terry mulkey

Hate wolves

Is it just me or has anyone else  been attacked  an killed by packs of wolves  can yall please do something about this 

49 minutes ago, terry mulkey said:

Is it just me or has anyone else  been attacked  an killed by packs of wolves  can yall please do something about this 

Yes, wolves are dangerous.  You will need to take precautions to avoid death by wolf pack.  If you hear/see them coming, take cover in a house and shoot them through the windows.  If you plan on venturing through wolf territory away from usable fortification, then make certain you have a good weapon and plenty of ammo.  Also helps to have a pack of your own.  If you take out a certain percentage of the pack, they will retreat and regroup, giving you time to do the same.  If you can identify the alpha, take him out and they will retreat with just the one kill.

Was killed by a wolf pack near Altar 5 minutes ago :) They attacked me out of the nowhere, killed two with my shotgun, missed three shots then changed to my axe...fucking no chance.

I wish the infected would just work half as good as the wolves.

19 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Shotguns? Do we have them yet? I thought the Izh-18 was a single shot 7.62x39mm rifle?

He’s likely on PC.

To OP, try to avoid automatic fire. Dealing with wolves on semi-auto is better, as your shots are more precise, and you save that precious ammo in your mag.

• Like 2

Wolves are fine. They are pretty rare so it's scary when they do turn up. Fully geared they are easy to deal with.

With low level guns or unarmed they are truly scary

Ran into my first pack at night a few days ago. Was pitch black and couldn't see where I was going and heard howling. Ran in blackness in panic until I got a prompt " press x to climb ladder" when I wandered into a grain silo.  Seconds after I crawled up the ladder I heard growling and snapping. . Spent next while eating canned food listening to them howl and circle the silo in the darkness

2 hours ago, Nayte said:

He’s likely on PC.

To OP, try to avoid automatic fire. Dealing with wolves on semi-auto is better, as your shots are more precise, and you save that precious ammo in your mag.

I've found a good tactic is to sprint in the opposite direction, stop, 180 quick turn and shoot them in the head when they get close enough for a good shot

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

I've found a good tactic is to sprint in the opposite direction, stop, 180 quick turn and shoot them in the head when they get close enough for a good shot

100%

That’s exactly what I do as well. Run in the opposite direction you hear them, as they’re likely en route to you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

15 hours ago, Nayte said:

100%

That’s exactly what I do as well. Run in the opposite direction you hear them, as they’re likely en route to you.

That's a good tactic that I've tried to implement, but I tend to be a bit jittery and expend far too many shots trying to blast them in the chest and head as they close the distance. My favorite tactic for them is to run a straight line while keeping them in view, wait for one to engage in a sprint attack, side-step to avoid it and fire two to three shots into it's broadside as it recovers from it's missed pounce. Rinse, wash and repeat until the surviving wolves retreat. I've had great success with this tactic, but keep in mind larger packs usually mean multiple rushing attacks at once and in that case, you're more than likely going to take a hit or two. In the case that you don't have a firearm, hopefully you're close enough to some infected to have them pull aggro on, otherwise I've never survived a wolf pack without a firearm... 

• Like 1

I got attacked by three packs in one play session once. Highly unusual even though I was very far north in wolf territory. I think it's a good mechanic as it stops people pushing up past NWAF without being geared weapon wise. Especially when base building arrives, most players will want to set up far north where there zero spawns and the wolves will make a welcome trap for base raiders lol 

I had a pack set apon me in the middle of nowhere with a random barn. As I was trying to shut the doors I ended up with 3 locked inside with me. I walked up the internal steps backwards popping shots. I killed the last one with my last bullet with my back to the wall on the 3rd story of the barn. Damn wish I had a whiteness.