Sign in to follow this  
The Smeef

Spawning in someone's base.

Lets say someone has built a base in the ATC Tower at North West Airfield and locked all the doors and built walls all around it etc, Whats stopping me from going on another server and walking into same ATC and then log back on the old server and spawning in someone's base ????? Understanding you guys have loads of work so Im not trying to come across as rude or anything I just want to know if you guys have anything about this that will prevent this from happening and also the 90 seconds spawning in timer I already know about but what if they are offline and I just take all their loot and leave the server to then walk out the ATC and spawn back in basically teleportation in and out their base.

Edited by The Smeef
Didn't Finish what i was typing

By design that would make the ATC tower a poor place to build a base. If you build in a hidden location in the woods somewhere you can build layers of fences obscuring the view inside your camp so from the outside they won't be able to tell exactly where your tent or stashes are located behind the fence. If they try spawning inside it they might end up spawning on a land mine or bear trap ;)

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

12 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

By design that would make the ATC tower a poor place to build a base. If you build in a hidden location in the woods somewhere you can build layers of fences obscuring the view inside your camp so from the outside they won't be able to tell exactly where your tent or stashes are located behind the fence. If they try spawning inside it they might end up spawning on a land mine or bear trap ;)

But surely the walls should be enough.... I really hope it is a thing because I want to be able to build up without worrying about people spawning in my base to get my gear because they cant fight with honour

There's nothing stopping you ghosting in if you want to. 

But if you do your a dick. So be cool and don't do it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Smeef said:

But surely the walls should be enough.... I really hope it is a thing because I want to be able to build up without worrying about people spawning in my base to get my gear because they cant fight with honour

It's survival, you always have to assume and prepare for the worst. Don't put everything you own in one place. Make your base confusing to navigate with plenty of mines carefully placed so that only you know the path to not get blown up. That takes time though so I wouldn't get started on all that now because there will probably be persistence wipes coming soon 

22 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

It's survival, you always have to assume and prepare for the worst. Don't put everything you own in one place. Make your base confusing to navigate with plenty of mines carefully placed so that only you know the path to not get blown up. That takes time though so I wouldn't get started on all that now because there will probably be persistence wipes coming soon 

Well either way abusing the ability to spawn in someone's base is stupid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Smeef said:

Lets say someone has built a base in the ATC Tower at North West Airfield and locked all the doors and built walls all around it etc, Whats stopping me from going on another server and walking into same ATC and then log back on the old server and spawning in someone's base ????? Understanding you guys have loads of work so Im not trying to come across as rude or anything I just want to know if you guys have anything about this that will prevent this from happening and also the 90 seconds spawning in timer I already know about but what if they are offline and I just take all their loot and leave the server to then walk out the ATC and spawn back in basically teleportation in and out their base.

Yep..fully possible. 

That's the downside with this game.

You could clear a house and walk to the next one when suddenly your killed from behind because someone spawned in 10 seconds after you left that (cleared) house.

Greatness....

Sign in to follow this