RaptorM60

Xbox Development Briefing - November 16, 2018

Just now, Owen McMaster said:

You can’t just not do anything about it or give us any new features. 6year wait for console release, I bought the game the second it was out and since then I’ve been able to play it 4 times. You have one of the best communities and your losing it because you can’t do your job or else your just taking your time about doing your job. You messed me around some shocking waited all night, even took the day off as I said. Get it together. 

Well said !!

• Beans 1

After much anticipation the mass populace of the game would prefer you drop whatever you have and then fix whatever is wrong or breaks over the weekend on Tues. Please consider this as the small community that we have, have changed their lives around to just play your update. Your talking IRL consequences with a lot of these players. Thanks and I understand whatever decision 

2 minutes ago, Owen McMaster said:

You can’t just not do anything about it or give us any new features. 6year wait for console release, I bought the game the second it was out and since then I’ve been able to play it 4 times. You have one of the best communities and your losing it because you can’t do your job or else your just taking your time about doing your job. You messed me around some shocking waited all night, even took the day off as I said. Get it together. 

Why could you only pay it four times? 

• Beans 1

6 minutes ago, Owen McMaster said:

If you're taking days off of work to play videogames then YOU'RE the one who needs to "get it together" buddy.

Edited by PureMarksman
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

I feel ya, but your money's already in there bank account bro. And everyone else's lol, the customer has zero power in the games industry, especially with game preview games. I too think giving dates for update drops even with caveats for development issues is bad practise in general but at the end of the day why would they care if only 10% of paying customers are still playing? We all still payed didn't we, if I were BI I'd be laughing my ass of all the way to the bank.

I wouldn't be laughing when people read up about the game and come across how shite it can be.. no more penny's for them and you really think if they full release this and up the price anyone will buy it.. it'll be a free game with gold soon enough.. I won't be recommending it to anyone else.. I bigged this update up enough and the game, what a fool I was 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PureMarksman said:

If you're taking days off of work to play videogames then YOU'RE the one who needs to "get it together" buddy.

Lol look at Mr BI white knight over here lmao. For someone who claims to be an independent game developer you seem to have a skewed view on how much dedication someone should have for a game there passionate about. Apparently you feel a consumer has no rights to voice there opinion on a product they've payed for, I'm not saying I think the game devs deserve to be dumped on for a update delay but maybe you should try some empathy.

• Haha 3

Can't believe I didn't see this coming. Was so happy because I'm on days off, canceled all my plans today. Was goona sit at home and binge play DayZ. So much for that I guess. I go back to work on Saturday, then won't be able to play for 2 weeks. Probably just goona delete Dayz. Tried of always being let down.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Why could you only pay it four times? 

Because it’s a walking simulator that I don’t have the patient for at the minute.

People are understandable mad, after all:

- There were people who stayed awake all night waiting for it.

- This announcement was from the last minute.

- They had the opportunity to assign all the missing buttons and actions before today.

- It's a day before thanksgiving, people were expecting to enjoy the holiday playing.

I woudn't blame people for being mad honestly.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Just now, Owen McMaster said:

Because it’s a walking simulator that I don’t have the patient for at the minute.

The game won't change drastically with the update. Have you ever watched this game before on YouTube? 

12 minutes ago, PureMarksman said:

Cheers heaps for the info you legends.

Ps. Holy crap I feel for you guys at Bohemia, this community is horrifyingly needy. You's have both inspired me countless times in the development of my own survival FPS games, and have forever scared me away from the ideas of releasing my own open alphas... it's easy to see why other companies like Rockstar release NOTHING for a decade.

Anyways, BOHEMIA. Thank you tremendously for doing what no one else could in creating a truly hardcore survival sim. Thank you for the Enfusion engine and showing us how to simply render enormous environments and develop complex survival mechanics, and thank you for choosing to optimize and refine your code above all else.

Dayz is a masterpiece, and has been an amazing journey. Best of luck with the new update I just want the gloves really...

Climb outta their arse mate.. you don't tell your fans something's coming they have all been waiting for, for months then no deliver on the day and push it back another 5 then Tuesday will come and get pushed back another week and another cause after 6 years in the making it's still a broken game that they can't seem to fix.... the driving looked better in GTA 3 FFS

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, PureMarksman said:

I’m 17 I work flat out it’s not your problem? and I’d be happy enough if there was an update to play 

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, MarczXD320 said:

People are understandable mad, after all:

- There were people who stayed awake all night waiting for it.

- This announcement was from the last minute.

- They had the opportunity to assign all the missing buttons and actions before today.

- It's a day before thanksgiving, people were expecting to enjoy the holiday playing.

I woudn't blame people for being mad honestly.

And its the people who stay awake all night and take days off work for a video game that need to develop a sense of perspective! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lee Macauley said:

I wouldn't be laughing when people read up about the game and come across how shite it can be.. no more penny's for them and you really think if they full release this and up the price anyone will buy it.. it'll be a free game with gold soon enough.. I won't be recommending it to anyone else.. I bigged this update up enough and the game, what a fool I was 

And dude I 100% feel your pain, you paid money for a product and you feel the product isn't living upto it's promise. As a consumer that's your right & I respect that, hell I pretty much agree. Just saying that generally people are 100% dumber than you think , when the game goes 1.0 and enters the normal xbox game tab in the market place thousands upon thousands of people will buy it, even people with absolutely no prior knowledge of the game just because it's new and there. 

3 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

And dude I 100% feel your pain, you paid money for a product and you feel the product isn't living upto it's promise. As a consumer that's your right & I respect that, hell I pretty much agree. Just saying that generally people are 100% dumber than you think , when the game goes 1.0 and enters the normal xbox game tab in the market place thousands upon thousands of people will buy it, even people with absolutely no prior knowledge of the game just because it's new and there. 

I like that you said when it hits 1.0 I think you meant to say if it hits 1.0 I don't see it anytime soon it's bugged out and broken and has been for years.. 

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

And its the people who stay awake all night and take days off work for a video game that need to develop a sense of perspective! 

Yeah a perspective on DayZ, and how they need to stop setting obviously way too high expectations for themselves. There are people that sit in a line for days and miss work/school for a fucking pair of sneakers. If someone's excited enough for something, they're goona do what they wanna do to play/have it. So get off your high horse and stop pretending that you've never stayed up all night or missed a day of work/school for something that you love. If you truly haven't though, I feel even more bad for your miserable life.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

The game won't change drastically with the update. Have you ever watched this game before on YouTube? 

Yeah I have watched it a lot I love the game but if there’s no way of transport around the map and that’s a big thing to be missing out on because I don’t have the patient for walking across the map I just can’t do it 

1 minute ago, TheYetiBum said:

Lol look at Mr BI white knight over here lmao. For someone who claims to be an independent game developer you seem to have a skewed view on how much dedication someone should have for a game there passionate about. Apparently you feel a consumer has no rights to voice there opinion on a product they've payed for, I'm not saying I think the game devs deserve to be dumped on for a update delay but maybe you should try some empathy.

That's hardly what I am saying. I simply find the whole idea of people being this shattered by the development process rediculous... it never used to be like this. It's almost as if people think games don't take 10 years to make...

I swear to god, people nowdays also just feel entitled to everything almost instantly and this whole "right to voice your opinion" bullshit has been more a good excuse to talk shit about people and their work. The "consumer" has lost respect for the industry, and sure I get why you can argue a lot of that is because of big companies screwing over the little guys (you know... smaller companies like these guys) and that the reputation is earned; but I argue a lot of the complaining here comes simply from bored idiots with nothing better to do with their life than wait and demand on others to constantly generate content for them; and THAT is the reason so much bullshit is happening "these days" between the consumer and developers rushing promises and content.

There is a huge disconnect between the consumer, and the huge ammount of work that goes into these productions and it's not only frustrating but pathetic. You know how a game like DAYZ came to be? Because a huge community of role players, artists, computer scientist, and modders spent years developing a sandbox experience so great it became something worth actually investing in... not because a bunch of lil brats wanted a game.

So sure, say what you want about me buddy. But I've been the "consumer" for years now... I'm just defending my turf so don't take personally :P

• Like 2

Do people not realize what a Game Preview is? 

Edited by Photek76
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

Hello everyone, a short update: currently the Vehicles & Basebuilding update is still not ready, our effort to add some new controls (for vehicles & basebuilding, zeroing, freelook and firemode change) unfortunately presents a bit of a challenge and the internal build is quite broken for that reason. The team is still working on getting it into a better shape but it's getting more and more likely that we won't be able to release today, so please get yourself ready for this possible outcome.

Since Thanksgiving is about to start in US, today (Central European Time) is our last window of opportunity for release. If we don't make it by then, we will, unfortunately, have to proceed with release on Tuesday next week as we will no longer be able to make it through the Xbox submission process this week (and it's also not a good idea to release updates on Friday in general, since we would not be able to apply any hotfixes in case something got broken).

I'll update you once we know more, thank you for the patience! 

Black Friday sales on Xbox for dayz funny same week "massive update"yeah right more like massive payday for the Devs you think with that money they would get some good developers to finish the game properly maybe even dlc that I wouldn't mind paying for or renting a sever but my time for this game is running out fast 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Look everyone this guy knows exactly how much everyone should care about everything!! How did you come by this mystical knowledge oh great one lmao. Jeez get out the baby lotion and prepare yourself for the dev team already. Not a fan of people dumping on development teams over update delays but I'm not big on white knights lording it over paying consumers opinions on a public forum either. Just because you feel your passions are somehow more in perspective than others does not make you correct

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

.You're doing it great, putting us a lot of interest, and even so, you do everything possible to have more things, a dream come true, big bohemia