RaptorM60

Xbox Development Briefing - November 16, 2018

4 minutes ago, Photek76 said:

Do people not realize what a Game Preview is? 

Do devs not realize no one would be pissed off if they didn't set obviously unrealistic release dates that they can never pull through for? If you don't wanna make people mad, say it will be done when it's done. Not advertise "BIG UPDATE COMING FOR BLACK FRIDAY BUY YOUR COPY NOW!" then wonder why people are pissed off when you don't provide an update.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

17 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:
3 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Look everyone this guy knows exactly how much everyone should care about everything!! How did you come by this mystical knowledge oh great one lmao. Jeez get out the baby lotion and prepare yourself for the dev team already. Not a fan of people dumping on development teams over update delays but I'm not big on white knights lording it over paying consumers opinions on a public forum either. Just because you feel your passions are somehow more in perspective than others does not make you correct

Dude no one is telling you how much to care... you just sound salty now retreating to ol' "You're just kiss the Devs ass" bullshit.

It's simple my dude. Some of understand the huge ammount of work that goes into this kind of stuff and it's just sad that the praise are overshadowed by the small minded complaints from the minority of consumers who demand that DAYZ be some bitch aspiring for the highest count. It's a sandbox survival simulator, a toolbox for stories and something that needs to be done right, not quickly.

The reason so many of us KNOW you're complaints are mindless and irrational is because we all thought the same as you did once upon a time. Still years later, no other games ever even tried to do what DAYZ is doing... so I'm not going to pretend I know exactly how they're going to pull of it off, but I know from experience after experience that they ARE, and it's only getting better with each iteration.

The Devs are fucking geniuses in my opinion and I ever end up with a product half as legendary and exciting as DAYZ I'd be stoked.

4 minutes ago, Dopplerman said:

Do devs not realize no one would be pissed off if they didn't set obviously unrealistic release dates that they can never pull through for? If you don't wanna make people mad, say it will be done when it's done. Not advertise "BIG UPDATE COMING FOR BLACK FRIDAY BUY YOUR COPY NOW!" then wonder why people are pissed off when you don't provide an update.

Real shit I got always 16 buddies who are waiting on this update and if we could I would bully dev development for making me waste my got damn 32 pound so early

1 minute ago, Terry Williams said:

Stfu bro look put it this way it a dum ads fool if your not salty with the fact the development of this game are unprofessional and just trying to rack in some done of a broken game that us lot who have spent money have to see fall to shit and deal with let down like this 

Erm reread what I posted, I was actually defending someone saying exactly what you just said from a guy saying your not allowed to be annoyed. Think you misunderstood , it happens.

• Haha 2

Just now, Owen McMaster said:

Point is get the update sorted 

Yeah I agree this would pretty much shut everyone up.

• Haha 1

Just now, PureMarksman said:

Dude no one is telling you how much to care... you just sound salty now retreating to ol' "You're just kiss the Devs ass" bullshit.

It's simple my dude. Some of understand the huge ammount of work that goes into this kind of stuff and it's just sad that the praise are overshadowed by the small minded complaints from the minority of consumers who demand that DAYZ be some bitch aspiring for the highest count. It's a sandbox survival simulator, a toolbox for stories and something that needs to be done right, not quickly.

The reason so many of us KNOW you're complaints are mindless and irrational is because we all thought the same as you did once upon a time. Still years later, no other games ever even tried to do what DAYZ is doing... so I'm not going to pretend I know exactly how they're going to pull of it off, but I know from experience after experience that they ARE, and it's only getting better with each iteration.

The Devs are fucking geniuses in my opinion and I ever end up with a product half as legendary and exciting as DAYZ I'd be stoked.

It's simple. Don't advertise an update till you know for a fact you're ready to drop it. Not fucking hard at all. If the devs where "fucking geniuses" they would probably know this is the exact way to kill off a game in early stages. If you're not sure if an update will be done, say it will be done when it's done then no one's bitching when you don't deliver by a set date. This is not rocket science man.

• Like 4

I think the issue here is that the devs set a date (22th) instead of saying ''the update will be ready when it's ready''.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarczXD320 said:

I think the issue here is that the devs set a date (22th) instead of saying ''the update will be ready when it's ready''.

This is exactly the issue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dopplerman said:

It's simple. Don't advertise an update till you know for a fact you're ready to drop it. Not fucking hard at all. If the devs where "fucking geniuses" they would probably know this is the exact way to kill off a game in early stages. If you're not sure if an update will be done, say it will be done when it's done then no one's bitching when you don't deliver by a set date. This is not rocket science man.

Homie, they literally said theres major possibilities for delays and have been saying as much on twitter ever since. They have the date as part of a roadmap the public keeps asking for even now... it explicitly said that this update had possible complications that may not be resolved. They pretty much have you all a roadmap whilst attempting not to overhype exactly what was being released, as possible.

I was expecting the update tonight as well dude. But how can honestly know DAYZ exists, and have played this game in it's current state and not had seen this coming? Are you insane?

Read the fineprint.

This is utter fucking bullshit. We are waaaaaaaaaaaay to forgiving with the Devs and their shitty work. If im late on a deadline at my job i can get fired they're late and they expect us to thank them gfy BI

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion

1 minute ago, Terry Williams said:

My bad so many post i replied to and it is getting me so pissed of the shit talk people come out with fuck devs they could at least hit us up with something for today as the game is a laggy glitches out piece of shit we're thing like meatball and stuff if make the day population drop check it how I see it when the game released the servers were popping now check it dead out no one is fucking with the game atm if more of a problem atm so 100 devs team can suck my ball with the lack of updating and last min shit talk 

It's all good dude no offence taken.

4 minutes ago, PureMarksman said:

Your opinion also doesn’t mean shit, it will get better obviously it’s supposed to but we can all bitch at them when there’s something like this happening. It pisses the customers off especially when they’re paying customers expecting the only update so far giving us any news feature. sit there looking down at everyone thinking about how small minded everyone’s comments are but yours because your one of the only  few who understand game developing. Get a life 

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

Settle down the ass pain, they did caveat the fact that if any bugs happen it may be delayed. It seems most of you either can't read or are too furious to contemplate it. 

2 minutes ago, Owen McMaster said:

Your opinion also doesn’t mean shit, it will get better obviously it’s supposed to but we can all bitch at them when there’s something like this happening. It pisses the customers off especially when they’re paying customers expecting the only update so far giving us any news feature. sit there looking down at everyone thinking about how small minded everyone’s comments are but yours because your one of the only  few who understand game developing. Get a life 

I just totally love this comment. I agree.

But no, what I'm wishing for I suppose, is that for people to understand the huge technical achievements that have actually taken place for these guys to get this game from a $1000 PC to a 2013 XBOX ONE. I wish more people actually did give a fuck about art and design, CS and development so that they'd understand the Devs are just people trying to make this shit work. Theres a reason why this game isn't a full release, theres a reason they're are hesitant of giving you a "beta" and how can you be surprised when this is how everyone acts? OUTRAGED AT THE DEVELOPMEMT PROCESS! Fuck off... what the hell do you expect them to do?

I like this comment because you're right. My opinion doesn't mean shit dude, and really don't want to offend anyone here I honestly love you all just for playing this game I think its awesome and the community is mental (in a good way). But I am just here, as a student I guess... and ameteur Unity developer, artist, and modder just trying to be at least one voice in these comments section yelling "Its cool Bohemia I get it!".

I didn't come in replying to anyone... I just had the intention of being the opposite of the whine.

• Beans 3

I say we start holding the Devs responsible for not doing their jobs they had LITERALLY weeks 2 sort this out it was a lie 2 generate sales on black friday if that doesn't say exactly what the Devs think abt the xbox community idk what else will. We were a cash grap because they already EPICALLY FAILED on 1 platform because of constant delays fucking admit it BI you have no idea wtf your doing. They used the xbox 2 salvage their mess of a company and it us the players that have 2 pay for it

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Why did you buy this game if it already FAILED on one platform and the company is a mess?

I was naive and love zombie game i figured after 6 yrs in development they'd know wtf their doing by now

• Like 1

Not really its a good concept for a game but the Devs constantly letting its community down makes it hard 2 stick up for them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Look everyone this guy knows exactly how much everyone should care about everything!! How did you come by this mystical knowledge oh great one lmao. Jeez get out the baby lotion and prepare yourself for the dev team already. Not a fan of people dumping on development teams over update delays but I'm not big on white knights lording it over paying consumers opinions on a public forum either. Just because you feel your passions are somehow more in perspective than others does not make you correct

Lol, Personally couldn't give a fig what you think. Just think it's funny how you're all getting so worked up over nothing. It's a game. I don't know why you need to be so abusive when someone has a different opinion to you. As you say, it's a public forum and I'm entitled to my opinion too. 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? You don't make people wait up all night before a holiday with promises and false hope. The money coming from Xbox players undoubtedly helped you hire people to ONLY WORK ON THE PC VERSION. If you mess up post something much earlier than 5 hours after release was supposed to happen. 

• Like 3

I ain't going to make part of this discussion anymore, but there is some things i wanna say:

First i wish luck for the devs and i hope they manage to sort the update today, if not, 5 more days of waiting won't honestly hurt.

Second, PC players warned us about that, we should have take their words in consideration.

• Like 2

They just wanted 2 generate more sales on black friday so they LIED to us they had no intentions of releasing the update today if they did we would have it already

• Like 3