John Mccalum

server vps

Hi
I would like to move my server on a vps ovh, how should I proceed? because I want to keep the server as it is currently just moving it. thank you in advance

or setup a ftp server on one and ftp client on the other. side note zipping/raring, any compression really it with make the process alot faster even if it doesn't decrease size by much, simply cause not have to recreate directories..

however im not sure just copying everything from one place to another would do anything for you, from my understanding steam needs to be present and authenticated, as well that account needs to own dayz to launch the server.

in which case might aswell setup steam at that point and just copy mission/mod files over.

Edited by Zze

I can confirm the account logged into steam on my virtual server does NOT own DayZ. That is just needed for downloading the files to my understanding.

Edited by OldManRix
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, OldManRix said:

I can confirm the account logged into steam on my virtual server does NOT own DayZ. That is just needed for downloading the files to my understanding.

thats good to know :), thank you for sharing

Thank you for your answers how to update the server if there is no steam on the vps?