Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jizz

Persistence wipe?

Just wondering if anyone else experienced a wipe of their tents and stashes in the past 24 hours. I might have accepted it was the result of player activity while I was offline, but for the number of tents (4 car, 2 civilian), barrels, and buried stashes in very random secluded/spread-out places suggests a wipe.

Edited by Mr Jizz
  • Like 1

Wait, since when did the persistence for barrels was activated? I've stashed cooking pots, protective cases and waterproof bags, and still have all of them buried (make sure to check and manipulate them once every 2 days) but the barrels are not persistent for now. Just as the tents and other old persistent items. Base building is simply to try out and test, nothing stays for long right now.

I didn't think any of the build-able items were persistent at this point in the beta.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Wait, since when did the persistence for barrels was activated? I've stashed cooking pots, protective cases and waterproof bags, and still have all of them buried (make sure to check and manipulate them once every 2 days) but the barrels are not persistent for now. Just as the tents and other old persistent items. Base building is simply to try out and test, nothing stays for long right now.

I've assumed persistence is in-game since we were able to maintain 4 car tents and a dozen stashes over the course of a couple weeks.

Our three, fully stocked, and two barrels have also gone. Just as I decided I didn't like my character's face, killed myself and ran back...

Persistence needs to work please.

• Like 1

Little bit off topic, but is there some default persistence times? Like tents 45 days, barrels 7 days, backpacks 4 hours all other stuff laid on ground 30 minutes? What about vehicle parts? Is tehere some thread for persistence? Thank you.

4 hours ago, dawnmichal said:

Little bit off topic, but is there some default persistence times? Like tents 45 days, barrels 7 days, backpacks 4 hours all other stuff laid on ground 30 minutes? What about vehicle parts? Is tehere some thread for persistence? Thank you.

I've wondered the same thing, but I've reasoned it can't be that. Our very first tent was erected about 3 weeks ago, and our most recent car tent was added early last week - they all disappeared the same day (Sunday morning). This has all the signs of a "wipe", which I thought was a thing of the past. I'm concerned with putting much time into the game at this point since any effort could just be arbitrarily wiped.

• Beans 1