ImpulZ

Stable Update 0.63.149464

Has anyone mentioned the issue where you have light source eg, spotlights, car headlights etc where they show glare in 3pp but if you change to 1pp the lightsource disappears? Ive noticed this issue and it is immersion breaking as the method im using is to block players from seeing past the light source but its easy to "cheat" and go into 1pp and see past the light source as it disappears in 1pp.

• Beans 1

Didn't even fix the fucking memory leak with persistence either, peoples bases still disappearing.

• Beans 1

Can you devs work on this important shit rather then fix fucking sounds when people enter bushes...………. Jesus.

• Beans 1

Played all day in official servers. No crashes. 

Seems you recover far too quickly from wet and cold (not that I'm complaining at the moment since it is pouring rain 90% of the time :) ).

Still wish day/night wasn't tied to server time, and wasn't 1:1... Something like 5 hours day and 3 hours night might be good (8 hour total cycle). That way, if I log on at the same time every day, I'm on the opposite schedule of what I was the previous day. For example, let's say it gets dark at 6pm on Monday and I log in at 6pm every day. This means, that Monday, it is dark, Tuesday it is light, Wednesday it is dark, etc, etc, etc. 

3 in-game days per 24-hour real life day. That way it's not always day, or always night, for people who login around the same time every day.

• Beans 4

Server crashes started to happen more frequently. All of a sudden no message received appears for no reason. Also, the tents I placed are already in place so didnt have any problem with persistence right now.

• Like 1

Ugh persistance and vehicles need to be fixed like ASAP .

There’s really no point in playing at all if it keeps disappearing or being destroyed by one little bump when all of our shits in it . Fix basebuilding , Fix vehicles (vehicles need less fuel consumption , need to be less fragile , and need to be less rare) and add in all the weapons you took out .

why did you guys even take out weapons for beta ? I don’t understand why you needed to beCause they were already modeled and programmed , why take work you had completed and just throw it in the garbage ? 

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes

16 hours ago, kmiles1990 said:

Can you devs work on this important shit rather then fix fucking sounds when people enter bushes...………. Jesus.

If you're such a fucking genius, why don't you fucking fix it for them?

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 5

1 hour ago, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

why did you guys even take out weapons for beta ? I don’t understand why you needed to beCause they were already modeled and programmed , why take work you had completed and just throw it in the garbage ? 

Because of the new engine.

Okay which weapons are disabled ? Because I keep finding AKM's, M4's, mp5 and ump's.

I think he mean : Blazer, red9, glock, etc... the pre 0.63 weapons. And the "leaked" weapons from youtube videos and mods like Desert Eagle and tazer.

But those weapon arent tossed away, im sure the most of them will return later.

Edited by polini
  • Like 1

are tents and backpacks persisting at the moment (if placed on the ground)? Just trying to determine how much stock I should put in persistence on the official servers before storing good stuff in them.

edit: and, I just got my face blown off 5 minutes after logging on... oops. 

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)

Having played some on and off this Saturday after following the development closely each week and all the bunch of patches that arrived. Usually I play a bit, but this Saturday I finally found some time for some hourly long sessions.

In short I see the progess in making the game less buggy but there are still lots of things to fix, pretty crucial ones as well.

• Two times my hands were bugged and thus could not put anything in my hands anymore. No idea what created this problem
  • Sometimes during a melee fight with the infected, the infected will go through my body
  • It is annoying when the infected make a hit sound each time that I hit them with my fists, knife or any other fast attack
  • Little bit too much food/drinks around now. It used to be better but with beta there is simply too much. Within a short time my backpack was loaded with food
  • The aggro tweaks to the infected are great but now it seems that their pathfinding took two steps back. They have a lot of problems reaching me and I can easily lose them. Plus they just seem to stop most of the times and then continue to chase me after standing still for a couple of seconds
  • The damage output of infected got nerfed as well. Why? They finally were actually dangerous! Now I can take a load of hits before I even get the small limp animation
  • From all the time bleeding to no bleeding from infected attacks? Just give it a certain percentage like 40% to get a bleed infect when hit
  • Love the dark nights but they are simply too long on Stable servers. Even on Experimental you are pushing it. A server I played on today went from high to low pop when it became dark. Now I do not think that nerfing the darkness is the solution, instead you should make the nights shorter. 30min would be a sweetspot
  • The footstep sounds of goats were not matching their actual movements
  • When I was playing with a friend, I could barely hear his gun shots outside the house I was in

There are probably some more that I forgot right now. Hope to see the crucial bugs fixed as well as improving/fixing important aspects of the game such as the infected. I also hope to see some balancing coming as well in the upcoming weeks, as December is coming near and thus 1.0. Currently temperature and diseases, two important survival elements, are worthless. I really hope to see those two features make a real impact on the game again soon.

Edited by amadieus
  • Thanks 1

Server restarts / crashes are resetting positions of vehicles . This is extremely frustrating because me and a friend found two cars tonight and both times we filled the cars with tires batteries etc only to go find more car parts and have the server crash minutes after ... upon logging back in the car is always gone . 

something with persistence or vehicles is cleaning up the servers cars on every server crash / sudden disconnect.

TLDR: vehicles disappear upon server crash , they also are far too fragile and disappear if you bump the radiator .. also the gas consumption is way too high. 

13 hours ago, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

Ugh persistance and vehicles need to be fixed like ASAP .

There’s really no point in playing at all if it keeps disappearing or being destroyed by one little bump when all of our shits in it . Fix basebuilding , Fix vehicles (vehicles need less fuel consumption , need to be less fragile , and need to be less rare) and add in all the weapons you took out .

Who said they threw it in the garbage? You do realize that even if they had them ready, they could just hold them back until they felt the client/server was stable enough?

5 hours ago, amadieus said:

Having played some on and off this Saturday after following the development closely each week and all the bunch of patches that arrived. Usually I play a bit, but this Saturday I finally found some time for some hourly long sessions.

In short I see the progess in making the game less buggy but there are still lots of things to fix, pretty crucial ones as well.

• Two times my hands were bugged and thus could not put anything in my hands anymore. No idea what created this problem
  • Sometimes during a melee fight with the infected, the infected will go through my body
  • It is annoying when the infected make a hit sound each time that I hit them with my fists, knife or any other fast attack
  • Little bit too much food/drinks around now. It used to be better but with beta there is simply too much. Within a short time my backpack was loaded with food
  • The aggro tweaks to the infected are great but now it seems that their pathfinding took two steps back. They have a lot of problems reaching me and I can easily lose them. Plus they just seem to stop most of the times and then continue to chase me after standing still for a couple of seconds
  • The damage output of infected got nerfed as well. Why? They finally were actually dangerous! Now I can take a load of hits before I even get the small limp animation
  • From all the time bleeding to no bleeding from infected attacks? Just give it a certain percentage like 40% to get a bleed infect when hit
  • Love the dark nights but they are simply too long on Stable servers. Even on Experimental you are pushing it. A server I played on today went from high to low pop when it became dark. Now I do not think that nerfing the darkness is the solution, instead you should make the nights shorter. 30min would be a sweetspot
  • The footstep sounds of goats were not matching their actual movements

There are probably some more that I forgot right now. Hope to see the crucial bugs fixed as well as improving/fixing important aspects of the game such as the infected. I also hope to see some balancing coming as well in the upcoming weeks, as December is coming near and thus 1.0. Currently temperature and diseases, two important survival elements, are worthless. I really hope to see those two features make a real impact on the game again soon.

Let's say they lowered the availability of food/drinks. Do you know how long you'd survive with all the rain and the effect it has on your thirst/hunger? Not for very long as it depletes pretty quickly.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Let's say they lowered the availability of food/drinks. Do you know how long you'd survive with all the rain and the effect it has on your thirst/hunger? Not for very long as it depletes pretty quickly.

I found the effect to be pretty minimal at the moment. Was sprinting through the rain and never saw any yellow icon popping up. 

Sure it depends on what you do as well, as I was moving from town to town and was looting all the time. Maybe I would agree with you when I'm building a base deep in the forest, dunno haven't done that. But as a solo player, going from town to town, it was just too easy.

I don't say it has to be the same as the earlier 0.63 versions but a good balance has to be found, especially when diseases and temperature actually start to work properly. Nevertheless, currently these features barley affected my character, resulting in me having a ton load of food and drinks

• Beans 2

Hi all.

Crafted silencers after getting ruined status continue to work while they are on your weapon. Please check how it works on ordinary silencers.

Edited by remastyi

Some more feedback after playing this Sunday morning:

• Infected sometimes do not aggro on some moments when I am right infront of them
  • I could not light a fireplace in the woods with matches. It was not raining and the fireplace had sticks as fuel and rags as kindling
  • The ghost mode of placing an item (such as the fireplace) is almost invisible during the night

Very sad.  Played Dayz yesterday ok, but today! nothing as I keep getting the blue screen of death when I get to the main page.  It has happened a couple of times before, but it's consistent today.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Who said they threw it in the garbage? You do realize that even if they had them ready, they could just hold them back until they felt the client/server was stable enough?

Stable enough for weapons ? Buddy you do realize that the game was stable enough for weapons the very first day of alpha ? the game feels so shallow right now with broken persistence , vehicles , and basebuilding why not just throw in a bunch of weapons and items that we are all missing plus the new weapons they’ve showcased on trello years ago ?

will you really defend anything they do this blindly ? You really have a problem with them adding in completed weapons?

jesus Christ I heard these forums were filled with toxicity , but didn’t realize just how far you will blindly defend all poor game design decisions . More weapons and items that are complete = more patience the general public has that the BIG stuff isn’t fixed yet (you know base building , persistence , vehicles , which are all broken right now and feel like it’s a stress test instead of a “stable” beta - developers words NOT MINE).

The big stuff that matters is broken so give us the completed pipeline of weapons plus what you took away from us - it shouldn’t be hard and it only has positive effects , if you (developers) are planning on adding these weapons then it’s now or never cuz you already missed the proper implementation chance (alpha is for adding , beta is for polishing).

7 hours ago, amadieus said:

I found the effect to be pretty minimal at the moment. Was sprinting through the rain and never saw any yellow icon popping up. 

Sure it depends on what you do as well, as I was moving from town to town and was looting all the time. Maybe I would agree with you when I'm building a base deep in the forest, dunno haven't done that. But as a solo player, going from town to town, it was just too easy.

I don't say it has to be the same as the earlier 0.63 versions but a good balance has to be found, especially when diseases and temperature actually start to work properly. Nevertheless, currently these features barley affected my character, resulting in me having a ton load of food and drinks

Agreed . It’s very easy to survive right now . A friend and I have been doing nothing but testing vehicles and persistence / durability of basebuilding without paying much attention to survival (cold/rain is the only stopping factor).. not only is it easy enough to survive off of the canned goods zombies give , but also incredibly easy to loot enough food from towns and hunt animals (finally more animals spawned in).

I like being able to actually find food but it may be a bit much right now (Just tone down the amount of food found in zombies maybe).

The freezing effect (temperature) in the rain has too less consequences IMO. My temperature icon meanwhile was on dark blue outside in the rain (dark night). Hearing the atmospheric freezing shivering breathing sound, together with the visible breath I almost felt the coldness in my room (very well done!).

Finally found a house, entered and what? The temperature icon was on white (normal) again after 1-2 minutes. Way too fast. The window panes were broken (ok, almost no sound from outside - an issue that was noticed by others as well), it should take much longer to get comfortable again. I didn't need to change or remove my clothes, nothing. Also the drenched stuff in the inventory became dry again pretty fast (don't remember how long it took).

Maybe I'm used to 0.62 too much where you needed a raincoat (or a fire) to survive a shower of rain :-D but this needs some tweaking in my opinion. The sense of coldness outside doesn't fit to the fast recuperation inside.

EDIT: 

Ok, I remembered something that makes me feel a little bit like an idiot... I had a heat pack with me. I don't know if it's related - if yes, then I think that the recuperation speed would be somewhat ok, but nevertheless even then I doubt that such a small pack would give so much warmth so that the player is 100% fine again after 2 minutes.. Will have to test it again. In any case it would be good to hear from others what their experience was (with or without heat pack).

Edited by Undeceived
  • Like 1
  • Beans 3

For those getting BSOD, just a thought but try deleting the DayZ folder (with Steam and the game shut down) in your Documents folder and then try it.  This will get rid of any current character you have going, but might be worth it.  I deleted my folder prior to downloading the first Beta patch and I've not had any blue screens on any patch, including this one.

• Beans 1