Sign in to follow this  
hemmo

Why promises bite you in the ass

I had a few dayz off this week so i decided to play some dayZ:

Saterday: I gatherd some barrels, went looting for a few hours and decided to build a base. Whoops: gone on a persistant server the next day. (Yes the server was persistant)

Sunday: When i discovered the barrels were gone. I went to zeleno, killed a guy with only a makarov and grabbed his M4. Whoops: M4 bugged and i died terribly.

Today: i took 2 hours to go to tisys, to only get pushed stuck into a tent by a zombie and to die horrible chanceless.

Score: 16 hours of Dayz: very sore taste in the mouth.

I never rant, but what was this beta annoucement all about?

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, hemmo said:

i decided to play some dayZ

K3fwOlp.png

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

quote  "what was this beta annoucement all about? "

it's the start of the new dayz stand alone.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
add quote

No one denies the game is a buggy mess right now, but have patience :)

4 hours ago, BAHADIR said:

No one denies the game is a buggy mess right now, but have patience :)

"But have patience" One of the most used lines from DayZ defenders.
People have waited 6 years, if there is any game people have the right to lose patience over its DayZ. It is kinda amazing how slow the progress of DayZ has been going over the years. Especially concidering they sold several million copies.
Talk about wasted oppertunity.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

So, which promises are biting who in the ass?  I don't get it.  

• Beans 1

The game is in a very rough state indeed ... it’s taken a few steps forward in one area , but a few steps back in others .

Persistence is working but barely , and much worse than it did on the previous engine . Basebuilding looks good , but no wAy to tell as persistence wipes so often or glitches and force disappears / wipes .

Vehicles are more rare than they’ve ever been since they were implemented years ago , the driving is still less than realistic but getting there - although I remember a status report last year or the year before that talking about shooting from vehicles when the new engine comes ; I would love to see that ASAP ...  

Weapon roster is lower than before , and many weapons have been in development hell for years (rpg , cricket launcher , RPK , m249 , bizon 88) that I’ve been dying to see ... One would think the devs would just throw these already modeled and finished guns into this build to make it feel less ..”shallow” for lack of a better term (in terms of guns). 

Overall we are making progress but I really wish they wouldn’t force the 1.0 by end of December , because at this point we all know it won’t happen with good quality if the devs continue this pace until then . I would say 1.0 by March / April to be safe — but honestly it seems they have all the pieces in place, I’m not a dev but it seems like they should just be able to finish the puzzle and add it all in no time , but I don’t know ....

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes