RaptorM60

Basebuilding & Vehicles Update

Update has caused alot of issues unfortunately especially with rendering and crashing but hey xbox players wanted an update and you got it. Hopefully this will get resolved in the next few days with some more stability for players. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FearThePitBull said:

Update has caused alot of issues unfortunately especially with rendering and crashing but hey xbox players wanted an update and you got it. Hopefully this will get resolved in the next few days with some more stability for players. 

I would of happily waited another month or two for the update, it could've ran how patch #8 was with all the new content and would have been alot more stable.

• Like 1

can anyone attest to the hit registration being resolved? I'm currently working and can't try it out but I know in the past I've shot Someone multiple times point blank in the head and they told me they took no damage at all

Thank you for all the reports, so from I understand, the main issues now are:

• bad performance in towns
  • issues with rendering
  • the new shotgun crashing the game
  • inventory crashing the game
  • continued inability to reload the Mosin (and the new shotgun as well)
  • missing controls for shoulder change and hold breath
  • misplaced textures

We'll take a look at them right when the dev team is back in the office on Monday and see what we can do. For performance issues, please try to specify which console you're playing on, and in which town you're experiencing the performance issues.

As for base building persistence and wipes: bases are still pretty easily dismantled, and they also show some persistance issue, so the feature is not fully polished yet and it is always a bit risky building the bases now. Ideally, for the duration of the game preview, please do not get too attached to your gear and bases. I know it's not ideal, but we're still a game in development, and you should expect a full wipe with most updates. 

Thank you once again. Please enjoy the update as much as possible over the weekend, we'll be back on Monday ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

6 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

• issues with rendering
  • misplaced textures

We'll take a look at them right when the dev team is back in the office on Monday and see what we can do. For performance issues, please try to specify which console you're playing on, and in which town you're experiencing the performance issues.

As for base building persistence and wipes: bases are still pretty easily dismantled, and they also show some persistance issue, so the feature is not fully polished yet and it is always a bit risky building the bases now. Ideally, for the duration of the game preview, please do not get too attached to your gear and bases. I know it's not ideal, but we're still a game in development, and you should expect a full wipe with most updates. 

Thank you once again. Please enjoy the update as much as possible over the weekend, we'll be back on Monday ;)

Hey Man, Understand the emmense ammount of work you've put into building the game update. I'm wondering have vehicles been fully implemented / where can we find them if they have ?

5 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

• issues with rendering
  • misplaced textures

Also I've been unable to unjam jammed weapons. Had a pistol jam on me earlier and I'm aware that on PC there's functionality to remove the jammer round. I've tried everything I could think of to no avail but I'm probably missing something. Also the head torches beam is reversed and shine backwards through the player models head but this may be a known bug already from PC I'm unaware of. All in all I'm actually surprised how stable it is with the large amount of items and mechanics added back in, kudos to the dev team.

1 hour ago, RaptorM60 said:

• issues with rendering
  • misplaced textures

Thank you very much.

Regarding the specifications:

- So far, i only felt the performance issues on the town of elektro.

- The remdering and texture pop in issues are happening all over the game

- I play on the original Xbox One, BUT, this issue is happening across all 3 consoles based on the reports.

In my opinion the rendering and performance issues are the top priority for now.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, RaptorM60 said:

So if i put up a tent on a server, how long will it stay there? Monthly server wipes? Yearly?

Some bugs / issues I encountered... No particular order

Inventory. Cursor disappears and I can't scroll down past the second container.

Sound is all over the place sometimes. Or none at all.

Inventory. Holding Y to drop from equipment sends to available inventory.

Cancel emote with Y no longer works. Or any button. I honestly don't know how I got it to stop.

Pulling in to wally world. Bbl

Damaged items appearing worn.

Omg the stability.

Edited by Man Parts 241

1 hour ago, Browski said:

Every server dark and raining atm? or am i just being unlucky? 

I have tried 15 different servers to find one with daylight, and they were _all_ dark and raining...

Moving items from containers can only be done if cycled up thru the column. Trying to cycle down does not work.

There's quite a few inventory bugs. Gona keep posting as I find. I'll compile a list after about 20-30 hours.

• Like 1

I found the Head Torch but don't see it in the items listed above. I can add a battery and turn it on in my hands but when I equip it, the torch shuts off. Is there a certain way to turn on the head Torch while it's equipped? Or is this just a bug?

(Edit) It's just a bug, I found out I can look up and see the light, just barely shining, like 2 feet above my head. Interesting...

Edited by Gabe Curtis

1 hour ago, Jonas Levin said:

I have tried 15 different servers to find one with daylight, and they were _all_ dark and raining...

It seems like indeed all servers are currently nighttime, and rainy - definitely a bug as we’ve changed the configuration of the weather parameters for this release to be quite variable and to change quickly. Sorry about that.

Hopefully when the servers get through an automatic restart, it helps, otherwise we would have to manually restart them on Monday and until then, it’s basically hardcore mode - rain and nighttime combined are a challenge and if you survive in these conditions, you’ll be able to survive anything really :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

It seems like indeed all servers are currently nighttime, and rainy - definitely a bug as we’ve changed the configuration of the weather parameters for this release to be quite variable and to change quickly. Sorry about that.

Hopefully when the servers get through an automatic restart, it helps, otherwise we would have to manually restart them on Monday and until then, it’s basically hardcore mode - rain and nighttime combined are a challenge and if you survive in these conditions, you’ll be able to survive anything really :D

Why would you guys even release this update when there is So many issues? Like do you guys not test it before you release it? It feels like you guys are just throwing everything together without actually testing it out. Don’t listen to the complaining from the community. I would have much rather the update never happened until these issues were complete. Issues Ive had - No town will render for me. If you enter a house it will glitch and you can see through everything. Majority of sounds aren’t working and when they do it takes time to catch up. Game keeps crashing constantly. Inventory is glitchy and causing crashes. 

This game was more playable at launch, the frames are non existent I can’t even walk without losing them the sound is so off that it sounds like someone it cashing me. Loot takes a while to load and everything kinda looks worse. Like everything keeps loading in and then unloading, I played it for a solid 20 minutes and had to stop, hopefully they can fix this cause it’s unplayable.

• Like 1

The perfect shroud for all the glitches over the weekend. Got to hand to you guys, you've kept everyone happy- Those who wanted a quick release no matter how broken and those who were happy to wait till next week for something that works. can't argue.

What the hell is with the well removals? If you guys are gonna do some dumb shit like that you need to give us full water off the start so we have a chance to get going.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DreadGrunt said:

What the hell is with the well removals? If you guys are gonna do some dumb shit like that you need to give us full water off the start so we have a chance to get going.

I still find wells easily, idk what people are complaining about. I’ve seen 1 in novy and multiple in elektro

"changed the weather setup to feature less rain ;)"

excuse.jpg

(A bit of context for this if you don't get it, it's been raining since the update has come out on all servers)

Edited by Freshspawn Friendly.

10 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

• issues with rendering
  • misplaced textures

Well I am running on the Xbox one S, but many players who I game with who run this on the xbox one x have the same issues. The frames dropping are especially bad once you enter Elektro, the audio begins to cut in and out and appears delayed. Open a door and 2-3 seconds later you hear the audio. Performance only seems to improve once you get outside of Elektro. There's also a lag when dealing with inventory sometimes you will have to click twice for items to go to your hands, and then there's a issue where the game will freeze up for a good 10-20 seconds and then everything resumes.

Edited by FearThePitBull

Ok I love this update but the shotgun can't load a another shotgun bullet and the zombies teleport and the big towns can't load in and lag me out and the rain will not stop even when the sever resets but the base building is awesome nice job and keep it up and I hope you can fix this