Jonas Levin

How do I take a car-tent down again?

Question

I finally found myself one of the bigger tents (the car tent) and I deployed it a random spot (right in the middle of a town) just to see how it looked.

But I can't seem to figure out how to take it down again so I can move it to the spot I actually want it in.

The only trigger I can get when walking around it (inside and out) is to open and close the opening to the tent.

Help urgently needed! :)

9 answers to this question

I'm a PC player but I had a similar problem a couple of builds ago, so the solution may be the same.

First, the spot to check was down on the floor inside and in the middle of the tent.

If you unloaded some loot out of the tent and dropped it right on the floor then it may have hidden the spot where you get the option to pack up the tent.

Get all the stuff off of the floor and it should be accessible.  That's what worked for me.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I never put any items into it, but im on my way back to the tent to check now - crossed fingers!

Problem solved itself, when I came back to the spot the tent had done me the favor of packing itself down and was ready for me to pick up again!

And now its time for that long and slow walk! :)

Edited by Jonas Levin

PS - your tip to taking the tent down again works!

The only spot I can get the trigger to take it down is when standing right in the middle and looking down - I had mainly been concentrating on the sides and entrance from both inside and out.

Top tip! :)

And the tent just disappeared.

I highly doubt it was found by anyone as it was on a low-pop server (3 people on it at the moment) and located deep in the forest where you would need directions and a compass to get too.

I logged out it front of it 1,5 day ago, and when I just logged in again now the tent is gone.

I can't rule out that somebody found and took it, but the chances are low.

At least I was carrying 2 x UMP's, 2 x M4A1's, 1 x AKM and 2 pistols plus a bunch of misc stuff back (which I still got as I logged out before I put it into the tent), and now I am standing in the middle of the forest with a full inventory and a full dry backpack in my hands with no where to put it lol.

Edit: The dry backpack I had been carrying (my new plan was to bring it to my civilian tent in the forest 3-4 km away) just "disappeared" too - I was standing still in front of a bush and dropped it a second to get something to drink from my hunter backpack on my back, and when I wanted to pick it up again it was inside the friggin bush and I can not for the life of me get a trigger to pick it back up (neither with empty hands when trying to hover the crosshair over it when standing in front of it or via the inventory-system).

So now I both lost the big tent in the middle of the forest and my dry backpack with a M4A1, the first PU scope I have ever found (which was my main goal of the trip which had been going to some hunting cabins in the woods), gas-lamp with gas attached plus a solid bunch of misc ammo and mags) in about 10 minutes.

You _really_ got to love this game to play it when shit like this usually happens several times pr hour - some weapons dont give off any sounds when you fire them (its a nightmare when you are on the receiving end and dont get no cues to where the shooting is coming from other then the bullets hitting around you), guns jam on you and there is no way to unjam them, the proximity chat is fucked from time to time (I have had mates not being able to hear me even though my mic is fine and we haven't been messing around with party-chat), tents de-spawn with your stuff, the general KoS-culture (even though handcuffs have been implemented and duct-tape and rope is finally working to tie people up with I have not been robbed a single time yet).

But I do... ;)

Edited by Jonas Levin

The main selection criterion is the type of tent. If you accurately represent the purpose of your journey and the future conditions of operation of the tent, this is a guarantee that the choice will be made correctly. Depending on the purpose, various materials and technologies are used in the construction of tents. It is from these most important components that the cost of the tent and its functional properties are added up. Specifically, we chose a tent for five people, taking into account a teenager and a small child (daughter and son). We needed it for a long time. Found on poptop  from a huge amount of choice👌👍

On 11/28/2018 at 5:00 PM, Jonas Levin said:

it was inside the friggin bush and I can not for the life of me get a trigger to pick it back up

cut the bush down

Umm, this seems like an old thread now, but to add my two penneth worth, if you stand outside the tent looking at the corner that has the bag, you get the prompt.