RaptorM60

Xbox Development Briefing - November 16, 2018

1 minute ago, Dopplerman said:

I'm willing to bet, by the time DayZ reaches 1.0, another company will have made another game with the same concept and actually pull through with updates.

Dude that'd be amazing. I was hoping that'd be Fallout 76 in a way, it wasn't... I really bought Scum thinking that would have a fighting chance, but right now it's way behind and honestly caved a long time ago becoming a much smaller stat based survival game. 

Something like the forest, done with 100 players would be cool... and you know I'd really love to see something of DAYZs calibre but as a Walking Dead game with huge hordes and NPC bandirs to...  I dunno, but I also just remembered how much I wish state of decay 2 was more like DAYZ...

Bro you might be right. But in 5 years, if DAYZ is still the only game like this outside of future Arma games and perhaps even space sim mods I won't be surprised... I've heard this kind of talk for years now, I've never seen anyone get close and I couldnt imagine anyone other than rockstar truly beating bohemia in terms of complexity and quality.

Change my mind :P

Just now, Dopplerman said:

I would rather not, I played the BETA and didn't enjoy it very much. Refunded my pre order before the game came out.

thatsthejoke

1 minute ago, Photek76 said:

They said it may get delayed, like right there at the start. If you dig up stash's or die easy it's all on you, no promises were made here. 

Don't tell people that are waiting and that have been asking for a update/ new content for months that one is coming on a certain day.. if they even thought for one second it wasn't coming out they shouldn't have said it,  clearly pissed people off and who said I die easy I said doesn't care about dying cause of server wipes that come with updates.. and if you bury 10 bags plus with guns ammo food ect ect and find out it's all getting wiped and you don't use it you'd be a bit retarded in my opinion 

u people complaining, geez, get with it. one guy says he took the day off for this and now thanksgiving is ruined. hahaha you mean u will take off thanksgiving to spend playing a game but not take itt off to spend with your family? you live a sad sad little life sir. Get a real job. one that pays you to stay home on the holidays. Sad sad little milennial.

1 minute ago, j prosper said:

u people complaining, geez, get with it. one guy says he took the day off for this and now thanksgiving is ruined. hahaha you mean u will take off thanksgiving to spend playing a game but not take itt off to spend with your family? you live a sad sad little life sir. Get a real job. one that pays you to stay home on the holidays. Sad sad little milennial

Not everyone can work or has family's arsehole  

7 minutes ago, Owen McMaster said:

Do you have dayz on Xbox?

Of course my dude, GT: PureMarksman.

Join my community Club: DAYZ HQ

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PureMarksman said:

Dude that'd be amazing. I was hoping that'd be Fallout 76 in a way, it wasn't... I really bought Scum thinking that would have a fighting chance, but right now it's way behind and honestly caved a long time ago becoming a much smaller stat based survival game. 

Something like the forest, done with 100 players would be cool... and you know I'd really love to see something of DAYZs calibre but as a Walking Dead game with huge hordes and NPC bandirs to...  I dunno, but I also just remembered how much I wish state of decay 2 was more like DAYZ...

Bro you might be right. But in 5 years, if DAYZ is still the only game like this outside of future Arma games and perhaps even space sim mods I won't be surprised... I've heard this kind of talk for years now, I've never seen anyone get close and I couldnt imagine anyone other than rockstar truly beating bohemia in terms of complexity and quality.

Change my mind :P

If you're looking for lots of people and huge hordes of zombies I suggest Arma 3: DayZ Exile. If I had a decent PC that's all I would play, wouldn't have even bought the standalone. 

• Like 1

Not everyone celebrates Thanks Giving either, I mean, I do cos my Wife is American but no one else here in Ireland is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Announcing the update for a today release was a way to generate black friday sales on the marketplace. Nothing more! It's painfully obvious from a business point of view.

• Beans 1

5 minutes ago, Dopplerman said:

If you're looking for lots of people and huge hordes of zombies I suggest Arma 3: DayZ Exile. If I had a decent PC that's all I would play, wouldn't have even bought the standalone. 

You're actually pretty onto it there, the Arma community is freaking amazing too. To be honest though, I kind of don't play DAYZ on PC anymore, and as nerdy as it sounds I pretty much only use the PC for gaming when playing Space Engineers nowdays :P 

I've pretty much converted to DAYZ XBOX, as I already had with Battlefield and then PUBG as I just have a lot of friends in real life who have XBOX's. That all being said, DAYZ is still a unique and heartpounding experience backed by some of the most impressive concepts ever seen in gaming, I'll continue to play it and it'll probably be the main game I play on console for a while. I'm by no means looking for anything other than a brutally realistic survival game, with a monster map, and perma-death. New guns and features are always welcome.

Edited by PureMarksman

To be honest, to change tack a little. When this was announced as coming to Xbox I was very concerned, not least because PUBG Xbox at launch was horrible (It's great now, I've 60 Chicken Dinners and counting) but this runs better than PUBG and also at 4K. I mean....yeah, ill be playing this for years to come so a wait of a few days aint too much. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Announcing the update for a today release was a way to generate black friday sales on the marketplace. Nothing more! It's painfully obvious from a business point of view.

this i can agree with

• Haha 1

Nice one devs, but please look at the calendar - this is not the 1st of April.

You could AT LEAST have told us this yesterday, so there wasn't such a big let-down today when people come on.

For a second you actually had me fooled to think that you either cared about the community (which is pretty important with a game like this) OR were doing your jobs - apparently its none of those.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Photek76 said:

To be honest, to change tack a little. When this was announced as coming to Xbox I was very concerned, not least because PUBG Xbox at launch was horrible (It's great now, I've 60 Chicken Dinners and counting) but this runs better than PUBG and also at 4K. I mean....yeah, ill be playing this for years to come so a wait of a few days aint too much. 

You're actually starting to break my heart a little in the realization we on XBOX wont get a DAYZ BR until after 1.0 and some spinoff GAMEZ titled is released :P 

Suddenly I realised I'll never truly be happy until we get mod support on console? Can we all just complain about that instead or, next?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

Nice one devs, but please look at the calendar - this is not the 1st of April.

You could AT LEAST have told us this yesterday, so there wasn't such a big let-down today when people come on.

For a second you actually had me fooled to think that you either cared about the community (which is pretty important with a game like this) OR were doing your jobs - apparently its none of those.

READ KID IT SAID "IF STABLE" Which means not confirmed to be released u idiot

The guy saying they could have told us yesterday has a point tbh. 

Edited by Photek76
  • Like 1

Ok look iv been playing on pc since the game droped back 2013 or so. Now i play on xbox too. Been in it from day 1 and will be there on the day the devs shut it down if they ever do. So all you new xbox guys stfu and deal the beta will drop just chill and be with your family. Happy thanksgiving

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, j prosper said:

this i can agree with

Let some of these people tell it and it's, "but they said it might not happen today, so yumadbro?!"

Of course they did. It was a way to cover their asses, while the black friday deal brings in the sales following the announcement.

Just now, Man Parts 241 said:

Let some of these people tell it and it's, "but they said it might not happen today, so yumadbro?!"

Of course they did. It was a way to cover their asses, while the black friday deal brings in the sales following the announcement.

No one in here seems to have bought it on sale or recently so I think you're over stating this a tad, surely they'd be in here going mad if they did....

13 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

announced for today ??

<< if nothing goes wrong during internal testing, we'll be releasing a big Game Preview update on Thursday,  We're announcing this with a little bit of a warning since there are quite a few things that can still break the build, but  HOPEFULLY , we should be all good,  and ready to release .. >>

there you are, dude - is that easier to READ now ?

seems now you will have to wait a couple more days? - like the guy said out straight and up front

[really doesn't sound much like a hard sales pitch to me, right? and I've seen a few, I swear]

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

announced for today ??

<< if nothing goes wrong during internal testing, we'll be releasing a big Game Preview update on Thursday,  We're announcing this with a little bit of a warning since there are quite a few things that can still break the build, but  HOPEFULLY , we should be all good,  and ready to release .. >>

there you are, dude - is that easier to READ now ?

seems now you will have to wait a couple more days? - like the guy said out straight and up front

[really doesn't sound much like a hard sales pitch to me, right? and I've seen a few, I swear]

This guy gets it..... How these people angry when they stated like that. Hopefully these kids stay in school cause their future looking rough already

• Like 1