Uncle Zed

Two BSOD's

Today I've had two BSOD's related to Battleye. I've emailed them but I thought I'd seek feedback from the masses.

Both times it was the same. System thread exception not handled and the file was BEDaisy.sys. 

Has anyone else experienced this? It's on Stable 0.63.149464 and only started today.

• Like 1

After this post, I would BSOD after 10 minutes of playing, every time. The folks at BE finally sent me a new file for BE and now I'm not crashing, at least not during my short 20 minute sessions I've had time for since I replaced the file.

I've had a number of BSODs as well. Not every one of these was obviously about BattlEye, but since this is a KNOWN issue, they all must be, even if it says PAGE FAULT or something about IRQ. I also did get one about a BattlEye DLL file.

Not a very STABLE game for us, is it.

It apparantly broke some PCs already. This has been going on for over a week now, and I'm getting worried that Bohemia/BattlEye aren't taking it seriously enough.

16 hours ago, Deadboy (DayZ) said:

I've had a number of BSODs as well. Not every one of these was obviously about BattlEye, but since this is a KNOWN issue, they all must be, even if it says PAGE FAULT or something about IRQ. I also did get one about a BattlEye DLL file.

Not a very STABLE game for us, is it.

It apparantly broke some PCs already. This has been going on for over a week now, and I'm getting worried that Bohemia/BattlEye aren't taking it seriously enough.

They released an update earlier today, and it was for BE. BE was causing the crashes. If someone's PC broke from a BSOD, they must have already had a jacked up system.

I still have this issue, and I'm worried for the state of my rig. I really would NOT like to reinstall everything because either BattleEye or Bohemia didn't fix this issue yet

Here is my brief history of trying to tackle this issue:

Since the latest update, I can't start DayZ, but starting DayZ not only making the game crash but initially resulted with an instant reboot of my PC. 
Then I browsed the threads and reddit and tried every solution that seemed to work for others.

After replacing the BattleEye exe file as described in some comments, instead of having the black-screen-reboot, I actually got the blue screen of death, so it didn't work.

Then Ininstalled the whole game, manually deleted every related folder and file, re-downloaded, reinstalled and upon start, still blue screen of death.

Then I tried manually removing the BattleEye folder from the DayZ directory and then started a verification of files via steam and still, starting the game results with the blue screen of death.

Is there any solution I didn't try yet, or will there be any ETA on a fix, so at least a crash wouldn't reboot my rig every damn time?

I need to do what now? o_O

I love it when people throwing out abbreviations and assuming everyone knows what they talk about :P

EDIT: Just got curious about an idea and moved the whole install folder to another drive meantime and it still resulted with a blue screen.

Then I followed the link and using the application on the link I got this result, but I have no idea what I supposed to deduct from this:

IQIl4DC.png?1

These are the only two lines highlighted

Based on the first filename I assume it is BattleEye, but thats all that I could figure out and it isn't really a news that these BSOD events are related to BattleEye, question is how do I fix it, or better yet how do they fix it? :P

Edited by ColemanV

5 hours ago, ColemanV said:

I need to do what now? o_O

I love it when people throwing out abbreviations and assuming everyone knows what they talk about :P

EDIT: Just got curious about an idea and moved the whole install folder to another drive meantime and it still resulted with a blue screen.

Then I followed the link and using the application on the link I got this result, but I have no idea what I supposed to deduct from this:

IQIl4DC.png?1

These are the only two lines highlighted

Based on the first filename I assume it is BattleEye, but thats all that I could figure out and it isn't really a news that these BSOD events are related to BattleEye, question is how do I fix it, or better yet how do they fix it? :P

BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death. It's only been a term being used in computers for 30+ years.

So, you found the problem. The files listed are the files that were crashing due to the bad BE file. If you had the updated BE file, that wouldn't happen. Here's what I got from Google:

Download https://www.battleye.com/downloads/dayz/BEService_x64.exe
Open your DayZ game directory and put this file into the "BattlEye" folder.

That will fix your problem.

I'm familiar with the BSOD abbreviation itself - given that I started using PCs in the DOS era moving over to PCs from the Commodore 64 - but I don't use it in this form, and I can tell you from experience a whole bunch of folk don't use the abbreviation either.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it earlier replacing the BEService_x64.exe file was one of the first things I did, but just for the kicks of it, I followed the link you provided, re-downloaded it and overwritten the file in DayZ's BattleEye folder. Starting up DayZ resoulted the same blue screen with the same file highlighted in the viewer afterwards.

I've yet to find anything that would've at least prevented my rig from completely crashing upon starting DayZ and unless someone coming up with another workaround that I didn't try yet, I'll just wait for the next update and cross my fingers in the hopes the devs gonna do something about it.

Edited by ColemanV

6 hours ago, ColemanV said:

I'm familiar with the BSOD abbreviation itself - given that I started using PCs in the DOS era moving over to PCs from the Commodore 64 - but I don't use it in this form, and I can tell you from experience a whole bunch of folk don't use the abbreviation either.

Anyhow, as I mentioned it earlier replacing the BEService_x64.exe file was one of the first things I did, but just for the kicks of it, I followed the link you provided, re-downloaded it and overwritten the file in DayZ's BattleEye folder. Starting up DayZ resoulted the same blue screen with the same file highlighted in the viewer afterwards.

I've yet to find anything that would've at least prevented my rig from completely crashing upon starting DayZ and unless someone coming up with another workaround that I didn't try yet, I'll just wait for the next update and cross my fingers in the hopes the devs gonna do something about it.

You could report it in the troubleshooter and open a ticket with Battleye....