Daeznoob Gaming

how to fix base building

how to fix the base build ... just my 2cent

me and my group have been working hard for a week in medium pops server to get the base done ... tested base can be broken into just in 1 minute ... that heart broken >.<

my opinion is they don't have to change much with the base build ... all they need to do is extend the time of destroy walls longer , this is easy way to fix at the current state i guess , there are 4 parts to holding up the wall " destroy base up" " destroy base down" " destroy wood up " destroy wood down" ... so if u want to destroy the wall u have to break down this 4 main parts of the wall ... i will say each part take 1 hour to break down ... so to destroy a wall u need total 4 hours ... i think this is a fair deal for both side base owner and the thief

*note : -hours destroy time just apply for the outside wall .

-tools use to destroy wall : Sledgehammer (1 hour use ruined) / Crowbar(1 hour use ruined)

The problem with basebuilding is: It is not yet personalized. If you build it ... you can change it too / tear it off.

The base elements are under construction for all players "Upbuild / Downbuild".

In words: there is no status "base element ready" for the server yet.

i agree it should funk up ur sledge pretty good, but 4 hrs for a wall? i would have no incentive whatsoever to protect my base as the ammount of time and materials to break in would be insane.  i would say if they went ur route and had to break 4 parts, to use a absolute max of 5 mins per part and to allow multiple parts to be taken down at a time with multiple players.  grenades/mines would obliterate a wall instantly and crashing a car into them would do the same with the expense of the car.  hiding, multiple perimiters, actually defending, should be how u keep ur shit safe not in game mechanics keeping it safe for u.  

• Beans 1

11 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

i agree it should funk up ur sledge pretty good

Have you ever TRIED to break a sledgehammer?  The only weak points are the handle and attachment epoxy, which in quality models, are extremely tough.  Even a hickory or ash handle would leave you taking multiple breaks from body aches, before you could successfully destroy one from intentionally careless misuse.

I agree that bases should be harder to break into, though.  How long on average would you say it takes for a player to loot a mine or grenade?  2 hours, 3 hours?  How about getting a car located and running well enough to smash a wall? Maybe that is good indicator of how long wall breaching operations should take.

But please.  I don't ever want to hear about wearing out a sledgehammer or crowbar ever again.  If your durability experience with tools has anything to do with harbor freight, just know that those are not tools, and they belong at the bottom of a harbor.
If you ever manage to bend or break a crowbar from natural human use, consider it an accomplishment to apply such force, or an embarrassment to own a tool of such inferior quality.

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Have you ever TRIED to break a sledgehammer?  The only weak points are the handle and attachment epoxy, which in quality models, are extremely tough.  Even a hickory or ash handle would leave you taking multiple breaks from body aches, before you could successfully destroy one from intentionally careless misuse.

I agree that bases should be harder to break into, though.  How long on average would you say it takes for a player to loot a mine or grenade?  2 hours, 3 hours?  How about getting a car located and running well enough to smash a wall? Maybe that is good indicator of how long wall breaching operations should take.

But please.  I don't ever want to hear about wearing out a sledgehammer or crowbar ever again.  If your durability experience with tools has anything to do with harbor freight, just know that those are not tools, and they belong at the bottom of a harbor.
If you ever manage to bend or break a crowbar from natural human use, consider it an accomplishment to apply such force, or an embarrassment to own a tool of such inferior quality.

hahaha good point.  was so busy trying to think of something they could do to balance raiding that i didnt realize how unrealistic it woild be to ruin a sledge, well ever really.  its a solid chunk of metal on the end of a solid handle, the damn thing woild last forever.  just figured if the items u used to break the walls degraded fast it would either force ppl to come in numbers, or make multiple trips.  that woild increase destruction time without having to make the walls out of adamantium.  

silly me..... i thought the fix would be to make the hammers out of glass instead...... dammit

• Haha 1

Sure it's all WIP and in need of balancing, but that shouldn't stop constructive feedback on how to balance things.

Basebuilding needs to be worth it.  As it stands now, the time taken to dismantle a maximum reinforced wall is still under 5 mintues, as far as I know.

At least it is that you can not steal material by mining bases. The obtained material despawn .... no matter where it is put down (barrel or tent).

• Confused 1

On 11/19/2018 at 5:08 AM, emuthreat said:

If you ever manage to bend or break a crowbar from natural human use, consider it an accomplishment to apply such force,

that's the truth for SURE !!

Best way to get into a reinforced base is ...  use a ladder..  .. like .. <duh>  ..

If BI wont LET you craft a ladder - (except the ones you craft as part of your base tower)  - THEN, build a base tower on the outside of the wall, next to a base tower on the inside..

hmm ? - let's ask Yoda

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Best way to get into a reinforced base is ...  use a ladder..  .. like .. <duh>  ..

If BI wont LET you craft a ladder -

Want to seriously invade a base with a home-made ladder? You know how dangerous and buggy the standard ladders in DayZ are. Since you can save yourself the trouble and press F11.

If BI wont let you craft a ladder, then only because they do not want you to die.

Smile ^^

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Best way to get into a reinforced base is ...  use a ladder..  .. like .. <duh>  ..

Breaks into liquor store by climbing onto roof and dropping through ventilation hood.
Calls police to rescue him, because doors are key-bolted from inside, and there is no water inside.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Breaks into liquor store by climbing onto roof and dropping through ventilation hood.
Calls police to rescue him, because doors are key-bolted from inside, and there is no water inside.

He should have taken a LADDER
Or maybe a ROPE
Seems your liquor store was designed to be proof against Idiots..
Where I come from an 8 year old used forklifts to break into industrial units at night, ripping the whole side of the office out of the floor, and break open the safe by lifting it and bouncing it off the concrete until he could get his hand in, for sweet money. He did this regularly, and he was caught by a teacher who noticed he was giving away spare change at school.

But you know in DayZ we cant climb over walls or through windows, we can only server hop. (that's logical, right?)
As long as your base is idiot proof, stay happy. Most DayZ players will just stand outside drooling.

I remember that kid with the forklift - I WONDER : Is it still as easy to kill players by shooting up through the floor of mil watchtowers as it used to be? Or shoot them off their LADDERS .. if so, how do they defend their base against a siege or a sniper ? They hunker out of sight until the enemy gets bored and goes away? Or does the enemy post a couple of friends to shoot defenders when they show themselves, while the third guy hacks the gate down in safety?

We don't know the BI answers to any of these questions. But look back through the blogs and you'll see player ideas  by the score.. and all different.  For 3+ years a base has been whatever anyone imagines it to be, and everyone imagines different stuff. Now Xbox players are doing the same in a Big Way.  But BI hasn't still discussed it.  -1 ) You wanted "base-building" - you got it. - 2 ) Now you want "base-defending" too ?

<<There is more to be done in terms of ghosting, protection and general usability>>

and p.s. How come Bases don't attract zombies from the surroundings (seeing as they attract idiots)  ?? Each base ought to have a crowd of idiot zombies and idiot players outside the gate, brainlessly wishing they could get in.. (and the ones inside could wish thy could get out?) 

- let's hope it works out as good ..as  ..all  ..the other FPS Base games.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1