Anyeurysm

Inventory management is a nightmare right now.

It was never great yo begin with, but it became somewhat manageable.

Now it moves items that your not even highlighting, doesn't move items at all, puts things into your inventory when you try to drop them...etc

I also wish there was a way to "lock" your cooking pot so things didn't end up inside your pot by default due a lack of proper inventory space... I accidentally boiled some items and ruined them...

• Haha 1

I managed to get my head around the new way it works.

Simply put it as follows.

Hold Y and the item is dropped in to the inventory only if you have enough space to store the item.

Moving the items around and in to storage is a bit better once you have practiced.

I can now shuffle things from the Pockets of the jacket or trousers to the back pack and visa versa by holding the A button and using the shoulder buttons to quickly scroll across the equipped clothing or bags.

Pretty sure its not a problem its just a change to what people had become accustomed to.

2 hours ago, marshall187 said:

Hold Y and the item is dropped in to the inventory only if you have enough space to store the item.

Moving the items around and in to storage is a bit better once you have practiced.

I can now shuffle things from the Pockets of the jacket or trousers to the back pack and visa versa by holding the A button and using the shoulder buttons to quickly scroll across the equipped clothing or bags.

Pretty sure its not a problem its just a change to what people had become accustomed to.

Is exactly as it was before except for items in hand sending to inventory rather than dropping them. Not sure if this is a bug or as intended. However, I like it that you can dtop items now without going into inventory. 

Idk bout u guys but for me if i put a backpack or shirt ect in my hand then re equip it the whole menu of that item just goes to hide mode, an i click right thumbstick to make it show but it stays hidden. Im OCD bout my item placements i like to have jacket on top then vest, pants then my pack at bottom.

This must be only affecting some players...

It simply will not allow me to move items around (about 80% of the time) when I attempt to move them and yes, I know how inventory management works... highlight item, press and hold A on said item, bumper over to desired location, release A...

Before patch, no problems.

It literally just does not work for me now, I have a shitload of gear I'm trying to put in my tent but it just doesn't work... yes there is space in the tent.

FML

On 11/28/2018 at 12:23 AM, marshall187 said:

1 hour ago, Anyeurysm said:

This must be only affecting some players...

It simply will not allow me to move items around (about 80% of the time) when I attempt to move them and yes, I know how inventory management works... highlight item, press and hold A on said item, bumper over to desired location, release A...

Before patch, no problems.

It literally just does not work for me now, I have a shitload of gear I'm trying to put in my tent but it just doesn't work... yes there is space in the tent.

FML

I've had issues as well. Seems for me, the fuller your inventory is, the more buggy it gets, I've had multiple game crashes/freezes due to inventory issues. Only thing that works for me is to stay light on loot in the pack.

yeah have to admit I have had awful issues with using tents.

Some times there slick and no problems other times it comes close to throwing the controller at the screen.

Guess this is all to be expected as we are basically the test dummies for a Pre released game.

• Beans 1

I just hate how sometimes you cant go down in the inventory with RT or down on the stick. You have to use LT or up on the stick to get to things below the first piece of storage. Sooo annoying... But i do feel that moving items around is a bit more responsive then how it was with the first BETA/base building/endless rain update.