Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jizz

Smoking LADA

Pretty sure I've completely topped off the radiator - still smokes. Any thoughts?

Give it a pamphlet illustrating the dangers and health risks of smoking, and suggest a 5 step program towards becoming smoke free.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, DeatHTaX said:

Give it a pamphlet illustrating the dangers and health risks of smoking, and suggest a 5 step program towards becoming smoke free.

I'm hitting "like" on this

• Haha 1

Did you put four jugs of oil into the engine?  Ever try to drive a car IRL without oil?  Spoiler alert: it gets hot.

How did you put the water in there?

4 hours ago, Parazight said:

Did you put four jugs of oil into the engine?  Ever try to drive a car IRL without oil?  Spoiler alert: it gets hot.

If you put only half a jug in there it doesn't smoke.

Edited by IMT

4 hours ago, IMT said:

How did you put the water in there?

If you put only half a jug in there it doesn't smoke.

Put your dot on the radiator cap.  It's small, but it's there.  Takes about 6 full canteens of water to top it off.  I recommend bringing a jerry can full of water, though.  Thankfully we don't have to bleed out the air.

I wanted to see how many oil jugs it would take before it wouldn't take any more.  It was just a drop or two from 4 full jugs.  The car was in a spawn location, so I assumed it was fresh.  For science!

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Put your dot on the radiator cap.  It's small, but it's there.  Takes about 6 full canteens of water to top it off.  I recommend bringing a jerry can full of water, though.  Thankfully we don't have to bleed out the air.

I wanted to see how many oil jugs it would take before it wouldn't take any more.  It was just a drop or two from 4 full jugs.  The car was in a spawn location, so I assumed it was fresh.  For science!

I know how to fill up the radiator but wanted to know if OP did it correctly. It took me a while to actually figure it out. I tried to do it outside the car first, it gives you an option but is bugged. After a while, I figured out that you need to fill it by putting it in the car first. OP might have stumbled on the same issue I had and thought he actually filled it.

And it does indeed take almost 4 full oil jugs, given that my vehicle was fresh as well. But we both needed almost 4 full jugs and we both think it was fresh so that almost confirms that you need 4 jugs. However, it drove just fine with half a jug, it didn't give any problems for us.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Actually, to clarify my previous statement, you aim for the coolant overflow reservoir, iirc.  Strange to me, I've always put coolant in the reservoir to start IRL, then slowly filled the radiator while a warm engine idles.