VVolf10

Idea for Inventory/Items update

What if when you looked at a new item on the ground it auto compared to your equipped similar item and a green or red + and - symbol showed if the new item decreases or adds to your available inventory spaces compared to your equipped item.

So for example:

You have a backpack equipped that has a capacity of 50 you see a new backpack on the ground that is + or - 20, so when you inspect the item in the title bar of the new item the capacity looks like this: +20 or -20   

This way you know that it adds or decreases compared to your current gear on the fly and it can be used for all clothing and gear that has inventory capacity.

*Edit: OK so I do see that items you inspect have the capacity listed in white, but I still think that this would be a nice quick reference and it really wouldn't add any information except a small + and - symbol with the capacity color red or green. I agree its not needed and there are tons of other more pressing issues, but I just think it would be a cool little addition.

Edited by VVolf10

I don't think this is a really good idea as you can already see how many slots each item has with a number, example a backpack with "30" slots and you see a backpack with "50" people will definitely know that this backpack has more capacity than the one they already had. I also think that it's fine that the player has to figure out themselves which item is better or has more slots than the other.

4 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You don't need to equip a backpack to see how many slots it has. 

When you look at a backpack on the ground no description is popping up and I do not see a capacity. I thought that it did before.

When you go to inventory you can see what capacity it is without equipping it. I don't think I'd want loads of info popping up on screen when I'm walking around. 

I think info in the inventory is much clearer now though. My eyesights not what it used to be, so I'm pleased they improved it. When I play Ark I have to keep going up to the telly so I can see what's in my inventory! 

19 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

When you go to inventory you can see what capacity it is without equipping it. I don't think I'd want loads of info popping up on screen when I'm walking around. 

I think info in the inventory is much clearer now though. My eyesights not what it used to be, so I'm pleased they improved it. When I play Ark I have to keep going up to the telly so I can see what's in my inventory! 

I do see the capacity listed for new items I look at. Not sure how I was missing that, must of had a moment of stupid!

2 hours ago, VVolf10 said:

I do see the capacity listed for new items I look at. Not sure how I was missing that, must of had a moment of stupid!

I think its a bit clearer now than before, I think they've made the info a bit bigger and clearer than it was because I don't have to walk up to the TV now to check things!