RaptorM60

Xbox Development Briefing - November 16, 2018

Come on guys please stop saying something and then take it back. I understand that you guys said a maybe on this but this is the reason so many players left. Stop this PR nightmare you keep putting yourself in. If you said something at least try to give us half the update shit most of these guys would been okay with just new loot and tents. Please stop shooting yourselves in the foot I love this game and want to see it do good but if keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results that the definition of insanity and this game well fail. Please I hope you all listen just give the people some shotguns, tents, barrels and say sorry the mechanic of base building is still not working and none of the backlash would have happened.

Edited by Hamabata Oshay
  • Like 1

LMFAO, Did the Dev's really push the update just cause of all these cry babys? Understand if this update dont work it will be XBOX COMMUNITY fault for pushing the dev's when they trying to make it work perfect and not just half way. Just for them for considering to bring this to xbox should shut yo asses up "Excuse my French". "IF" you waited 6 years for this game than im pretty sure you can wait a while longer. I been patient with this game cause I know how hard it is to make a GOOD stable game. THANK YOU DEV'S for your time and effort, you guys are doing great. 

• Like 1

Ok guys, it's today (2am here), let's hope the certification process did well.

If it doesn't happen, I wouldn't mind waiting for tuesday though, a few days don't hurt.

19 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

Ok guys, it's today (2am here), let's hope the certification process did well.

If it doesn't happen, I wouldn't mind waiting for tuesday though, a few days don't hurt.

Honestly I rather play a working game without any issues and if DayZ taking there time to make that happen than please let them do there Job. Many are crying when it was clear that it was a 50/50 on the update if testing went good and it hasn't which at least they tried it and now know some problems they can fix. Ya need stop sticking to one game "Game Preview" and go play some other good games "Fallout 76" LMAO

All I want is for the duct-tape and rope to work so we can tie people up (and handcuffs please!).

I want to get robbed goddamnit!

• Haha 2

Xbox community is just going to have to be patient. The game has only been out for consoles a few months if you think these holdups are bad think of the folks from PC who have seen Dayz in it's worst over the past 5+ years there were times when the game was almost unplayable from bugs, and other assorted issues. It's easy to say don't tell us this if you can't deliver when you aren't the ones actually working on the game but simply demanding results. 

Personally I'd rather wait a day or so or even a few days to make sure that whatever update they are pushing out is indeed what's best for the game and the community itself. If you're that unsatisfied with content there's other games you can occupy yourself with, the update will come when it comes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FearThePitBull said:

Xbox community is just going to have to be patient. The game has only been out for consoles a few months if you think these holdups are bad think of the folks from PC who have seen Dayz in it's worst over the past 5+ years there were times when the game was almost unplayable from bugs, and other assorted issues. It's easy to say don't tell us this if you can't deliver when you aren't the ones actually working on the game but simply demanding results. 

Personally I'd rather wait a day or so or even a few days to make sure that whatever update they are pushing out is indeed what's best for the game and the community itself. If you're that unsatisfied with content there's other games you can occupy yourself with, the update will come when it comes.

WELL SAID! Im a Xbox gamer and went to Xbox cause I thought they had a GOOD community. But after hearing all these crys and tears is making me go to PC cause PC gamers know the struggle of unfinished games. When I bought DayZ I knew what I was getting into when I read "GAME PREVIEW" lol. All I can say to the dev's is.....STOP LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY. if you know the update wont do good than dont push the update due to cry babys. Its just taking more time out of your hands to properly fix the game. Thank you Dev's for listening to us but now its time to listen to you guys!. 

• Like 1

I remember a day when manually installing Dayz Mod for ARMA 2 was a challenge in itself. In the beginning, there was just one server, we waited. After joining the server, we waited again for 15 minutes on a black screen. But we waited. Only to have the game crash and repeat. But we waited. For some, it took days to install and even then after figuring the install out, an update would come out and everything changed, back to square one with new issues to work around. But we waited.

I can see the Dayz xbox community is built up of non original Dayz players who probably jumped on the dayz train after it became the Standalone.

Im gonna do you all a solid. Dayz was broken a long time ago. When Rocket screwed Kronzky (Probably will get censored for that) . The other original modder who created Dayz Mod with Dean "Rocket" Hall. With him at the helm, we have seen nothing but broken promises and a broken game. Dayz now is nothing more than a cutdown version of ARMA 3. Probably the best platform available (Its more than a game).

Do I love this game? Very much so, but Ive already been in the trenches with it. That nostalgic feeling the mod itself gave us who were playing back before 2012, in its infant stage, sadly has run its course. Its like an ex girlfriend who keeps coming back. Broken promises.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SurSlaughter said:

I remember a day when manually installing Dayz Mod for ARMA 2 was a challenge in itself. In the beginning, there was just one server, we waited. After joining the server, we waited again for 15 minutes on a black screen. But we waited. Only to have the game crash and repeat. But we waited. For some, it took days to install and even then after figuring the install out, an update would come out and everything changed, back to square one with new issues to work around. But we waited.

I can see the Dayz xbox community is built up of non original Dayz players who probably jumped on the dayz train after it became the Standalone.

Im gonna do you all a solid. Dayz was broken a long time ago. When Rocket screwed Kronzky (Probably will get censored for that) . The other original modder who created Dayz Mod with Dean "Rocket" Hall. With him at the helm, we have seen nothing but broken promises and a broken game. Dayz now is nothing more than a cutdown version of ARMA 3. Probably the best platform available (Its more than a game).

Do I love this game? Very much so, but Ive already been in the trenches with it. That nostalgic feeling the mod itself gave us who were playing back before 2012, in its infant stage, sadly has run its course. Its like an ex girlfriend who keeps coming back. Broken promises.

I like this guy ^^^ lol. Only if people had your knowledge. I love this game and I love the outcome even if it turned out bad. At least ill be the one saying that I been there with there struggles and seeing there success. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

All I want is for the duct-tape and rope to work so we can tie people up (and handcuffs please!).

I want to get robbed goddamnit!

I don't need handcuffs to rob yo ass lol

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

I don't need handcuffs to rob yo ass lol

Well, most people just KoS - and nobody bandages up a unconscious players as its just going to be a risk when you can't tie him up first.

It would create the possibly for a lot more interactions then just "see, shoot, loot, run away" that most people follow.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:51 PM, RaptorM60 said:

Yes, it is definitely our goal to not mix players with different input methods.

Thank you for clarifying :) Good to keep them separate for sure.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Eliezer Ponce Quinones said:

WELL SAID! Im a Xbox gamer and went to Xbox cause I thought they had a GOOD community. But after hearing all these crys and tears is making me go to PC cause PC gamers know the struggle of unfinished games. When I bought DayZ I knew what I was getting into when I read "GAME PREVIEW" lol. All I can say to the dev's is.....STOP LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY. if you know the update wont do good than dont push the update due to cry babys. Its just taking more time out of your hands to properly fix the game. Thank you Dev's for listening to us but now its time to listen to you guys!. 

Now look im no cry baby just bec i have my fingers crossed for the update and i can remember when pc players cryed becouse they couldnt get the updates out fast enough. I am a hard core xbox player though. But i do understand if there are problems in a update or a problem with the game not cohearing to the update. We just wish to have little something new. Break up the same old same grind. The only cool thing to find is a svd. Add a few guns or some new gear. I watched dayz content for a long time and really liked the game but only got to play it on pc a few times when i knew about it going to xbox i was so happy and still am. I love this game. But i just need a change in the grind thats all. And im sure that others feel the same way.

Edited by KillerCastle1252

I mean the whole reason I started playing again was for this update. This games broken ass all hell as it is. There’s more bugs than people who play. They can’t even release a hit fix to fix the mosin bug or inventory glitches and hit reg. By all means everyone here has a right to be upset that we haven’t had a good update AT ALL. 

12 minutes ago, KillerCastle1252 said:

Now look im no cry baby just bec i have my fingers crossed for the update and i can remember when pc players cryed becouse they couldnt get the updates out fast enough. I am a hard core xbox player though. But i do understand if there are problems in a update or a problem with the game not cohearing to the update. We just wish to have little something new. Break up the same old same grind. The only cool thing to find is a svd. Add a few guns or some new gear. I watched dayz content for a long time and really liked the game but only got to play it on pc a few times when i knew about it going to xbox i was so happy and still am. I love this game. But i just need a change in the grind thats all. And im sure that others feel the same way.

Just curious, what exactly is a "hard core xbox player"? 

4 minutes ago, likejessejames said:

I mean the whole reason I started playing again was for this update. This games broken ass all hell as it is. There’s more bugs than people who play. They can’t even release a hit fix to fix the mosin bug or inventory glitches and hit reg. By all means everyone here has a right to be upset that we haven’t had a good update AT ALL. 

I've told you a million times stop exaggerating

6 hours ago, Jonathan Eliezer Ponce Quinones said:

LMFAO, Did the Dev's really push the update just cause of all these cry babys? Understand if this update dont work it will be XBOX COMMUNITY fault for pushing the dev's when they trying to make it work perfect and not just half way. Just for them for considering to bring this to xbox should shut yo asses up "Excuse my French". "IF" you waited 6 years for this game than im pretty sure you can wait a while longer. I been patient with this game cause I know how hard it is to make a GOOD stable game. THANK YOU DEV'S for your time and effort, you guys are doing great. 

Lol funny funny idc what pc thinks. what do you care if its half assed and broken. your a pc player remember. Devs is doing the best they can with what the community voices are saying. Im a xbox player and im not here crying And cursing to get my point across lol aka you. And trying to blame everthing on the xbox community is a funny thought but here you are trying so hard to make pc community sound so perfect. When some of us are pc players to.

2 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Just curious, what exactly is a "hard core xbox player"? 

Person who only plays xbox. If you would think alittle harder you might of figured it out your self. Lol

21 minutes ago, KillerCastle1252 said:

Person who only plays xbox. If you would think alittle harder you might of figured it out your self. Lol

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I thought you meant you were some kind of super tough pro gamer with built in perma death and skulls tattooed on your controller. 

• Haha 1

Alright guys, we made it! :) Update is out now - read the changelog here - and please let us know of any issues with the update: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

Alright guys, we made it! :) Update is out now - read the changelog here - and please let us know of any issues with the update: 

At least you guys did it even tho ya was rushed. Congrats

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I thought you meant you were some kind of super tough pro gamer with built in perma death and skulls tattooed on your controller. 

Omg no lol normal controller and set up