Sign in to follow this  
Stoutman

RIght click on inventory item does nothing!

I just got DayZ yesterday and when I play on any server I am unable to get the right click menu at all. Anything in inventory that I right click on, nothing happens. No menu pops up with the options for that item. I can not heal is the biggest issue! This makes the game basically unplayable as I will eventually take damage, and since bleeding never stops for some reason, I will just die. Not fun.

I have verified files, no issue found. I have restarted my computer. I do not have any mouse issues with anything else. This happens on my dedicated server, as well as any other server I log into. I do not think it is server related. My mouse is a basic mouse with two buttons and a wheel. It works fine for everything except DayZ.

Any suggestions?

There is no right click menu since way back. You need to hold for example the rags in your hands to use them as a bandage (hold left mouse button).
You can also combine objects by putting one of them in your hands an drag the other from inventory to the left part of the item you are currently holding.
The same goes for items that you put on the ground.

Hope this information helps.

Holding a rag in my hands, then hold down the LMB and nothing happens. I do have some damage....

1 hour ago, Stoutman said:

Holding a rag in my hands, then hold down the LMB and nothing happens. I do have some damage....

Unless you're bleeding, you don't need to bandage.  Damage will heal over time, so long as your food and water levels are good.