AFAIK, there are only 2 people working the bug tracker and it looks like Geez might be alone right now. I'm sure that's slowing things up a bit.

Someone in my project said that there is a bug that affects SQL Server 2008 R2, VMware Vsphere 5.0 and up that causes a drastic over saturation of the CPU through the sqlserver.exe process causing major performance issues in the server.

No idea, just throwing it out there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

This. Same with cars, spawn tons of them ready to drive so we can actually test them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Thank you.

+1 on this.  dead on.  also as someone else said, why not load the maps with base building material and vehicles so we can actually test this stuff instead of spending hours searching for material only to have the next server crash wipe out our stuff and have to start all over?  I'm not being a prick about it..i genuinely want to know why?  Thanks.

Edited by mjf6866
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

29 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

This. Same with cars, spawn tons of them ready to drive so we can actually test them.

This is a wonderful idea! People would be really happy about that and it might finally bring some good press towards Bohemia.
I'm by no means an expert, but something like this could make it obvious to the public again that the devs care.

Edited by Blue0range

1 hour ago, Blue0range said:

Can't enforce this enough. My friends and I were absolutely binge-playing until we found out about that bug. We haven't played dayz ever since.. :( 

+1

17 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

From what I've come to understand, server owners have different mods as well as tweaks to server files which could produce many different results.

Also, not all servers are running on the same Windows server version this may also produce different results.

This issue for us isn't just crashes, but equally for native server restarts, as well as shutdowns. AFAIK, there are only 2 people working the bug tracker and it looks like Geez might be alone right now. I'm sure that's slowing things up a bit.

Someone in my project said that there is a bug that affects SQL Server 2008 R2, VMware Vsphere 5.0 and up that causes a drastic over saturation of the CPU through the sqlserver.exe process causing major performance issues in the server.

No idea, just throwing it out there.

TO BI: There are so many dedicated players to this game, far more than honestly there really should be if you consider the delays and issues that have plagued this title since the beginning. However even so you have entire communities willing to help with this. If you require the communities to run on the EXP branch with no Mods then it will be done and you will get the data you desire. You also have a player base that is not programming/performance illiterate and that I am sure if asked would be willing to help make recommended changes and submit them for your approval for you to look at and apply to the game if you see fit. You have a player base that has stuck with you through thick and thin, use us. 

• Thanks 1