Sign in to follow this  
robotstar

Persistency is screwing everything up for everyone.

This is just nuts. How long until persistency is finally sorted? We're STILL getting items despawning. Tents, buried stashes, barrels. How long do we have to wait until this is finally fixed? This needs to be seen as a priority surely??

I'm sure it's a priority issue for them, but it's not always as easy to fix a bug as you think. That said, as long as this bug is present, I don't see any point in trying to get a camp going. Hopefully they have it sorted soon because I still haven't been able to mess around with the base building mechanics since it came out.

We lost a complete base, 21 fences, 3 military tents, 2 normal tents with its content, but the 2 cars and our chars are untouched.

But good to see, that we arent alone.

1 hour ago, w0nd4bra said:

We lost a complete base, 21 fences, 3 military tents, 2 normal tents with its content, but the 2 cars and our chars are untouched.

But good to see, that we arent alone.

The cars are saved in a separated file than the bases, and when any corruption is found in a persistence file the server wipes it that's where the problems come in 

So what cause the corruption? In another thread a guy state, that it has something to do with the rain, that corrupt the file.

I can't even get my character to persist between sessions... Any time I open the main menu, there's a different character standing there. Even if I die in-game, and respawn without reconnecting, I get a random character look.

Edited by daniel0056

Where exactly are the Basebuilding structures saved? I figure they must be in the folder Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_1\data

There are a buch of bin files in it.

5JfeTT9.png

For me there may be more of those dynamic bin becasue i set this parameter in the ServerDZ.cfg:

lootHistory = 10;         // how many persistence history files should been kept by instance, number is looped over during save

Are theses history files any helpful with that persistence bug? will only be the last bin be affected by corruption on a server crash and will the server automatically use the last intact bin? anybody know?

So where are the history files then? And if there is a problem with corruption, why is there no automatic backup and restore system? Some simple scripts would fix countless hours of work gone in one bad server crash.

On the server where this happened, the admin told me he was unable to restore a self made backup. the server could not start properly and in the end, the whole server was corrupted, so he has to reset the whole world...

i dont know whats wrong, would be nice to hear some stuff from the developers, even there are "bad" news. i think its always better to talk about the problems.

lucky i made backup every 2 days as this happened to me lastnight i was able to restore mine

New server owner with Gameservers.com.  Any idea how I go about backing up my files?  The options with this provider seem very minimal.

Gameservers.com lolzzzzzz sorry but there bad in my experiance but yeah connect via ftp and downlaod all your files or just your mission folder