Sign in to follow this  
nhow7108

Weather conspiracy

I think right before the devs went for their weekend off, they knew the game was pretty broken so they made it 24h of rain and fog to cover it up. The scopes are broken so long range would be a hassle, the texture pop in and invisible buildings are covered up, etc... Im onto you Bohemia Interactive.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

I think right before the devs went for their weekend off, they knew the game was pretty broken so they made it 24h of rain and fog to cover it up. The scopes are broken so long range would be a hassle, the texture pop in and invisible buildings are covered up, etc... Im onto you Bohemia Interactive.....

I like the way your mind works, but if your conspiracy theory were true my respect for BI would actually increase with admiration for such genius tactical trolling ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

if you want daytime go to high pop. It's bs I agree, there should be at least 50% day/night. Also Devs, if rain is bugged, turn it off FFS!

I am not sure that's the concept.  I feel the rain/night is pretty clearly intentional.  The fact that only a few high-pop servers had day/limited night made that clear when coupled with all the winky faces Nitro mentioned above.

I think they did this to force people to work on base building and vehicle finding in populated servers.  Too many people run off to low-pop to get gear and now base building items.  So they intentionally over-complicated it and I think that's perfect if that was the case.  It drives me nuts how many people sneak off to get stuff without risk, sort of ruins the game play.  Especially when those same people come back and just spawn hunt.

I can't wait until disease and temp impact is back (not just effects) so peoples biggest struggle would be the elements versus other players. 

3 hours ago, addicted2code said:

I am not sure that's the concept.  I feel the rain/night is pretty clearly intentional.  The fact that only a few high-pop servers had day/limited night made that clear when coupled with all the winky faces Nitro mentioned above.

I think they did this to force people to work on base building and vehicle finding in populated servers.  Too many people run off to low-pop to get gear and now base building items.  So they intentionally over-complicated it and I think that's perfect if that was the case.  It drives me nuts how many people sneak off to get stuff without risk, sort of ruins the game play.  Especially when those same people come back and just spawn hunt.

I can't wait until disease and temp impact is back (not just effects) so peoples biggest struggle would be the elements versus other players. 

this was easily solved if your progress was related to the server you played, if you change server, start from scratch. Ark is like that and it works cool.

14 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

Totally agree ;)

I believe they made 99% of servers pitch black and only a handful of day servers on purpose. My theory is that they wanted to force people to play on high pop servers if they wanted to loot and play properly. Instead of having a bunch of low to medium pops where people run freely with little to no fear of death. Force people to be play on “dangerous” high pop servers 

While the servers are pretty much all still pitch black, I suggest running to a mili base, switching to a low pop (5-10 players) and run around all the tents waiting for server hoppers. Most of them pull out a flashlight or glowstick to help them find loot, making them very visible, as they're not expecting anyone there. It's good fun killing them and you sometimes get a hilarious reaction. Had one guy literally scream, begging for his life, telling me how long it's taken him to get all of his loot. Also if you're feeling really ballsy, get a pair of handcuffs and while they're switching out clothing/backpacks or just standing still for a while try and restrain them. They don't ever hear you walk up as the rain is too loud so they would have no idea. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dopplerman said:

While the servers are pretty much all still pitch black, I suggest running to a mili base, switching to a low pop (5-10 players) and run around all the tents waiting for server hoppers. Most of them pull out a flashlight or glowstick to help them find loot, making them very visible, as they're not expecting anyone there. It's good fun killing them and you sometimes get a hilarious reaction. Had one guy literally scream, begging for his life, telling me how long it's taken him to get all of his loot. Also if you're feeling really ballsy, get a pair of handcuffs and while they're switching out clothing/backpacks or just standing still for a while try and restrain them. They don't ever hear you walk up as the rain is too loud so they would have no idea. 

Fantastic idea!

Cool, so their just huge d*cks then? I usually play in low pop just until I can get a bag some food and water and maybe a hunting rifle so that when I'm in high pop I dont have people geared to the teeth with triple suppressed weapons and 600 rounds shooting me because I spawned and I had a stick.....its just stupid, i get it i really do, but nothing sucks more than finally getting a good spawn and having some no life dude come across you, I saw a guy earlier across a huge field, fully geared and all I had was a hat and a water bottle, he saw me and I saw him, so I just out my controller down and walked away waiting to die, what else am I gonna do? Go hide in the woods until I die of thirst or starvation?

51 minutes ago, Sterlyng Roehrig said:

Cool, so their just huge d*cks then? I usually play in low pop just until I can get a bag some food and water and maybe a hunting rifle so that when I'm in high pop I dont have people geared to the teeth with triple suppressed weapons and 600 rounds shooting me because I spawned and I had a stick.....its just stupid, i get it i really do, but nothing sucks more than finally getting a good spawn and having some no life dude come across you, I saw a guy earlier across a huge field, fully geared and all I had was a hat and a water bottle, he saw me and I saw him, so I just out my controller down and walked away waiting to die, what else am I gonna do? Go hide in the woods until I die of thirst or starvation?

But it's a hardcore survival game, the whole point is that it's hard to survive. If you go to low pop servers to get geared even a little then go to high pop your missing the most tense skilled based part of the game.

And not everyone's a KOS player, I'm always tooled up but if I see a player with low tier weapons & there alone I'll always approach them and try and communicate. I've made friends with dozens of random people, if your just gonna go AFK as soon as any geared player appears then your never gonna improve or get better at reading how a situation will play out.

its widely accepted that server hopping is scummy behaviour and essentially cheating, why should anyone whose legitimately looted there way from the coast and got geared on a full server respect someone whose just taken The easy route.  I like that dayz can be played pretty much anyway people want, I even don't have a problem with people who KOS because there usually terrible at combat anyway due to usually having an Alice pack full to the brim with ammo and extra mags + multiple weapons so there easily out stamina'd and repositioned on.

it saddens me how many people I meet in game who already seem broken from dieing a few times to bandits on the coast so they become a KOS player or go hide in a low pop server only to go back to a high pop server to die because they look like a walking loot pile, I'd advise taking a risk. Build a high stamina character with a pistol or SMG and a few mags, dress in civilian clothing and try approaching people when you see them. Just be smart about it & do it from safety. Eventually you'll be able to tell who can and can't be trusted, just don't take it so personally. The people you meet in game aren't what those people Are like in real life, games are escapism from reality and the self. I genuinely hope you have some positive dayz experiences soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

But it's a hardcore survival game, the whole point is that it's hard to survive. If you go to low pop servers to get geared even a little then go to high pop your missing the most tense skilled based part of the game.

And not everyone's a KOS player, I'm always tooled up but if I see a player with low tier weapons & there alone I'll always approach them and try and communicate. I've made friends with dozens of random people, if your just gonna go AFK as soon as any geared player appears then your never gonna improve or get better at reading how a situation will play out.

its widely accepted that server hopping is scummy behaviour and essentially cheating, why should anyone whose legitimately looted there way from the coast and got geared on a full server respect someone whose just taken The easy route.  I like that dayz can be played pretty much anyway people want, I even don't have a problem with people who KOS because there usually terrible at combat anyway due to usually having an Alice pack full to the brim with ammo and extra mags + multiple weapons so there easily out stamina'd and repositioned on.

it saddens me how many people I meet in game who already seem broken from dieing a few times to bandits on the coast so they become a KOS player or go hide in a low pop server only to go back to a high pop server to die because they look like a walking loot pile, I'd advise taking a risk. Build a high stamina character with a pistol or SMG and a few mags, dress in civilian clothing and try approaching people when you see them. Just be smart about it & do it from safety. Eventually you'll be able to tell who can and can't be trusted, just don't take it so personally. The people you meet in game aren't what those people Are like in real life, games are escapism from reality and the self. I genuinely hope you have some positive dayz experiences soon.

Idk, I'm fully aware of the hardcore survival aspect and all that, plus technically if I go to a low pop and survive I'm still playing the hardcire survival, just because theres less people doesnt mean it's easier, if anything it's a whole lot less toxic, because yeah let's be honest, not everyone is a kos player, but 99.9% are

On 11/26/2018 at 11:42 AM, felipeskater said:

this was easily solved if your progress was related to the server you played, if you change server, start from scratch. Ark is like that and it works cool.

This actually makes so much sense... SO MUCH SENSE

• Like 2

I only play on one server US 3664170 and the population fluctuates. 

Sign in to follow this