From the pulse of the forums , I can tell most of us aren’t ready to properly critique a game that’s this broken , THIS close to “full release” . I fondly remember this happening just recently to another game that everybody hates now .. what was the name... oh yes , fallout 76 . How could I forget : this games beta is exactly like falllut 76s , and best of all they promise to release this buggy mess in a little over a month ! Now onto the serious note :

People need to stop defending these devs and their poor decisions , it’s only enabling them to continue down this lazy and poor path . They NEED to push out this big patch like asap so we can critique it and tell them if it’s ready for 1.0 or not . Remember FBs and WKs ; your idolizing of the devs as God’s is only Bringing us further and further away from a proper , non-broken , smooth operating 1.0 .

Essentially if you defend any poor decisions this late in the game or use any FB / FORUMS WK-like terms (which includes using the phrase “it’s beta/ it’s early access just be patient”) then you are advocating for a bug ridden , poorly developed game that will never have a proper beta or 1.0 phase because of all the goddamn coddling you people are doing to the devs just because you don’t want to hurt their feelings or some shit .

Grow up people -  we paid for this product years ago, we still have yet to have that product delivered in full so don’t let these devs pull a fast one and give us a shitty broken 1.0. We honestly deserve more for being so damn loyal and always telling our friends “dayz is just about to get awesome” when really it’s just spinning the same old gears . And you people should expect more than a barely functioning pvp game after 5 years . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Or you can have realistic expectations?

the devs *wont* be "pulling a fast one" or any other dull trope.

Patience, and in your case, a modicum of respect towards the devs, is key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 6

that is not disrespectful dear dayz team that is the opinion of the community make you a statistic how much player still play, and then one makes before the pc version completes ne xbox version? the beta is almost us playable basebuilding, servercrashes etc ...... the dayz community is waiting quite a while but after so many disappointments it is clear that the community is starting to get angry

Edited by ChypressSweet
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

you dont speak for the whole community though. try to remember that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

OrLok, this is really, really bad. Long time in-game friends of mine are just walking away. It's becoming a little difficult to keep the faith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

They are right but at least for a large part if I read through the comments, dayz just has too many mistakes in it right now i hope the patch comes soon because at the moment i do not think it's fun to play, I do not want to attack you or anything else I just want to say my opinion on the subject

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It surely will be exciting to see how the game will look in one month time, but I keep my judgements till that very day.

Am I a bit worried? Yes I am! I encounter plenty of bugs in a few hours game time and the game still needs lots of balancing. I am pretty sure we will see enough noticeable differences when the 1.0 release will happen, but will it be enough? That's where I do have my doubts, especially with new bugs coming with each patch so far. I mean this game is going to be officially reviewed soon, it will be sad to see the game getting low scores because of possibly too many bugs, lack of content and the odd urge of the devs to call it 1.0.

• Beans 1

Don't depend much on others' opinions and especially don't let other people ruin it for you. Any game. Or find other people. This game doesn't have actual teamplay in it's core and doesn't require you to play with a group. It's more fun for me finding new random people who you can actually play with. To me, software like Discord or Teamspeak actually mess with the whole idea of Dayz.

On the other side, sure, so much bugs and problems, things to do and fix, with the youtube and reddit vox populi combined, it doesn't look good for Dayz and it's like that for a couple of years now. I've got more then a few friends just for Dayz gameplay, and we played a crap out of it in earlier versions. We haven't played for some time now, I played a bit of exp and now beta, but we'll probably all get back to it after 1.0.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

yes in the 1.0 version I will be back at the start it is one of the best games in the world just for me currently not playable

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, OrLoK said:

To be fair its not really that strange people are losing hope. There has been alot of delays and issues over six years. When looking at the amount of stuff that needs fixing ofc you get worried what the 1.0 product will be.

I wasn't trying the game during the stress test period, but that period alone lasted nearly six months. One would think it would have been alot of time to repair most of the bugs there.  One would think this new engine would solve alot of the issues, but bugs just keeps popping up left and right.

My question is:  Is it unrealistic to expect a game that has been development for six years  and that has sold like 3 million copies to not feel like a alpha/early beta when it reaches 1.0?

Edited by Evilsausage
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Evilsausage said:

To be fair its not really that strange people are losing hope. There has been alot of delays and issues over six years. When looking at the amount of stuff that needs fixing ofc you get worried what the 1.0 product will be.

I wasn't trying the game during the stress test period, but that period alone lasted nearly six months. One would think it would have been alot of time to repair most of the bugs there.  One would think this new engine would solve alot of the issues, but bugs just keeps popping up left and right.

My question is:  Is it unrealistic to expect a game that has been development for six years  and that has sold like 3 million copies to not feel like a alpha/early beta when it reaches 1.0?

a little over a year or so ago, they scraped the old engine and all that had been done before.

They added the new engine and started  on dayz standalone all over from a new start.

No mater what they call it , that is my take on what we have with the game today.

So to me the new game has only been in development for just over a year or so. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I've been waiting patiently for years, and still have not heard even one word about sandwiches from the devs.  Nothing in the beta checklist; that's fine.  I don't expect to open a full-service deli while basebuilding and persistence is still being hammered-out.  But they could at least let us know if it is on the post-1.0 feature prospectus or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I've been waiting patiently for years, and still have not heard even one word about sandwiches from the devs.  Nothing in the beta checklist; that's fine.  I don't expect to open a full-service deli while basebuilding and persistence is still being hammered-out.  But they could at least let us know if it is on the post-1.0 feature prospectus or not.

Well, key framework components are still missing, bread and cheese that is.

58 minutes ago, cirkular said:

I don't expect to open a full-service deli while basebuilding and persistence is still being hammered-out.  But they could at least let us know if it is on the post-1.0 feature prospectus or not.

At the moment it is not. SANDWICHES in the game have NEVER been discussed in DayZ development meetings. Making BREAD has never been discussed in DayZ development meetings. Milking cows has never been discussed in DayZ development meetings. Cheese-making equipment, or tins of cheese, or packs of sliced bread have NOT been suggested.  NONE of these subjects have EVER been mentioned not even ONE time -  not even in notes that did not make it to discussion.
OK ? - But keep on fighting for these things; perhaps you can get an action group motivated to put pressure on BI. At present there are ZERO plans for these developments after 1.0

= [ I have a inside contact and a team of expert analysts on this ] =

xxP

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

a little over a year or so ago, they scraped the old engine and all that had been done before.

They added the new engine and started  on dayz standalone all over from a new start.

No mater what they call it , that is my take on what we have with the game today.

So to me the new game has only been in development for just over a year or so. 

The Devs said they started working on the Enfusion engine at the start of the Alpha. Six years ago, if that ment they added content for a engine they had to replace anyway. Its still bad planning from their part. 

We don't even know how much different the Enfusion engine is from the original. My guess is its heavily modified version of the old engine. 

So far I can't say it has been a major differance besides some minor stuff. Like less lag. 

But still stuff is buggy. Close combat fights are messy and bad. Horrible zombie AI etc... Who knows maybe the bugs will get fixed... 

But since BiS is known for taking alot of time I do fear it will feel unfinished at launch.

15 hours ago, Evilsausage said:

I've heard the "losing hope" line since development was announced! People come and go all the time. There isn't a *set* number of players in the gaming pool.

You can expect whatever you wish, but if you follow development, which isn't for everyone I admit, then you'll *know* whats going on. I don't really see how the devs could communicate more with their multiple channels of info.

Me? If I buy any game, I do my research first and occasionally if I do decide to jump in early I *know* that I may be frustrated/disappointed.

Im treating DAYZ like Arma3. Barebones on release and matures over time with additional content and mods. I dont see why this product will be vastly different.

Has development been perfect? Nope. Has it been par for the course? Absolutely! 

Look at all the other DAYZ killers, how are they doing now?

There's a reason these things take time. Its a hugely complicated concept which BI needs to get right for it to work. Hence for example the engine overhaul/rebuild.

Yes, realistic expectations *are* key but they may not be what *you* expect! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 4

I have faith because the enfusion engine for Arma4.. i mean dayz is over, so they can focus on bug fixing and re-adding features

On 2018-11-28 at 3:42 PM, OrLoK said:

I've heard the "losing hope" line since development was announced! People come and go all the time. There isn't a *set* number of players in the gaming pool.

You can expect whatever you wish, but if you follow development, which isn't for everyone I admit, then you'll *know* whats going on. I don't really see how the devs could communicate more with their multiple channels of info.

Me? If I buy any game, I do my research first and occasionally if I do decide to jump in early I *know* that I may be frustrated/disappointed.

Im treating DAYZ like Arma3. Barebones on release and matures over time with additional content and mods. I dont see why this product will be vastly different.

Has development been perfect? Nope. Has it been par for the course? Absolutely! 

There's a reason these things take time. Its a hugely complicated concept which BI needs to get right for it to work. Hence for example the engine overhaul/rebuild.

Yes, realistic expectations *are* key but they may not be what *you* expect! :)

I think DayZ has a future, but It's not really strange most fans are kinda sceptical of BiS promises at this point.  I think the mod support can help alot though if we get some passionate modders. 

Question is how Barebones? Buggy zombies running through walls? Having horrible pathing. Overall having a tiny impact on the game. I mean they are in some ways worse then the six year old mod. That combined with all the bugs makes this still feel lika alpha. 

Who knows maybe it will get fixed before release? If not I think DayZ will be mocked for how little it has actually achieved. I just want DaYZ to start feeling done so I can actually try to convince my old DayZ friends to play again. 

I just fear DayZ 1.0 will continue to feel lika a alpha for many more years. 

On 27.11.2018 at 5:56 PM, OrLoK said:

while you are right that we need to see 1.0 in order to judge it properly, the state of the game right now doesnt fill me with hope

i dont see the devs having any fault in this though, they are clearly doing their best, but the time is just not enough i think, there is so little time left for feedback that i highly doubt every major problem will be addressed until 1.0

The devs bit more than they could chew, In my opinion they did a mistake by trying to work on too many different features at once. They should just focus on one thing and put all the effort and time into perfecting it, then move to another feature. They have added lots of features but none of them are polished enough. Why work on throwing items, base building and hit zones when the most important core features are still not finished from 2013. 

Edited by Saylor Twift

Remember...a few weeks back when they announced beta and 1.0 both to be released in 2018 a hell of a shitstorm broke loose (mainly because of all the missing content). The devs main argument for releasing 1.0 and postponing so much content was to build a stable running, polished and ballanced version and  then to add the so called flavor content post 1.0 in 2019. 

As it looks right now there is not only the massive amount of content that is missing but also the current status of the game is still buggy, unpolishesd and unballanced as fuck with just 3 weeks to go before their  christmas break.

I am sure devs are working hard and will be able to provide some fixes for the most pressing issues so that we will have at least a good basic running version of the game before Christmas but this will for sure be still far away from being really polished and ballanced, not to speak that stuff like horticulture and/or the truck are not even in the game now....

On 28.11.2018 at 3:42 PM, OrLoK said:

Yeah DayZ has been very lucky so far...BUT... there is this small very passionate team making a very promising looking Zombie Survival Game taking place in Alberta Canada running on Unreal Engine....

just sayin....

On 30.11.2018 at 2:45 PM, gizzlembos said:

I have faith because the enfusion engine for Arma4.. i mean dayz is over, so they can focus on bug fixing and re-adding features

This engine is nothing more than a basic version right now and far away from being on par with current next gen engines. Allthough dayz is looking nice and has its moments it is looking outdated compared to other engines...no seasonal patterns...no underground structures...outdated lighting....no real outside the border lod terrain etc

If this engine is meant to be the future engine for BI games there is still alot to do and add.....

I'm not expecting 1.0 to be nirvana.

just like every BI 1.0 I'm still expecting flaws.

indeed, just like any 1.0 release.

there's almost always a post 1.0 hotfix for gamestoppers even in AAA releases.

Dont forget, it took a good long while for Arma3 to mature but once it did, it rocked.

even at it's barebones launch it was far superior to A2.

S.A. already stands head and shoulders above the vanilla mod bugs included.

reinstall it and see.

manage your expectations. patience is key.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

Dont forget, it took a good long while for Arma3 to mature but once it did, it rocked.

This is more or less what I keep telling myself.

I can look to the current player numbers of ARMA3 and hope that's the direction DayZ is headed.

• Beans 1