ICEMAN-FMCS

Known/Unkown Exploits/Bugs/Cheats That Crash Server

Server crashed and when I read the crash log Im seeing an instance of a possible glitch/bug/exploit/cheat that crashes server. Log entry is as follows,

[cheat] HandleInputData man=SurvivorBase<426b66e0> is cheating with cmd=Hand_Event event=HandEventForceSwap<61b10660>

Class: 'DayZPlayerInventory'

Function: 'Error'

Stack Trace:

scripts/1_Core/proto\endebug.c.44

scripts/4_World/systems\dayzplayerInventory.c.375

scripts/4_World/systems\dayzplayerinventory.c.283

This seems like the player was trying to enable debug or some type of cheat via cmd?

Not exactly sure but I thought Id raise the issue here any info on it would be great

I banned the person for a day just because in the log its viewed as a "cheat".

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

I have spoken directly with a dayz dev about this. And he said

"[cheat]  in the crash logs means that some ingame function is written as unsafe, its basically logging for us to know something is off."

So nothing for you to worry about it's just so they see it's a known issue

Ok I hope they fix it soon,.. some people join the server just to crash it by doing that.

If it's a deliberate abuse of a bug or exploit, I would permanentely ban them. No mercy for dupers.

2 hours ago, SANCHEZZ_063 said:

My server just crashes because of this problem, what should I do?

2 hours ago, IMT said:

If it's a deliberate abuse of a bug or exploit, I would permanentely ban them. No mercy for dupers.

Ban them they are doing it on purpose as IMT said.

2 warnings/kicks/1 day ban with me, 3rd time they on the perm list.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

Trouble is it can be done withoutknowing just by picking up an item when you already have something in your hands afaik

A little update for those who have the server crash and the restarter not restarting it because its still seen as running in task manager.

A simple solution,...

Add this to you starter/crash restarter script

taskkill /fi "IMAGENAME eq DayZServer_x64.exe" /fi "memusage lt 1000"

This will look to see if the server is using a small amount of memory indicating a crash, ie I notice when my server has the crash and has box popped up saying "DayZ has Stopped Working" it shows as using little to no memory at that time so I figured it would be a good trigger for the restarter.

Devs need to apply better monitoring code in the server exe so it knows its crashed and states it in the task manager.

Also made this post here

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

simple solution:

open gpedit.msc

Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Error Reporting. Double click on “Prevent display of the user interface for critical errors” in the panel on the right. enable it. 

Edited by barci335

49 minutes ago, barci335 said:

simple solution:

open gpedit.msc

Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Error Reporting. Double click on “Prevent display of the user interface for critical errors” in the panel on the right. enable it. 

Definitely not doing that unless it can be done for the specific program only....

Have a question when I start my server, I see the following error message ?

!!! File "$CurrentDir:mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\mapgroupdirt.xml" does not exist...
15:03:37 !!! [CE][LoadMap] "Dirt" :: Failed to read group instances ($CurrentDir:mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\mapgroupdirt.xml)

this file is not there?

Here is my question, how can you tell from that crash report who the player is?  I cannot find who the player that crashes the server is?