bent.toe

You do know that bases will never work...right?

Imagine you and two friends spend a month building a base, with tower and walls around your tents and stashes and a big lock on the gate.

Now....two players find your base, stand in front of the gates, log out and join another server, take 5 steps forward, logs out and back in on "your" server...voila! Grabs all they need and poof!

LOL! 

What a fucked up flawed system!

• Beans 1

I guess that's how it's always been in this game. Lockable safes would be a useful addition. Server locked characters would be better though

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

5 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Imagine you and two friends spend a month building a base, with tower and walls around your tents and stashes and a big lock on the gate.

Now....two players find your base, stand in front of the gates, log out and join another server, take 5 steps forward, logs out and back in on "your" server...voila! Grabs all they need and poof!

LOL! 

Exactly what I was thinking! Not even going to waste my breathe. Tents and barrels will suffice... The idea of locking your loot to one server makes sense to me. If you change servers you lose your loot. This would solve all server hopping and unfair base raids all together in my opinion...

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

5 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I guess that's how it's always been in this game. Lockable safes would be a useful addition. Server locked characters would be better though

Agreed. I can't understand why they wouldn't implement server locked characters... They honestly have to, It makes no sense not to...

• Like 1

all community servers have locked characters. i dont see how this is a problem

That's why we need community servers with private hives so your character doesn't save across servers. (Like on PC)

29 minutes ago, modis002 said:

Yes, but we dont have some yet.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, xhardcorefishx said:

Yes, but we dont have some yet.

oh... didn't realise this was an xbox conversation. my bad :D

• Haha 2

I was just about to go off on the OP....because I did not catch the "Xbox" in the thread either....Ack!

Kind of funny to read Flame Posts from the new crowd, though...

Have patience @bent.toe

You guys have it pretty easy, compared to the PC supporters like us that have been suffering through the past 4-5 years of development. 

Not sure how the Community Servers are going to work for consoles, but I imagine there will be a form of server-specific persistence 

available... Server Ghosting/hopping losers are a problem for all Public Server players, and I hope you will have the opportunity we now have, as PC players, where Private Shards are readily available.

The original question was a good one...but I chuckled that it was in the form of a temper tantrum....(already)….

Stick to it, and glad you are giving the SA a chance...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Honeycomb your walls or hide the base really good. Remember, they can only carry so much. Horde loot and have multiple stashes in various locations hidden around the map. Dont put all of your eggs in one basket.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, modis002 said:

This is a console forum section. We dot have community servers or private hive servers. Only vanilla BI servers .

Or they implement a very simple fix to this.  A base has walls, right?  so there can be a defined perimeter.  The server could simply track whether or not someone was in a base at the time of log out on the server - if they were, they can log back on and be in the base.  If they weren't, the get moved just outside the base.

Really quite simple to solve this problem.

53 minutes ago, Maytrix001 said:

Or they implement a very simple fix to this.  A base has walls, right?  so there can be a defined perimeter.  The server could simply track whether or not someone was in a base at the time of log out on the server - if they were, they can log back on and be in the base.  If they weren't, the get moved just outside the base.

That's a good idea but but an idea isn't coding or implementation. That suggestion would involve coding a fixed perimeter size for bases usually using some kind of land claim system, the. A separate system of ownership for said base & most likely a permission system so other clan members or friends have build/spawn rights inside base area. Another for the server to identify if a person logging into said base area is or isn't allowed access l, if they aren't allowed access another separate systems would be needed to decide where it should spawn them outside of the base so that there safe and not spawned in mid air, in a lake etc etc. The list goes on, it'd not only take a lot of work and planning but it would have to be intergrated into the new engine too. Long story short , I doubt this would be implemented. 

It's way more likely that BI will offer a small amount of character locked servers per region for people who really care about base building and persistency in general as that way no one can ghost into bases . That'd be the easiest most effecient fix for gamers and developers really, plus it would completely stop server hoppers too. Double bonus.

Yes, it would take some coding.  Could be done as simply as possible or as complicated as possible.  If it is such a problem, I'd hope it would be something they'd have either already thought about or would work on.  

I haven't actually played around with bases at all yet, but if one needs a key or something to access it, that key could simply be a requirement of logging in within the base.  Could be as simple as tracking the last server logged in and if it doesn't match the server with the base, the user is put outside the base.  That would be a very simply way of dealing with it.  They'd just need to track the area of a base.  This really should be done anyway because it may not be someone trying to exploit, it could simply be a base being built in the place I last logged off a month earlier.   

6 hours ago, Maytrix001 said:

We are talking about a team that take their time and with every patch more bugs arise. So by the time they added something like that...we are all tired of getting all our loot stolen.

It's a good idea, but should have been implemented with base building.

Edit*

You have combination locks on a chain in the game, in the description it says it can be used on walls made of logs.

Edited by bent.toe

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

we are all tired of getting all our loot stolen

keep your loot in in a tent or barrel.. hide them
use several if you want to collect a lot of loot (if that's your aim in the game).
Take a tip from PC players, they have been doing this for a long time, and still do.

Bases are a new development on PC and xbox.. But PC players have been looting, using tents and barrels,  and some have been hording PLENTY of loot for ages, on private AND on public servers.
it's part of the game.. there are smart ways of playing and dumb ways of playing.

Xbox and PC players will see SOON find out BI ontend to do with bases - their functions and utility will be established.
Then we can decide HOW to play them.

At the moment, stashing your pile of loot in a base is exactly like gearing up and swimming out to sea until you drown
- when you've done it a couple of time, it gets boring.. right?   ..  <duh>

So use tents, they are pretty easy to hide - there is plenty of country available.  Use bases as decoys, or don't build them (who told you players HAVE to build bases?)
Smart players do the unexpected and get more out of the game and do better than dumb players.
Learn to play the game that EXISTS, if you try to play TODAY what is in your heads right NOW but not in the game yet  - it won't work but it WILL get boring.

Guess that's true of EVERY game ?
Tents are in the game, for instance, but lack of imagination & boredom are not in the game - you have to bring those yourself.

Do a search for "bases" across this whole blog (All Content = 11028 hits).  Not only Xbox players are discussing bases - Everything said in this thread has already been proposed.Join the discussion instead of starting another 'boring' thread. A short attention span will not help you in DayZ.

Edited by pilgrim*

12 hours ago, bent.toe said:

We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution.

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

On 27/11/2018 at 8:45 PM, bent.toe said:

LOL! 

Lol, its a shame you're so ignorant 

Dont you think they realise this?

Did you ever play Epoch? probably not... why do you think the safes was so useful? durrrr...

Give them time to implement and add new things before being stupid about it.. acting like you're the first to work this out. 

6 hours ago, NE75 said:

Lol, its a shame you're so ignorant 

Dont you think they realise this?

Did you ever play Epoch? probably not... why do you think the safes was so useful? durrrr...

Give them time to implement and add new things before being stupid about it.. acting like you're the first to work this out. 

Lol, fanboy is mad because he dident figure this out before the rest of us.

Haha

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Lol, fanboy is mad because he dident figure this out before the rest of us.

Haha

In it's current state the game is ass, let's be honest. But, the Devs are aware of that, play something else until it's sorted, that's what I'm doing **cough** RDR **cough**

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, droefheid said:

In it's current state the game is ass, let's be honest. But, the Devs are aware of that, play something else until it's sorted, that's what I'm doing **cough** RDR **cough**

Oh yeah, coz RDR is sooo bug free right? And fab how they got multiplayer working ready for release, not. Lol

2 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Oh yeah, coz RDR is sooo bug free right? And fab how they got multiplayer working ready for release, not. Lol

Well it's working well enough to play, The only bug I've encountered is my character's beard turning blond.. xD Don't try to attack me bro, I'm trying to bring peace.. There's no need to slam the devs.. They are aware of DayZ's current state, just find Impulz' comment above..

Edit - Note to self - do NOT mention RDR on these forums..

Edited by droefheid
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, droefheid said:

Well it's working well enough to play, The only bug I've encountered is my character's beard turning blond.. xD Don't try to attack me bro, I'm trying to bring peace.. There's no need to slam the devs.. They are aware of DayZ's current state, just find Impulz' comment above..

Edit - Note to self - do NOT mention RDR on these forums..

I'm not the one slamming the devs. I'm loving playing dayz and I'm not the one saying the game is 'ass'. RDR was a huge let down and basically a classic example of another AAA title repeating the same formula, and making huge promises they don't keep. At least BI are actually doing something original.