DayzDayzFanboy

Range finder

I have a pristine rangefinder which I have fitted with a battery but can't seem to get it working. Is there something I need to press or is it faulty at the moment? 

10 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I have a pristine rangefinder which I have fitted with a battery but can't seem to get it working. Is there something I need to press or is it faulty at the moment? 

I believe it's broken like other devices that accept batteries. I haven't been able to get mine to work either.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

The range-finder works just fine.

Add batteries and hold RT to look through it.

Its pretty neat.

Damn must be me then, I can never get the battery to work for one of the sights for the M4 as well. Tested that too because my buddy gave me his and he had the red dot working fine, but no matter how many times I've tried I cannot. Makes me wonder if the glitch followes my character, no matter how many times I've had different characters, everytime i log on Dayz since the second or third last patch, i get a different random spawn on my main screen until I join a game then leave. Apon returning to the main screen I get my regular geared up character. 

Edited by xzDIABLOzx
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

The range-finder works just fine.

Add batteries and hold RT to look through it.

Its pretty neat.

Nope, not working at all. Pressed every button and nothing. Just started a new character to see if that helps though I can't see how it would. Hopefully get patched at some point. 

Doesn't work for me, shows no range when looking through it. The whole point of a range finder is that it bounces a laser of your target and gives you a digital read out of distance for zeroing your weapon sight. 

You can look through it but there not read out, so it ain't working. With or without battery.

• Like 2

I’ve gotten the sense that a lot of bugs are sporadic and inconsistent.  I’ve had things work for me that haven’t for others and vice versa.  

I can not seem to get the rangefinder to work either.

I notice above Jonas Levin says 'Add BATTERIES'   does it take more than 1 9v?  as that could be my issue!  haha.

41 minutes ago, Calcifur said:

I can not seem to get the rangefinder to work either.

I notice above Jonas Levin says 'Add BATTERIES'   does it take more than 1 9v?  as that could be my issue!  haha.

No, it takes only one battery. It doesn't work at the moment and I don't believe it's working for Jonas Levin until he posts a screen shot. 

Ah well, at least its not just me then.  Batteries seem to be a bit of a hit or miss at the moment anyway. 

2 hours ago, FartyMcFarter89 said:

Make sure you have server messages enabled in your settings.  

say again?

13 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, it takes only one battery. It doesn't work at the moment and I don't believe it's working for Jonas Levin until he posts a screen shot. 

You not believing me luckily does not affect me much.

I am just telling you that I have used it twice and that it worked perfectly for me, gave a 3-digit reading of the distance to what I was aiming at (up to about 450 meters where I stopped testing it any more).

If I happen to pass one by and got a battery on me I can take a screen-shot, but its not very high on my to-do list.

BTW: What would I get out of lying about the range-finder working for me??

• Beans 1

Make sure you have game messages enabled in the options menu. The ranges will be on the bottom left of the screen. It works just fine for me.

6 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

You not believing me luckily does not affect me much.

I am just telling you that I have used it twice and that it worked perfectly for me, gave a 3-digit reading of the distance to what I was aiming at (up to about 450 meters where I stopped testing it any more).

If I happen to pass one by and got a battery on me I can take a screen-shot, but its not very high on my to-do list.

BTW: What would I get out of lying about the range-finder working for me??

Lol it works fine for me too. I think they just dont have game messages enabled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nhow7108 said:

Lol it works fine for me too. I think they just dont have game messages enabled.

I have messages enabled, it isn't working. 

10 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I have messages enabled, it isn't working. 

I dont know what to say then. It works fine for me. It takes a sec for the range server message to pop up in the bottom left. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I've seen videos of it, just not appearing for me. I'll file a report for it. Haven't tried it on different servers yet to see if that makes a difference. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

I dont know what to say then. It works fine for me. It takes a sec for the range server message to pop up in the bottom left. 

Yeah, I got server messages enabled too.

Nice to finally get someone to back me up, this was getting way to stupid way to fast. :)

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, I've seen videos of it, just not appearing for me. I'll file a report for it. Haven't tried it on different servers yet to see if that makes a difference. 

I just tested it again and it works fine for me, I see the reading down in the left corner and it is accurate down to 1 meter.

I took a video and can upload it if it still got interest.

2 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

I just tested it again and it works fine for me, I see the reading down in the left corner and it is accurate down to 1 meter.

I took a video and can upload it if it still got interest.

Tried it again on a different server and it's working now. For some reason my server setting keep defaulting to no messages and I have to switch them back when I join the server. Not sure if that's normal or not. Apologies for doubting your word, my bad. 

• Beans 1