RaptorM60

Xbox Development Briefing - November 16, 2018

2 minutes ago, LbGoNs said:

They just wanted 2 generate more sales on black friday so they LIED to us they had no intentions of releasing the update today if they did we would have it already

You probably need to go back and read what they actually said. I don't remember any guarantees in that statement. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

As a gaming community we really do need 2 hold the devs responsible for delays and lack of content

4 minutes ago, LbGoNs said:

Not really its a good concept for a game but the Devs constantly letting its community down makes it hard 2 stick up for them.

You don't have to stick up for them, but you don't have to be a petulant child about it either. Now, its disappointing but they literally said it may get delayed in the Opening post. I don't get the outrage tbh. 

That all said, I won't be playing it till the update drops because it's a wipe when it does. 

So many impatient needy people here! No one told you to wait up. If you are happy to buy a "Preview" then you are happy to STFU and deal with any issues until full release.  If you don't like it then go play another game because bitching about it on here will really help.  Imagine you were trying really hard to make a game and please EVERYONE and you just got trash talked every day, wouldn't be very nice would it? So STFU, Stop moaning about things out of your control and play with what you have been given.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exactly now its like wtf is the point in playing if were gunna get wiped soon i waited all week to play because of the wipe nd now that was for nothing 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Photek76 said:

Settle down the ass pain, they did caveat the fact that if any bugs happen it may be delayed. It seems most of you either can't read or are too furious to contemplate it. 

Caveat isn't a verb. 

• Haha 1

Well, tonight, instead of playing this I'll play PUBG, some Nier Automata and a smattering of Rocket League. I'm not praising the devs but I'm not going to condemn them either. I'm genuinely happy with how this is running and how pretty it is on my 4KTV on X1X and look forward to the updates when they drop. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the update. Keep up the good work!

To the whiny bitching community who are ripping the devs apart, why don't you back off and give them a break! At least they are trying to put out a good stable patch instead of one that is broken and unplayable. They take the time to actually respond and keep us posted when most AAA titles nowadays take your money and never even respond to their community and only worry about their pockets.

Give them a break!!

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

4 minutes ago, IKINGALOBAR said:

Caveat isn't a verb. 

It can be used as one though, albeit some people say it's improper use.  Be Better. 

Edited by Photek76

1 hour ago, RaptorM60 said:

Hello everyone, a short update: currently the Vehicles & Basebuilding update is still not ready, our effort to add some new controls (for vehicles & basebuilding, zeroing, freelook and firemode change) unfortunately presents a bit of a challenge and the internal build is quite broken for that reason. The team is still working on getting it into a better shape but it's getting more and more likely that we won't be able to release today, so please get yourself ready for this possible outcome.

Since Thanksgiving is about to start in US, today (Central European Time) is our last window of opportunity for release. If we don't make it by then, we will, unfortunately, have to proceed with release on Tuesday next week as we will no longer be able to make it through the Xbox submission process this week (and it's also not a good idea to release updates on Friday in general, since we would not be able to apply any hotfixes in case something got broken).

I'll update you once we know more, thank you for the patience! 

Thank you for the update! You guys keep up the good work! 

1 hour ago, Lee Macauley said:

Come on boys give us something peoples been waiting up all night for this and are dying to see something new 

1 hour ago, Zachary Kelly said:

Damn thanksgiving fucking ruined not even hungery  anymore xD couldn’t even fucking sleep and now. The exact news i was anticipating. Yay 

1 hour ago, Owen McMaster said:

Come on like I took the day off for this and now it’s not even going to happen 

1 hour ago, D Vigs said:

You devs are horrible. You don't give a date when it's going to be released then on that day say oh wait. It's not done. You finish the god damn thing then release a date. Screw this game and the devs. It's too bad. This could be a great game. Good luck getting more people to play. You make bluehole (pubg) devs look like God's...

So I take it you guys can’t read? They CLEARLY stated that the update would release today IF there were no issues. There were issues. Get over it..

• Like 3

They can't see past their own ass pain unfortunately. 

Also, if they fix this in time and release it, I bet not one of those posters will say "thankyou". It's the nature of gamer bro's.

Edited by Photek76
  • Like 1

Meanwhile: The devs are probably sweating balls trying to release this XBOX update by the end of the day to finally have the two builds on par. 

Meanwhile: The PC is community also is telling them everything on Beta is still pretty broken and that they should patch it.

Meanwhile: XBOX players are really angry they don't yet have a broken version of the broken Beta and would like a date and time on when to expect an update that they can further ridicule ie. request dates for fixes and further updates.

Meanwhile: Some dude from the office in Bohemia, "I told you we should have launched to console at 1.0" 

Meanwhile: Some PS4 owners, will DAYZ include PSVR support?

Bohemia, goodluck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PureMarksman said:

Meanwhile: The devs are probably sweating balls trying to release this XBOX update by the end of the day to finally have the two builds on par. 

Meanwhile: The PC is community also is telling them everything on Beta is still pretty broken and that they should patch it.

Meanwhile: XBOX players are really angry they don't yet have a broken version of the broken Beta and would like a date and time on when to expect an update that they can further ridicule ie. request dates for fixes and further updates.

Meanwhile: Some dude from the office in Bohemia, "I told you we should have launched to console at 1.0" 

Meanwhile: Some PS4 owners, will DAYZ include PSVR support?

Bohemia, goodluck.

Meanwhile: Bohemia devs are raking in the cash from black Friday sales from people expecting an update.

• Thanks 1

Funny how your getting everyone hyped for new content conveniently whilst the games on sale to then let everyone down with a 'it could be next Tuesday message'

Is this to do with boosting sales?

3 minutes ago, Dopplerman said:

Meanwhile: Bohemia devs are raking in the cash from black Friday sales from people expecting an update.

Meanwhile: In probanly less than a year bohemia will be raking in 80AUD per sale for 1.0 when everyone is convinced that DAYZ is the best game ever!

Until something else captures everyones attention. Only time will tell I guess.

Edited by PureMarksman

7 minutes ago, Photek76 said:

They can't see past their own ass pain unfortunately. 

Also, if they fix this in time and release it, I bet not one of those posters will say "thankyou". It's the nature of gamer bro's.

Payed them £30 for the game they didn't thank me when I gave them my money why would I thank them for giving us what were told we were getting.. shouldn't even mention a update if they didn't think it was ready or would be ready.. people put their time into the game to survive, that's the aim of the game stay alive for as long as possible... Word gets out and everyone had their stashes digged up and doesnt care about dying cause a so called update was coming anyway 

Just now, Dopplerman said:

Oh yea the Devs get all the money! they don't come under any management structure, its them making all the decisions about everything bohemia do... sorry my mistake i just thought they get paid a salary to work like dogs to develop this one game and take shit from the needy community. sorry again my mistake.

1 minute ago, PureMarksman said:

Meanwhile: In a year bohemia will be raking in 80AUD per sale for 1.0 when everyone is convinced that DAYZ is the best game ever!

I'm willing to bet, by the time DayZ reaches 1.0, another company will have made another game with the same concept and actually pull through with updates.

1 minute ago, Lee Macauley said:

Payed them £30 for the game they didn't thank me when I gave them my money why would I thank them for giving us what were told we were getting.. shouldn't even mention a update if they didn't think it was ready or would be ready.. people put their time into the game to survive, that's the aim of the game stay alive for as long as possible... Word gets out and everyone had their stashes digged up and doesnt care about dying cause a so called update was coming anyway 

They said it may get delayed, like right there at the start. If you dig up stash's or die easy it's all on you, no promises were made here. 

25 minutes ago, IKINGALOBAR said:

Caveat isn't a verb. 

uqaIVZF.png

4 minutes ago, PureMarksman said:

Meanwhile: In probanly less than a year bohemia will be raking in 80AUD per sale for 1.0 when everyone is convinced that DAYZ is the best game ever!

Do you have dayz on Xbox?

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, Dopplerman said:

I'm willing to bet, by the time DayZ reaches 1.0, another company will have made another game with the same concept and actually pull through with updates.

You're right, you should pick up Fallout76, it's excellent apparently.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, Photek76 said:

You're right, you should pick up Fallout76, it's excellent apparently.

I would rather not, I played the BETA and didn't enjoy it very much. Refunded my pre order before the game came out.