eugenharton

Addressing the most pressing issues #2

On 11/23/2018 at 7:28 AM, -Gews- said:

9 kJ = 6638 foot pounds

I get only 0.84 kJ at 800 m for M118 173 gr @ 2600 ft/s. But I use M80-type for DayZ, that's 0.50 kJ @ 800 m which matches 7.62x54R LPS which also has 0.50 kJ @ 800 m.

oops, yes .. er..  0.9 kJ ..(- dumb kybd slip - and not a close estimate anyway, even corrected) sorry!  I'm senile,  my bad.  sloppy.  I go to the back of the class.

OK,  I see :   " U.S. Army Ballistic Research Laboratory, NATO, M80 7.62×51, 147 grain" - I should have looked up the tables before I opened my mouth

{ shamed }

< but the "Kepler" sway algorithm problem was worked out in detain over time - not top of my head while driving, to understand what was deeply wrong with it > 
see :

- thanx Gews   (again).

(would be nice to get ONE word from a programmer to say they UNDERSTAND what I'm talking about, even if they have NO intention to correct this simple error causing a total realism gap - in all/any of BIs mil sims) - ya know ?

Edited by pilgrim*
~

since new update (today) unable to load magazines, Or put mags into weapons without using hotbar. gun sounds still not working at all...Every day I play, everyday no gun sounds, I have over 30 hours of Video of me playing this game, Every time I fire a weapon...There is no sound heard by me. My friend can hear my shots. and I can hear his. But not my own, he cannot hear his either so it is not on my end, Crashes happening more frequently...I know that's not supposed to be mentioned here crashes but....The gun sounds and the not being able to load magazines OR put them into The WEAPON kind of makes this unplayable at the moment for me, Cannot have fire fight or even just shoot zombies if u cannot reload your weapon or even put bullets into a magazine. and this gun sound thing happens with every weapon I use...Ak/m4/mosin/mp5 doesn't matter pistols shotguns rifles No sound at all when I fire one.. Ever I even posted a video A few posts up From here but i Just made this special, just for you! this is from the past few days of playing, Every single time since 2 updates back from now i have not had weapon sound when firing.

i play this game DAILY.....it is the only game that i play....it is not isolated....its ALL THE TIME.. Thanks for listening and i am just providing feedback with these issues. Have a good day!

Please just have a look at the video!

Server is Vanilla without mods, is a privately dedicated root server.

You are able to walk through barricades, no trigger to destroy if is owned by someone else. Sometimes after restarting the server, all loot and items are gone, only collected cars will remain.

German ,

Server ist Vanilla ohne Mods , ist ein privat Dedicated Root Server.

Du kannst durch Barrikaden gehen, kein Auslöser , um zu zerstören, wenn es jemand anderem gehört. Manchmal sind nach dem Neustart des Servers alle Beute und Gegenstände verschwunden, es bleiben nur noch gesammelte Autos übrig.

Dayz version . 0.63.149525

Edited by AIG.Tartar

1 more thing , please fix head torch . It light up in hand but if u put it in your head it does not work anymore ...

On 23/11/2018 at 1:53 PM, AIG.Tartar said:

Please just have a look at the video!

Server is Vanilla without mods, is a privately dedicated root server.

You are able to walk through barricades, no trigger to destroy if is owned by someone else. Sometimes after restarting the server, all loot and items are gone, only collected cars will remain.

German ,

Server ist Vanilla ohne Mods , ist ein privat Dedicated Root Server.

Du kannst durch Barrikaden gehen, kein Auslöser , um zu zerstören, wenn es jemand anderem gehört. Manchmal sind nach dem Neustart des Servers alle Beute und Gegenstände verschwunden, es bleiben nur noch gesammelte Autos übrig.

Dayz version . 0.63.149525

This is a known issue for every base that were built prior to the recent patch. It was already stated. When the servers are wiped, players will be able to build bases with "solid" walls that won't let you go through.

So, I've read the posts so far in this thread, and the recurring theme seems to be "no gun sounds". 

Guys, post your finding for bugs on the bug tracker, and please, stop whining about a KNOWN issue that is being worked on. 

I play DayZ everyday, and this is really not an issue for me.

When you fire your weapon, just think that every time you shoot it, you make the gun sound. Voilà.

Cause let's face it, if it was "no gun sounds" it would be an issue, but it's just for the player shooting, so other players can still hear your shots.

Anyway, it's going to be fixed and players will stop whining about it, just to whine about another issue.

I remember when they added blur with zooming and ADS for the gun you have in your hands. Players went insane and asked for it being removed. It was tweaked, and now no one even mention it.... 

It'll pass, just like everything else.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 3

On 26/11/2018 at 8:19 PM, odin_lowe said:

So, I've read the posts so far in this thread, and the recurring theme seems to be "no gun sounds". 

Guys, post your finding for bugs on the bug tracker, and please, stop whining about a KNOWN issue that is being worked on. 

I play DayZ everyday, and this is really not an issue for me.

When you fire your weapon, just think that every time you shoot it, you make the gun sound. Voilà.

Cause let's face it, if it was "no gun sounds" it would be an issue, but it's just for the player shooting, so other players can still hear your shots.

Anyway, it's going to be fixed and players will stop whining about it, just to whine about another issue.

I remember when they added blur with zooming and ADS for the gun you have in your hands. Players went insane and asked for it being removed. It was tweaked, and now no one even mention it.... 

It'll pass, just like everything else.

Sorry Odin, but I disagree with you here. The start of this thread the lead developer plays the bug down saying it's mostly shotguns, it's being "talked down" as an issue. It's not just the shotgun, its every gun 80% of the time for me, and it's made the game borderline unplayable for me personally and I've played through every bug and got on with it through the entire time DayZ SA has been going. It's a big deal to me personally man.

To say stop whining and make the gunshots in your head is a bit silly mate. The game is being released in a few weeks and you are advocating making the sounds up in our head for something that any sane person should be worried about so close to the FULL RELEASE of this game we love.

Edited by therunningmanz
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, therunningmanz said:

Sorry Odin, but I disagree with you here. The start of this thread the lead developer plays the bug down saying it's mostly shotguns, it's being "talked down" as an issue. It's not just the shotgun, its every gun 80% of the time for me, and it's made the game borderline unplayable for me personally and I've played through every bug and got on with it through the entire time DayZ SA has been going. It's a big deal to me personally man.

To say stop whining and make the gunshots in your head is a bit silly mate. The game is being released in a few weeks and you are advocating making the sounds up in our head for something that any sane person should be worried about so close to the FULL RELEASE of this game we love.

Sorry Paul. But I disagree with you here. I play everyday on various servers like DayZ Underground, DayZ Colony, and have fun with PVP on the "Trump's Wall" 110 players servers. There was a bug a while ago that made gunshot sounds inaudible, every shots, not just the ones you fired, and that for me was an issue. But as long as I can hear shots from other players, I don't mind, at all.

Like you said mate, "It's a big deal to me personally man." It's ok, I understand this. But overall it's not a big issue, it's not game breaking in any way. If it was a game breaking bug, I would not be able to play 3-4 hours a day. Even if a million players are frustrated by this, it doesn't change that it's not a game breaking bug. 

I've been participating in the Experimental branch since it was first introduced, and played DayZ mod before the stand alone came out. I love DayZ. But I have to admit that it's been like this for EVERY single bug, glitch, problem, etc. It's just how humans are.

The game is being released in a few weeks, and this doesn't change anything. It's still going to be DayZ. We're currently in the beta stage, the stage where the fix most of the bugs. Since some mechanics are still being implemented, bugs are still being created and/or discovered. That's just the way it is. 

When this bug is fixed (Experimental update 0.63.149597 Nov. 28th. Fixed: Gunshots not being heard properly) it will all be a thing of the past.

5 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Sorry Paul. But I disagree with you here. I play everyday on various servers like DayZ Underground, DayZ Colony, and have fun with PVP on the "Trump's Wall" 110 players servers. There was a bug a while ago that made gunshot sounds inaudible, every shots, not just the ones you fired, and that for me was an issue. But as long as I can hear shots from other players, I don't mind, at all.

Like you said mate, "It's a big deal to me personally man." It's ok, I understand this. But overall it's not a big issue, it's not game breaking in any way. If it was a game breaking bug, I would not be able to play 3-4 hours a day. Even if a million players are frustrated by this, it doesn't change that it's not a game breaking bug. 

I've been participating in the Experimental branch since it was first introduced, and played DayZ mod before the stand alone came out. I love DayZ. But I have to admit that it's been like this for EVERY single bug, glitch, problem, etc. It's just how humans are.

The game is being released in a few weeks, and this doesn't change anything. It's still going to be DayZ. We're currently in the beta stage, the stage where the fix most of the bugs. Since some mechanics are still being implemented, bugs are still being created and/or discovered. That's just the way it is. 

When this bug is fixed (Experimental update 0.63.149597 Nov. 28th. Fixed: Gunshots not being heard properly) it will all be a thing of the past.

I usually play every day, of course I do too. You don't need to agree with me. But saying everyone that disagrees with you is whining is not on was my point mate. Im not whining, it WAS game breaking for me, I went an entire week without streaming the game for the first time in a long time because of it. My point was that people that don't think the same as you aren't all wrong, or all whining and just cos you disagree I don't think portraying your opinion as you did was necessarily fair is all. Especially when the post from Eugen seemed to play the bug down as not that important and revolving around one gun, which wasn't what people were experiencing, no wonder people wanted to talk about it...

All good anyway. ;)

The new patch today seems to be much improved, I'm looking forward to playing it a lot more!

Edited by therunningmanz

It's all good Paul. If you were not whining, and was simply stating your opinion, then it's all good. From your perspective, it was game breaking.

From my perspective, it wasn't. It just felt like most bugs of the past, and nothing constructive was being said yet again, as the devs knew about the bug and were actively working on it. 

As of when I noticed and was annoyed by a lot of post simply stating the obvious : "bug A is really annoying, fix your game, bla bla bla " it was already being addressed, and when you replied, the patch was already out.

I went in and tested a few weapons and so far, I didn't experience any issues.

We are weeks away from the "release" and issues are being worked on. My point was that it was simply a temporary issue, and I was noticing a lot of panic and anger, largely unjustified for a simple bug that already is gone.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:12 PM, odin_lowe said:

This is a known issue for every base that were built prior to the recent patch. It was already stated. When the servers are wiped, players will be able to build bases with "solid" walls that won't let you go through.

Sorry mate, but you're wrong.

We have a private server too, without mods. We've been building a base for days until one day everything started to ghost.

According to other people's tips in here, saying that it's related to the last update  - we wiped the server and started all over again, and it was fine for 2 days.

Yesterday the bug occurred again and nothing is usable: we can't climb towers, we can't build/dismantle/destroy, and can't interact with anything that was built already.

We are experiencing many of the known bugs and we are patient, but if you're into testing out base building features -  this bug is a killer.

Edited by Tarkules

9 hours ago, Tarkules said:

Sorry mate, but you're wrong.

We have a private server too, without mods. We've been building a base for days until one day everything started to ghost.

According to other people's tips in here, saying that it's related to the last update  - we wiped the server and started all over again, and it was fine for 2 days.

Yesterday the bug occurred again and nothing is usable: we can't climb towers, we can't build/dismantle/destroy, and can't interact with anything that was built already.

We are experiencing many of the known bugs and we are patient, but if you're into testing out base building features -  this bug is a killer.

Fixed: Able to walk through base building elements after a restart

GUN SOUNDS MISSING

However, internally, this has only happened a couple times during our daily tests.

This sounds amazing as this happens to me almost all the time, on experimental and on stable

Any news to this?

Most, if not all the open points from november the 20th. (first post on this topic) are still a thing.

Not sure of this has been posted, but being able to traverse vertically with setting a series of fireplaces and garden plot bugs where you place a garden plot next to a tree or etc lets you adjust the y plane on the plot. This allows players to break into bases with ease. Major game-breaking bug.

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Not sure of this has been posted, but being able to traverse vertically with setting a series of fireplaces and garden plot bugs where you place a garden plot next to a tree or etc lets you adjust the y plane on the plot. This allows players to break into bases with ease. Major game-breaking bug.

Yeah pretty sure you can stack boards / planks / tires all in a similar fashion... I didn't know about the garden one. 

Since humans began to build walls against enemies, he had to realize that there is no wall that is safe. Not even Alcatraz was safe enough to be safe, a jail on an island, and we believe we can redefine Fort Knox with a few simple boards.

The only thing to complain about: the time / effort it takes to destroy something, in contrast to the construction. A good approach here would really be that bases are tied to the PlayerID, and only the owners can benefit from easy demolition / yield.

The assumption is close, however, that will come quite a bit in terms of basebuilding, as it rather represents a "fast feature that still needs to 1.0".

Add: I'm surprised why here in the forum nothing is said about the fact that the Exp.-Server go offline ... (not why, only the information about it).

Edited by Sqeezorz

3 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Since humans began to build walls against enemies, he had to realize that there is no wall that is safe. Not even Alcatraz was safe enough to be safe, a jail on an island, and we believe we can redefine Fort Knox with a few simple boards.

The only thing to complain about: the time / effort it takes to destroy something, in contrast to the construction. A good approach here would really be that bases are tied to the PlayerID, and only the owners can benefit from easy demolition / yield.

The assumption is close, however, that will come quite a bit in terms of basebuilding, as it rather represents a "fast feature that still needs to 1.0".

Add: I'm surprised why here in the forum nothing is said about the fact that the Exp.-Server go offline ... (not why, only the information about it).

Experimental conversation has been locked since February... not sure anyone was even paying attention.