Sign in to follow this  
NachoNinjaGnome

Mosins are too "tall"

I'm not quite sure why it was decided to make the Mosin six slots tall.  I understand the desire to make it take up more space than every other gun, at least that I have seen, but in real life it would not be that much wider than any other long gun, probably less even, considering the lack of a vertical grip and external magazine.  In my opinion, it would be better off if it were three slots tall like everything else and maximum width.  Hell, I'd be even more satisfied if it were one slot wider and unable to fit in any backpack, though we would need tents one slot wider to make up for it.  We could even get more complex and get some backpack models with Mosins sticking out for when it is placed in a backpack.  Anyway, just my two cents on the matter.  Just doesn't make sense that the Mosin would be twice as wide as every other long gun.

• Thanks 1

Who knows if they consider any of these sizes properly balanced. I seriously doubt it. I don't think I should be able to put an MP-133 in a Taloon backpack.

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

I'm not quite sure why it was decided to make the Mosin six slots tall.  I understand the desire to make it take up more space than every other gun, at least that I have seen, but in real life it would not be that much wider than any other long gun, probably less even, considering the lack of a vertical grip and external magazine.  In my opinion, it would be better off if it were three slots tall like everything else and maximum width.  Hell, I'd be even more satisfied if it were one slot wider and unable to fit in any backpack, though we would need tents one slot wider to make up for it.  We could even get more complex and get some backpack models with Mosins sticking out for when it is placed in a backpack.  Anyway, just my two cents on the matter.  Just doesn't make sense that the Mosin would be twice as wide as every other long gun.

Just saw it off then it will fit better in the backpack.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Just saw it off then it will fit better in the backpack.

Barely.  Sawing it off only knocks off one row and one column.  Still takes up more slots than any other long gun when it's sawed off.

• Haha 1

i have never saw a backpack in real life that you can put a mosin 91/30 totally inside of.

but if you saw it off like in game then it will fit inside most of them.

but in real life if you saw it off too short then the law would get you.

• Haha 2

I hope they take a look at all inventory sizes again

Besides the mountain Backpack, there should be no backpack where an M4, AKM, or Mosin should fit in to, pretty much every gun bigger than an SMG should be too long to fit inside other backpacks than the Mountain Backpack

• Beans 1

I mean realistically, you can disassemble some rifles and pack them in. With the folding buttstock and when removing the mag, you can fit that AKM rifle in the backpack the size of the hunting backpack I reckon. Remember the disassemble feature on the Trumpet rifle? That was great to have, but too bad it was a pretty weak weapon.

On 4.12.2018 at 5:11 AM, cirkular said:

I mean realistically, you can disassemble some rifles and pack them in. With the folding buttstock and when removing the mag, you can fit that AKM rifle in the backpack the size of the hunting backpack I reckon. Remember the disassemble feature on the Trumpet rifle? That was great to have, but too bad it was a pretty weak weapon.

as long as people can't pull the weapons out of their backpack like it's assembled inside of it, sure, a gun assemble/disassemble feature would be nice, and with the new "hold to act" style of using stuff, assembling a weapon could take up to 30 seconds

this would make it viable to store guns in buried backpacks, i'd like it

for very modifyable guns like the M4 and AKM, UMP, this would make sense

Edited by ZomboWTF