Survivor-Kyle

Six years later, I'm basically a new player again.

It's been a looooonnnngggg time since I played, but I just picked up the game (steam is taking it's sweet time with the download...) and I'm stoked to be back. 

Last time I was in Cherno, I was playing the mod and the stand alone was about to drop. I've checked in to see how things have progressed, from time to time, but I've not played any version of the stand alone. 

So where do I begin? Is there a good controls run down? Anything that I need to know before I run back in and see how badly I get killed by zombies that can now run indoors and may phase through doors?

I'm looking forward to getting fuckall accomplished this weekend as I work my way back through the game.

just enjoy and discover everything for yourself. don't use the map, there have been changes, discover them yourself :)

just one thing, find food and water as soon as you spawn or you won't make it far.

You can get fruit off of trees and thats very helpful when you first start. Also you can drink or sip water straight from a water source or pond without the need of a bottle. Cut clothing with a knife to make rags for bandages and other things. 

22 hours ago, Survivor-Kyle said:

So where do I begin?

When you don't know where to start, always start at the beginning.

• Beans 2

Best way is to find someone who can join you on a server and walk you through the basics.

You will be less discouraged if you have an initial feel for how to survive the first few hours in-game.

And...of course...you will either die or be killed quite a few times...so don't sweat it...We all have left our fair share of corpses in Chenarus!

Cheers!