Sign in to follow this  
redmantab

Rumor Clarification. Overall, what is in and what is out for .63 / Beta?

Title says it all - trying to discover what is in and out currently.  I'm hearing many items were pulled back for .63 and beta...but read status reports which state base building is in etc.  Head Torches are or are not broken?  What is best to see at night currently in game?   I always try and give Dayz another glance every few months and am considering another peak.  

Overall, can someone share what major new features are in or are pulled?  Links are welcome (can't find any).  

Edited by redmantab

4 hours ago, redmantab said:

Title says it all - trying to discover what is in and out currently.  I'm hearing many items were pulled back for .63 and beta...but read status reports which state base building is in etc.  Head Torches are or are not broken?  What is best to see at night currently in game?   I always try and give Dayz another glance every few months and am considering another peak.  

Overall, can someone share what major new features are in or are pulled?  Links are welcome (can't find any).  

I got you dog!

http://bfy.tw/KryY

Things removed from .62:

-some guns (not sure which, but I swear we’re still missing some, and of course still waiting for half a dozen to be implemented)

-fishing

-farming 

-throwing

-custom keybinding

-controller support (wtf ? Isn’t it on xbox ?)

Some others maybe missing , these are just off the top of my head . I REALLY hope that these features / guns get re-added  ASAP as they added so much to the game it’s mot even funny .. I’m not going to stop playing because of their absence but I am missing them greatly .

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes

Thank you for the replies. I honestly just can't figure out whether .62 or .63 or what I should be looking at now anyway?

There's so many threads about what's in the game and out of the game I can't tell what's in now or what may be in or out by the end of the year when it gets fully released?

Any polite direction welcomed. 

Head torch worked like 2 weeks ago. But last times i have tried it. I can turn it on but its off when i put it on my head. Then it works again on the ground.

No idea how to turn the combat scopes on. Sometimes its hard to know what is bugged and what i poor design choices. 

Edited by Evilsausage

Head lamps do work whilst on your head but the light shines directly out of the back of the character models head lmao. You'd need another player with you to see it though as even in third person you can't see it tbh. But I'd advise not wearing it on your head turned on and walking through the night as your sending a bat signal into the sky lol

Thanks for the info.  Can we get into some overall detail here?  I've got info found on .63, then .62, then what is supposed to be in by the end of the year.  

Essentially, whats in now (brief list), what's out until when (brief list), and is more dropping by the end of the year?  Ty in advance.  Google searches are bringing up far too varied an answer.

Hey man. You got some info from others up there. Well the short overall details, that'd be really an unpleasant job to do for us regular users. I mean it is complicated as there's so much to list, items and features. There's so much reading in dayz.com status reports which I understand people find painful to get through. Also they're linked and discussed on in the forum posts. I guess you're right asking for something like that from the devs but they do try to keep it essential. This forum post is for the latest stable patch.

Same with the deadlines. What, how much and when, you probably know how it was with Dayz but other games too, as is in life. You add something, it breaks the game entirely and you have a mess. What is now in this stable patch game item and feature wise, after bug squashing and balancing in this beta period, is what is supposed to be in final 1.0 release by the end of this year. After the game release, they'll be adding stuff back that was in the early access prior to adding this new .62>.63 switch. And probably some new things.