RaptorM60

Xbox Development Briefing - November 16, 2018

No one can tell you that.

No one can even tell you if it WILL drop at all, as the devs has said that it would only go live if further problems did not arise - and we have not heard a word about it since.

But im pretty certain it will come up, otherwise they probably would have told us by now as it take a couple of days to get MS certification for it.

• Like 1

Will I still be able to join my friend's game when he is using controller and I'm using M&K following this update tomorrow?

Well, it's today, let's hope at least...

Edited by MarczXD320

Hello everyone, a short update: currently the Vehicles & Basebuilding update is still not ready, our effort to add some new controls (for vehicles & basebuilding, zeroing, freelook and firemode change) unfortunately presents a bit of a challenge and the internal build is quite broken for that reason. The team is still working on getting it into a better shape but it's getting more and more likely that we won't be able to release today, so please get yourself ready for this possible outcome.

Since Thanksgiving is about to start in US, today (Central European Time) is our last window of opportunity for release. If we don't make it by then, we will, unfortunately, have to proceed with release on Tuesday next week as we will no longer be able to make it through the Xbox submission process this week (and it's also not a good idea to release updates on Friday in general, since we would not be able to apply any hotfixes in case something got broken).

I'll update you once we know more, thank you for the patience! 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 7
  • Beans 5

Come on boys give us something peoples been waiting up all night for this and are dying to see something new 

Edited by Lee Macauley

Just now, Lee Macauley said:

Come on boys give us something peoples been waiting up all night for this and our dying to see something new 

Agree mate. I was looking forward to this update but would rather wait until its working than stuff going wrong. 

• Beans 2

9 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

Hello everyone, a short update: currently the Vehicles & Basebuilding update is still not ready, our effort to add some new controls (for vehicles & basebuilding, zeroing, freelook and firemode change) unfortunately presents a bit of a challenge and the internal build is quite broken for that reason. The team is still working on getting it into a better shape but it's getting more and more likely that we won't be able to release today, so please get yourself ready for this possible outcome.

Since Thanksgiving is about to start in US, today (Central European Time) is our last window of opportunity for release. If we don't make it by then, we will, unfortunately, have to proceed with release on Tuesday next week as we will no longer be able to make it through the Xbox submission process this week (and it's also not a good idea to release updates on Friday in general, since we would not be able to apply any hotfixes in case something got broken).

I'll update you once we know more, thank you for the patience! 

Come on guys we been waiting for this at least give us some gear i had a fealing this would happen and post about us getting it today was just to shut us up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I don't know about the rest of the players but me and my friends lifted all our dig stashes last night so since last character wipe till last night's worth of gear lifted for nothing they know fine rightly when it's gonna be working that's why they test it in private servers and funny it'll have to wait till Tuesday if they don't finish it today which we all already know they won't waste of time and money If you ask me.. I even doubt it'll be out this side of Xmas 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Damn thanksgiving fucking ruined not even hungery  anymore xD couldn’t even fucking sleep and now. The exact news i was anticipating. Yay 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So basically the update is good and all and the only thing left is to assign controls to those specific actions ? 

Not surprised, modern game development always makes the mistake of setting unattainable targets. A few months down the line features will be trimmed even more and blamed on unmanageable player expectations lol. Expectations fueled by posts with unattainable goals and release dates. 

Im not even bothered but it kinda funny how things never change, better just to say were working on X Y & Z an that it'll be ready when it's ready but I guess building hype and crashing out is better than no hype at all lol.

• Like 1

At least give us Exp servers on Xbox to mess around with the new stuff.. Who cares if its buggy or crashes, The WHOLE game is buggy.. We can deal with it

• Like 1

I am not mad about this .. But Please to the  developers Don't hype up a schedule  update  by saying the day of release instead just stick with a briefing like a update is being worked on  to that matter.. This is the second time it's been screwed up just surprise us next time with a update 

4 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Not surprised, modern game development always makes the mistake of setting unattainable targets. A few months down the line features will be trimmed even more and blamed on unmanageable player expectations lol. Expectations fueled by posts with unattainable goals and release dates. 

Im not even bothered but it kinda funny how things never change, better just to say were working on X Y & Z an that it'll be ready when it's ready but I guess building hype and crashing out is better than no hype at all lol.

Hype and crashing outs gonna be the end of this game it will lose lots of players for messing them around I doubt highly I'm the only one that feels like that but when people sit all night cause we have no updates and especially when they book days off work to play a game that been hyped next time about they will lose interest if it's not out today I'm finished playing this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You devs are horrible. You don't give a date when it's going to be released then on that day say oh wait. It's not done. You finish the god damn thing then release a date. Screw this game and the devs. It's too bad. This could be a great game. Good luck getting more people to play. You make bluehole (pubg) devs look like God's...

Edited by D Vigs
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, Lee Macauley said:

Hype and crashing outs gonna be the end of this game it will lose lots of players for messing them around I doubt highly I'm the only one that feels like that but when people sit all night cause we have no updates and especially when they book days off work to play a game that been hyped next time about they will lose interest if it's not out today I'm finished playing this 

I feel ya, but your money's already in there bank account bro. And everyone else's lol, the customer has zero power in the games industry, especially with game preview games. I too think giving dates for update drops even with caveats for development issues is bad practise in general but at the end of the day why would they care if only 10% of paying customers are still playing? We all still payed didn't we, if I were BI I'd be laughing my ass of all the way to the bank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers heaps for the info you legends.

Ps. Holy crap I feel for you guys at Bohemia, this community is horrifyingly needy. You's have both inspired me countless times in the development of my own survival FPS games, and have forever scared me away from the ideas of releasing my own open alphas... it's easy to see why other companies like Rockstar release NOTHING for a decade.

Anyways, BOHEMIA. Thank you tremendously for doing what no one else could in creating a truly hardcore survival sim. Thank you for the Enfusion engine and showing us how to simply render enormous environments and develop complex survival mechanics, and thank you for choosing to optimize and refine your code above all else.

Dayz is a masterpiece, and has been an amazing journey. Best of luck with the new update I just want the gloves really...

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the update! We all can’t wait for the new update to drop. This will give me time to use all my stashed guns in a hail of gun fire. You can catch me in Cebet! 

• Like 1

You can’t just not do anything about it or give us any new features. 6year wait for console release, I bought the game the second it was out and since then I’ve been able to play it 4 times. You have one of the best communities and your losing it because you can’t do your job or else your just taking your time about doing your job. You messed me around some shocking waited all night, even took the day off as I said. Get it together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1