felixdoni

I just don't have any words left.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:04 PM, pilgrim* said:

Organ hit zones are never going to be added to DayZ -

old thread but have you even watched wobos last video? shots to vital organs or head are the only way to kill a player right now and each organ has its own health stat. that is if the video is still uptodate at least.

• Beans 1

Just now, Buakaw said:

old thread but have you even watched wobos last video? shots to vital organs or head are the only way to kill a player right now and each organ has its own health stat. that is if the video is still uptodate at least.

yes - I think the vital organs are just one zone ..  might be a funny 3D shape,  but I don't think a hit to the spleen is different to a hit to the liver or the lung, kidney, or heart. Call it "body core" ...  No message comes back to local telling you which organ was hit (except "brain" hit = headshot ).  It's fine if I'm wrong, got no axe to grind.. but I don't think a shot though the heart  "exists" as a separate unique hit registration. I will definitely check out his video though if I can -  not seen it.  He talks plenty sense.

thanx

9 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

yes - I think the vital organs are just one zone ..  might be a funny 3D shape,  but I don't think a hit to the spleen is different to a hit to the liver or the lung, kidney, or heart. Call it "body core" ...  No message comes back to local telling you which organ was hit (except "brain" hit = headshot ).  It's fine if I'm wrong, got no axe to grind.. but I don't think a shot though the heart  "exists" as a separate unique hit registration. I will definitely check out his video though if I can -  not seen it.  He talks plenty sense.

thanx

could be simplified once again. could be the output is simply not there. the standing of the video is also that you cannot kill a player even with a 100 shots to the leg. I am not sure that is the case anymore. Probably I will just shoot myself in the leg next time I find a pistol to find out.

edit: went prone, shot at my own legs, bullet went thru. test needs 2 subjects.

edit v2:  yellow health after 4 shots in the foot. dead after ~3-4 shots to the leg from full health. weapon: mp5, point blank range.

Edited by Buakaw
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Buakaw said:

could be simplified once again. could be the output is simply not there. the standing of the video is also that you cannot kill a player even with a 100 shots to the leg. I am not sure that is the case anymore. Probably I will just shoot myself in the leg next time I find a pistol to find out.

edit: went prone, shot at my own legs, bullet went thru. test needs 2 subjects.

Try shooting someone from the side through the jaw (teeth) .. that should miss the "brain" I guess.. ?
Another thing I notice, is there SEEMS no way of knowing if you have been hit in the left shoulder, wrist or arm -  or right leg, foot - or butt.. unless you get a "broken leg" (shock in lower half of body) any of those count as a bleeding wound, without knowing where it is ...  I guess shooting someone sideways through the jaw should be the same.. - that is definitely not a brain/spine-stem hit. 
but all I was claiming is that the standard shooting-range human target - marking head area & body core - is good enough. Anything outside those 2 key zones should not kill a healthy player (like hits to the foot for instance) however many they take until they bleed out. 

The idea of the "vital areas" - was to avoid killing someone by shooting their foot, or so you couldn't kill them if you hit their elbow glitching through a wall..  that's how I understand it.

Just -  it's kind of odd that you're HIT but no one knows where (not even you) if you've taken a bullet in your right shoulder,  or your left hand,  or lower groin, or if it went through your buttocks, or it took your nose off - but really, no problem .. is NOT problem..  I  don't expect field surgery to be specialized in DayZ anytime soon ..  didn't aim to start an argument - You either "bandage" the dude or you don't, so who cares WHERE ? Makes no difference -  & Splints always go on the LEGS because you cant break an ARM.  - that's ok.  Makes life easier for the medics and the shooters.  I guess this is why the police and military all use those standard  < Head/Body Core >  targets in the first place.

5 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Try shooting someone from the side through the jaw (teeth) .. that should miss the "brain" I guess.. ?
Another thing I notice, is there SEEMS no way of knowing if you have been hit in the left shoulder, wrist or arm -  or right leg, foot - or butt.. unless you get a "broken leg" (shock in lower half of body) any of those count as a bleeding wound, without knowing where it is ...  I guess shooting someone sideways through the jaw should be the same.. - that is definitely not a brain/spine-stem hit. 
but all I was claiming is that the standard shooting-range human target - marking head area & body core - is good enough. Anything outside those 2 key zones should not kill a healthy player (like hits to the foot for instance) however many they take until they bleed out. 

The idea of the "vital areas" - was to avoid killing someone by shooting their foot, or so you couldn't kill them if you hit their elbow glitching through a wall..  that's how I understand it.

Just -  it's kind of odd that you're HIT but no one knows where (not even you) if you've taken a bullet in your right shoulder,  or your left hand,  or lower groin, or if it went through your buttocks, or it took your nose off - but really, no problem .. is NOT problem..  I  don't expect field surgery to be specialized in DayZ anytime soon ..  didn't aim to start an argument - You either "bandage" the dude or you don't, so who cares WHERE ? Makes no difference -  & Splints always go on the LEGS because you cant break an ARM.  - that's ok.  Makes life easier for the medics and the shooters.  I guess this is why the police and military all use those standard  < Head/Body Core >  targets in the first place.

Well I'm pretty sure that the wounded animations will clearly give you an indication of where you've been hit, not to mention being in 3pp you can easily see where you're bleeding from 

14 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Yeah in the older days of "thought" messages in the bottom left corner, your character would say my "arm is broken" and you could hardly aim anymore. Or "my leg is broken" and you'd be on the ground, crawling. I hope they don't change it to something like "bandage arm, bandage leg, put a splint on left leg..." I really don't want to put a splint on my healthy limb by accidentally mouse clicking wrong. But we need some indicators to know immediately what is the damage our character has suffered.

15 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

you can easily see where you're bleeding from 

Did you ever see anyone losing blood from a foot or from one arm ? - I never saw that yet - (I guess I just haven't lived)  - did you ever break an arm in DayZ ?
I miss out on so much of the stuff other players experience in this game.

So if you shoot someone in the left leg, it will be definitely the left leg that drags because it is broken, not the right ? And if you shoot them in the left leg, they cant ever have a right leg break - and how can you tell if they do.. depends which side you put the splint on ?

and if you're bleeding from the knee, bandaging your arm just wont help ?

ya know - I have NO PROBLEM with this stuff..
I just look at the two Dev diagrams Emuthreat put up - the 'old' and 'new' hit-zones  ..  and I say "HEyY it looks like now ANYWHERE that is not 'vital' is just superficial.. but you cant tell in the 'new' where the 'superficial' hit is located.. could be your bum right elbow or your left foot ?  Well, it seems like you CAN tell what region a superficial wound is located using the 'old' system.. but it LOOKS LIKE you can't anymore..
so if you're a shootist - for all practical purposes - use your gun like you're on the range and aim for one of the TWO key areas that we all and love .. BodyCore or Head..   plus if you hit the guy somewhere below the waist he might get a broken leg.. but I STILL don"t see any way of one-shot through <<the heart>> killing him stone dead.. ( which some shootists might think is a pity ? )

There is definitely no info comes back to your local game to tell you which SPECIFIC part of the body has been hit, except for the one info = hit to "brain" which can call <headshot>  on your local machine. their isn't any "left leg" or "right arm" info sent back to your PC, so there's no way your PC can do a ragdoll animation corresponding to a hit in that specific area -  except for "headshot" your PC does not KNOW where your player was hit ( and the general 'life' damage values if you are still alive ) .

Edited by pilgrim*

1 minute ago, pilgrim* said:

you ever seen anyone bleeding from a foot or an arm ? - I never saw that - (I guess I just haven't lived)  - did you ever break an arm in DayZ ?

So if you shoot someone in the left leg, it will be definitely the left leg that drags because it is broken, not the right ?

Broken bones use to be in(remember all the rage posts about gun shaking?) and yes, that was the plan of the wound system they talked about many moons ago.  Whether if it's still a plan is beyond me at this point.

• Beans 1

18 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Did you ever see anyone losing blood from a foot or from one arm ? - I never saw that - (I guess I just haven't lived)  - did you ever break an arm in DayZ ?

So if you shoot someone in the left leg, it will be definitely the left leg that drags because it is broken, not the right ?

and if you're bleeding from the knee, bandaging your arm just wont help ?

bleeding from hit areas is already a thing (got shot in the foot and bled from it), however bandies work like a plug in the bathtub; area specific bandies are post 1.0 stuff I think.

Edited by Buakaw
  • Beans 1

42 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

bleeding from hit areas is already a thing (got shot in the foot and bled from it), however bandies work like a plug in the bathtub; area specific bandies are post 1.0 stuff I think.

thanx Buakaw & GS .. didn't find any info on body regions in the PC scripts. Also haven't noticed it in-game.. but that's COOL. thanx.

<< ongoing work being done on the new damage system and ballistics >>  [Dev statement]
- That "ongoing work" was already set up and ready to go 9 months ago.  But since then we know they have changed their attitude to  ballistics (see Gews comments).. so how far they have gone ahead on the new hit system, I don't know..  or if they still intend to advance, I don't know?  Already - if you are shot in your right shoulder (non vital) or in your left elbow (non vital) and only that single part of your body bleeds visibly - that's a new step.  And not dropping dead if you are shot in the hand or foot, is definitely Good.   But not very very new.

And really I am NOT complaining. I aim for head or torso like anyone in a firefight would do (?)  Outside those areas is a flesh wound. That's great for 98% of DayZ situations. 

- this whole discussion started off with PandahFistophacleezeSykes   "how come a helmet protects your from being shot in the face"

- to me that's  like "why can't you cut a player's throat with a boot knife"

Edited by pilgrim*

afaik organ damage was removed in the search of the hitreg issues, and was since then not re-activated, that might be why it doesn't appear in the code

right now you have the old simple damage zones i think (head, upper + lower torso, limbs)

as to the devs fixing DayZ before 2019, i have said it right at the first status update when they announced the plans to bring us a 1.0 version before end of 2018: it won't happen with the speed the devs work at

given that in the last weeks they fixed a lot of bugs, they also re-introduced a lot of old bugs that plagued pre-0.62 versions for months, which makes me believe that they have a hidden bug somewhere resulting from bringing back so many items

zombies used to work really good, now they bug through floors and doors again, warp around like an anime supervillain and give you a heart attack

there has been this really annoying bug with the headlamp being backwards for weeks, which should be a simple config change for that specific item

car physics worked better in Arma 2 vanilla... let that sink in... yes, the cars are now more detailed, with suspension etc, but when they handle like a bugged bethesda ragdoll, the problem lies deep in the engine physics calculation, these physics problems have been solved years ago in other games

the devs stated that the balancing of basically everything will happen in beta, yet there is still SO much to re-evaluate regarding hunger, thirst, stamina, bleeding, shock damage, becoming unconcious... the list goes on

i can understand that the devs are just humans, thats why i am baffled who forced them to the decision to bring 1.0 this year, i can just not believe that they seriously believe they can handle this in the next three weeks, i just don't see it

• Beans 2

On 17.11.2018 at 3:13 PM, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

Why would Helmets that don’t cover the face , protect your face ? Your logic is broken on that one . The only one that protects your face is ummm the one with the face shield ? lol 

Dude, read closely. 

I said the exact opposite.

Helmets that don't cover the face actually protect the face in this game.

If you shoot your buddy who wears a helmet in the face, that will be 100% no headshot.

Shit's broken asf.

• Beans 1