tandwan

What... the actual... %*#$

Please describe the problem in further detail if you want to troubleshoot something. A video of a thrashing wheel on an otherwise normal appearing car isn't enough.

Is that single player server ? I thought the persistance of gates and base is not working at the moment.

Edited by BAHADIR

34 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

Is that single player server ? I thought the persistance of gates and base is not working at the moment.

It's not, we're having to roll the server back to when it was working every single time in order for the stuff to stay. Don't know how much longer we can keep this up.

2 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Please describe the problem in further detail if you want to troubleshoot something. A video of a thrashing wheel on an otherwise normal appearing car isn't enough.

..... ok. We restarted the server, walked up to the vehicle and it was doing this. This is on a fragnet.com server. No mods, pure game. Current patch. Um... cloudy outside, low of 53. I just had a fairly large thanksgiving dinner, so my stomach is slightly full. Anything else I should add here? I mean this isn't the bug report area, I wasn't aware you had to give a full bug report here... not even sure why we have this redundant forum when we have a Bug Report area, and the Issue tracker. This is like putting white paint on snow.

Edited by tandwan
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, tandwan said:

It's not, we're having to roll the server back to when it was working every single time in order for the stuff to stay. Don't know how much longer we can keep this up.

..... ok. We restarted the server, walked up to the vehicle and it was doing this. This is on a fragnet.com server. No mods, pure game. Current patch. Um... cloudy outside, low of 53. I just had a fairly large thanksgiving dinner, so my stomach is slightly full. Anything else I should add here? I mean this isn't the bug report area, I wasn't aware you had to give a full bug report here... not even sure why we have this redundant forum when we have a Bug Report area, and the Issue tracker. This is like putting white paint on snow.

You posted in "Troubleshooting," so it seemed like there was a problem with your game that you wanted to solve. Your description still doesn't describe what the problem actually is. Can you not get in the car? Does it not turn on or respond to controls? When you say "Don't know how much longer we can keep this up" it sounds like this happens regularly and affects multiple people. In that case you should file a proper bug report on the Feedback Tracker -- that's how you make sure the devs have a record of it.

But if this was meant to be just a "lol look at this," you should post that in the Gallery section instead in the future. I'm gonna move this over there since that's what this is starting to look like, but correct me if I'm wrong and I'll move this back.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Nevermind, I reported this, hopefully it gets resolved. Delete this post if you would.

Edited by tandwan

7 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

You posted in "Troubleshooting," so it seemed like there was a problem with your game that you wanted to solve. Your description still doesn't describe what the problem actually is. Can you not get in the car? Does it not turn on or respond to controls? When you say "Don't know how much longer we can keep this up" it sounds like this happens regularly and affects multiple people. In that case you should file a proper bug report on the Feedback Tracker -- that's how you make sure the devs have a record of it.

But if this was meant to be just a "lol look at this," you should post that in the Gallery section instead in the future. I'm gonna move this over there since that's what this is starting to look like, but correct me if I'm wrong and I'll move this back.

I'm not sure if you're being obtuse, or trolling. I hope it's trolling. I am honestly not sure what you're wanting me to say here, we posted a video... a VIDEO of the issue and you decided to be clueless about it? I mean, the issue is... the steering wheel turns, on its own without anyone in the car and the wheels aren't moving to show this has any affect.. so... I mean I don't know. You can get almost all the information you need to deduce the problem simply from the video, but I can break this down for you:

1. The cars not running, no sound of an engine, so it's apparently not running.
2. The steering wheel is glitched and moving on its own. This is shown fairly clearly because there's not a person seated in the drivers seat.

3. The turning steering wheel isn't having any affect on the car tires at all.

Now, since you have moved this OUT of the troubleshooting area (which I am absolutely baffled why you did that, by the way) and put it in the LOL LOOK AT THIS area, I don't think the issue will ever get "Troubleshot" or even so much as resolved. For future reference, it's probably a good idea to ASK if it's meant to be humor instead of just taking an arbitrary stance on something. I mean, that's probably a good idea. Right? Right?? Right. Put it back in troubleshooting and try to stop posting in this unless you have anything constructive to add to the general rotation of the earth around the sun. Thank you, Happy Holidays.

PS: I never said this happened before. I'm not sure if you were having a bad day or what, but I pretty much explained that it was persistence we were talking about having to reset the server for, not the car tire.

Moving it back then, but I don't think there's a way for me to explain my sincere intentions without it coming off as possibly condescending, so I will just say sorry and leave it at that. Hopefully someone else has more useful advice for you. :)

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Beans 1