Justin Johnston

Looking for a server

So im an old school player. was an admin for emerge gaming overwatch back on the mod, and im looking to jump back into a community or server like dayz overwatch on standalone. do those exist yet or no lol, because i heard modding was now available, and it had me jonesing. please reach out. thanks guys.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:01 PM, Justin Johnston said:

So im an old school player. was an admin for emerge gaming overwatch back on the mod, and im looking to jump back into a community or server like dayz overwatch on standalone. do those exist yet or no lol, because i heard modding was now available, and it had me jonesing. please reach out. thanks guys.

In short, no. Unfortunately there are no servers like that currently. Overwatch comprises of many features (mods/scripts) and I will list their current functionality: 

Safezones - partially working, headshots will still kill a person due to the way the game currently handles damage

Traders - partially working (and unreleased).

AI - only zombies and animals at this stage

Persistence - broken. Bases you build, tents you fill and cars you repair are randomly despawning due to bugs in the game. Leaving a large part of the end-game elements that Overwatch added useless if implemented. 

Advanced bases (digital locks, assigning building permission to friends) - not developed/released

Friends/Groups - not developed/released

AI/Zombies Killed stats in Debug - not developed/released

Vehicles - currently only one car which is set to spawn as default in the server files and that is still very buggy

In conclusion, people are hard at work developing mods/features which can be bundled together to create an Overwatch/Epoch/Exile 'style' server. Unfortunately these mods rely on a stable backbone (game) to build upon and work in conjunction with, and DayZ persistence is currently broken/buggy.

These mods will come in due time and these bugs will hopefully get fixed soon. Watch this space!

Edited by Fester808