McPhorce

We could use an update... How is anyone still playing?

How long has it been since we were updated on the progress that is being made on the console version? In my opinion the last update hardly even counted, seeing as all it covered was hot fixes for the minuscule problems... There is no freshness to this game anymore. I truly must ask you all what are you even doing to keep it fun? I've run out of ideas. It's so effing bland with no sickness, no stick ups, constant rain, lack of weapons and gear... I mean I understand having a few good weeks on these servers but surely there can't be people playing everyday... What is the appeal at this point?

Well I can't get on every day as I work for a living but I'm on fairly often and it's still fresh for me. 

I'm not sure exactly what people expected the game to be like but the game as it currently stands is not really that different to the original. 

I look forward to vehicles and base building but for me the selling point of the game is the fact that there are no objectives and you make your own story. Human interaction has always been key in this game. Just go back and look at frankie or blackout videos or any other dayz YouTuber for that matter. Yes, new guns would be nice, but it doesn't alter the fundamental mechanics and dynamics of the game. 

Base building and vehicles will be cool too, we just have to be patient for it. But dayz has always been hours of roaming around countryside and towns looting up and then interspersed with random encounters with other players. How you interact with those players is what makes the game for you. 

Maybe if base building is a really big thing for you, try Ark:Survival Evolved. Persistent servers with a deep crafting and base building mechanic. 

But dayz as it stands is really the core game. All the extra stuff you're waiting for is just decoration. It's like me saying that CoD had lost its appeal because it doesn't have open world survival aspects to it. I think if you accept dayz for what it essentially is you'll enjoy it more. Or if not, then maybe it isn't the game for you. It happens, you buy a game with certain expectations of what it will be like and then it isn't. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 5

One way to keep it fresh might be to post a deal in recruitment about willing to teach others the basics that are available on survival end ect. Make some extra contacts and maybe stir up different scenarios I think a lot of people are still struggling might kill some time till next update ?

Mapping a pc game to a console controller and making everything work seamlessly isn't a small project. Sniping in elektro is always fun, I've been trying to shoot to wound but my targets keep bleeding out before I can make it over to them 

• Like 1

There is nothing to do but pvp at the moment, with all 7 different guns we have and its getting old and boring real quick.

I hope we get content update real soon, so i can get back in the DayZ!

• Beans 1

On 11/14/2018 at 3:51 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Well I can't get on every day as I work for a living but I'm on fairly often and it's still fresh for me. 

I'm not sure exactly what people expected the game to be like but the game as it currently stands is not really that different to the original. 

I look forward to vehicles and base building but for me the selling point of the game is the fact that there are no objectives and you make your own story. Human interaction has always been key in this game. Just go back and look at frankie or blackout videos or any other dayz YouTuber for that matter. Yes, new guns would be nice, but it doesn't alter the fundamental mechanics and dynamics of the game. 

Base building and vehicles will be cool too, we just have to be patient for it. But dayz has always been hours of roaming around countryside and towns looting up and then interspersed with random encounters with other players. How you interact with those players is what makes the game for you. 

Maybe if base building is a really big thing for you, try Ark:Survival Evolved. Persistent servers with a deep crafting and base building mechanic. 

But dayz as it stands is really the core game. All the extra stuff you're waiting for is just decoration. It's like me saying that CoD had lost its appeal because it doesn't have open world survival aspects to it. I think if you accept dayz for what it essentially is you'll enjoy it more. Or if not, then maybe it isn't the game for you. It happens, you buy a game with certain expectations of what it will be like and then it isn't. 

Active disease, Temperature, Hold your breathe while sniping, Wider spectrum of weapons, More gear, fishing, these are not decoration... They are essential to the game.

• Beans 1

On 11/14/2018 at 3:51 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

As it stands, the game is garbage. SOME of the extra stuff we're waiting for is just for decoration. A lot of it are core mechanics, systems, and items that improve the game immensly. Most of which help slow the game's pacing so survivors aren't geared up 1 hour after a fresh spawn.

As it stands there are plenty of reasons of why we have such a small community and following. Shit being labeled and prioritised as flavoring and decorations being the main reasons.

• Beans 3

Logged on at peak times this saturday. One server had 23 players and the rest ranged from 5-1 player...

They are killing this game without even knowing it.

They should first learn how the console players mindset is and how demanding we are.

We are more than 120 million console players spread across 3 major consoles, we take shit from no developers.

Screw us once...

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

And so will Bohemia. They got two Xbox exclusive games, Dayz (apart from PC) and Vigor. Both of them have a very low player base as of now.

DayZ are coming to PS4 Q1 2019 and it wont be pretty.. look at PUBG,  in 3 weeks it's out on ps4. Based on player views it does not look good for PUBG on ps4.

I believe the majority of console owners are fed up with buggy, broken alpha and beta versions of games, fed up with lies, lazy developers, the non-transparacy, the hefty pricetags and so on....

We've seen studios crash and burn, lawsuits and so on.

• Beans 1

On 11/14/2018 at 12:42 AM, McPhorce said:

How long has it been since we were updated on the progress that is being made on the console version?

Hi, are you new here ?

• Haha 3

On 11/19/2018 at 12:24 PM, pilgrim* said:

Hi, are you new here ?

Hi, are you still here?? In the console forums that is...

play nice...

I understand the frustrations, but I've also been having a blast meeting new people and performing anti-bandit patrols. Big update coming soon, keep it classy! :)

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

I understand the frustrations, but I've also been having a blast meeting new people and performing anti-bandit patrols. Big update coming soon, keep it classy! :)

The news of the Big update has restored hope within me. Put the game down for awhile so I could get my toes wet in some of the new big titles that came out. It's time to put those down and pick DayZ back up though. Super pumped for the update! Thank you for understanding my frustration. There are a few old bitter PC players, that fill their time by trolling the console forums, spamming me with their tales of long waiting periods. I see it to be irrelevant. This is a game preview title and is expected to be polished enough for a final product within' a 1 year time limit. I didn't see this happening with the slow roll progress. Now that I see this big update coming, I see that my expectations are fairly in line with the devs. I've come to the conclusion that PC players are bitter and if it was up to them... We would be waiting 4 more years for this update hahha

• Like 1

22 hours ago, McPhorce said:

<<Hi, are you still here?? In the console forums that is..>>.  //
&
<<PC players are bitter and if it was up to them... We would be waiting 4 more years for this update>>

<< DayZ SA is now almost unplayable >>
blog quote Aug 13 2013 
that would be .. er .. a few years before you joined ?    oh Dude, you should have been there ! You would have loved it.

Read up on how in-house software development tools (often proprietary built )  run on the GDs servers to create a FULL MODEL of the game -NOT what YOU call "the game" -  that MODEL is then TRANSLATED into the PC Version and sent out out in the real network and home-machine world - it often introduces changes and we often spot weaknesses or glitches and we often propose ideas, better ways of doing things, and there are OFTEN updates, and the game evolves.

Then along came Xbox.

and so this TRANSLATION from the BI DEVELOPMENT MODEL is now ALSO translated into a PC version that MUST FIT Xbox parameters. This is WHY so much work has been going on since Xbox was brought into the structure - even though a LOT of that work "seems to be" around PC.. in fact it is 95% FOR Xbox

So - what you call 'unimportant" & "tiny" is in fact CORE FUNCTIONALITY.. YOU just don't notice it in the game..

What you call "Important" is superficial.. crafting combos (for instance) are SUPERFICIAL..  .. many items and actions  are kept out of the way to not clutter up and confuse the play with multiple simple systems and items that malfunction for one or two CORE reasons. Until that CORE is smooth, everything added - that stuff that looks flashy to YOU however MANY items and combos they are -  will not work, for the same few CORE reasons..  The development now is to the CORE functionality and when it runs smoothly and ROBUSTLY, all the glittery stuff you want to play with will be stuck on like decorations on your Christmas tree.

You can help this process (feedback tracker) .. or you can say " Ive been here a whole two months and my ALREADY 65 POSTS of complaint haven't changed anything.. "

Check out ROBUST - it's a software developer word.

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*

On 11/21/2018 at 12:26 PM, pilgrim* said:

<< DayZ SA is now almost unplayable >>
blog quote Aug 13 2013 
that would be .. er .. a few years before you joined ?    oh Dude, you should have been there ! You would have loved it.

Read up on how in-house software development tools (often proprietary built )  run on the GDs servers to create a FULL MODEL of the game -NOT what YOU call "the game" -  that MODEL is then TRANSLATED into the PC Version and sent out out in the real network and home-machine world - it often introduces changes and we often spot weaknesses or glitches and we often propose ideas, better ways of doing things, and there are OFTEN updates, and the game evolves.

Then along came Xbox.

and so this TRANSLATION from the BI DEVELOPMENT MODEL is now ALSO translated into a PC version that MUST FIT Xbox parameters. This is WHY so much work has been going on since Xbox was brought into the structure - even though a LOT of that work "seems to be" around PC.. in fact it is 95% FOR Xbox

So - what you call 'unimportant" & "tiny" is in fact CORE FUNCTIONALITY.. YOU just don't notice it in the game..

What you call "Important" is superficial.. crafting combos (for instance) are SUPERFICIAL..  .. many items and actions  are kept out of the way to not clutter up and confuse the play with multiple simple systems and items that malfunction for one or two CORE reasons. Until that CORE is smooth, everything added - that stuff that looks flashy to YOU however MANY items and combos they are -  will not work, for the same few CORE reasons..  The development now is to the CORE functionality and when it runs smoothly and ROBUSTLY, all the glittery stuff you want to play with will be stuck on like decorations on your Christmas tree.

You can help this process (feedback tracker) .. or you can say " Ive been here a whole two months and my ALREADY 65 POSTS of complaint haven't changed anything.. "

Check out ROBUST - it's a software developer word.

xxp

I don't have 65 posts of complaining... I do report bugs when I encounter them. You say all of those things are "superficial" when in reality they are some of the only things keeping people from going full blown PvP. When there are more things to manage, and more special items to be found on loot missions, People are less likely to engage in shoot on site combat, when they have an ulterior motive in mind. As it stands on xbox, there was nothing to grind towards. We will see how this new content update changes that dynamic. 

Loving the new update! only had a short time to try it out but my oh my! It is riddled with new items and clothing. I had three interactions and none of them ended with PvP, In fact I made some friends. This is the freshness I was waiting for. Good on yah BI.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:42 AM, McPhorce said:

There is no freshness to this game anymore. I truly must ask you all what are you even doing to keep it fun? I've run out of ideas. It's so effing bland with no sickness, no stick ups, constant rain, lack of weapons and gear.

16 hours ago, McPhorce said:

You say all of those things are "superficial" when in reality they are some of the only things keeping people from going full blown PvP. When there are more things to manage, and more special items to be found on loot missions, People are less likely to engage in shoot on site combat,

No point putting in the doors, windows, roof, carpets, and the beds for the kiddies, until you've built the foundations. Don't know how much you understand about programming - but if you haven't finished the foundations , the doors on the top floor won't work.

<< In-house software development tools ( proprietary built )  run on the GDs servers to create a FULL MODEL of the game -NOT what YOU call "the game" -  that MODEL is then TRANSLATED into the PC Version and sent out out to the real network and server/home-machine world - it often introduces changes and we often spot weaknesses or glitches (this has always been the case) and we often propose ideas, bug reports, better ways of doing things, and there are OFTEN updates, and the game evolves.

Then along came Xbox.
Changes this causes in BI development methodology are TOTALLY INVISIBLE to you.

So this TRANSLATION from the BI DEVELOPMENT MODEL is now translated into a "PC version" that MUST ALSO FIT Xbox parameters. This is WHY so much work has been going on since Xbox was brought into the structure - even though a LOT of that work is invisible - and what is seen  "seems to be" around PC.. in fact it is 95+% <<FOR>> Xbox

What you call 'unimportant" & "tiny"  is in fact CORE FUNCTIONALITY.. YOU just don't notice it in the game. (then some folk howl a lot because they don't SEE any in-your-face change).

But what you call "important" as a player, is superficial to the CORE software .. individual crafting combos (for instance) are SUPERFICIAL to the CORE software..  .. many items and actions  are kept out of the way to not clutter up and confuse the play with multiple simple systems and items that malfunction for one or two CORE reasons. Until that CORE is smooth in all it's functionality and RUNS the game  - until then, the stuff that looks flashy to YOU ( however MANY items and combos those are ) -  will not work, all for the same few CORE reasons.. 

The development now is to the CORE functionality and when it runs smoothly and ROBUSTLY, all the glittery stuff you want to play with will be stuck on like marzipan on your cake. >>

I hope this makes BI's focus and ongoing work clearer.   If you think they should put the roof on before they've built the walls, argue it out with the Devs.  But why claim they are dishonest if your bedroom door sticks while they are building the ground floor ? They only put in that door to make you happy while they do the real work.

Edited by pilgrim*

I would agree with pilgrim on this one. I like the stuff they're adding but I was quite happy to wait until they had everything working properly rather than rushing it through to pacify what can only be described as a toxic and impatient mob. 

As for the update creating more meaningful encounters and less pvp... garbage. Nothing will alter that. Two hours into the new update I was shot dead in a field skinning a deer. No warning, no attempt at communication. I was trying to make this point elsewhere. It doesn't matter what you add to the game, it will still have the same ratio of people who either interact or kos. Lots of players have very short attention spans, I call them the MTV generation, and will very quickly get bored of their new toys and start complaining that their toys don't work properly and want new ones. 

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I would agree with pilgrim on this one. I like the stuff they're adding but I was quite happy to wait until they had everything working properly rather than rushing it through to pacify what can only be described as a toxic and impatient mob. 

As for the update creating more meaningful encounters and less pvp... garbage. Nothing will alter that. Two hours into the new update I was shot dead in a field skinning a deer. No warning, no attempt at communication. I was trying to make this point elsewhere. It doesn't matter what you add to the game, it will still have the same ratio of people who either interact or kos. Lots of players have very short attention spans, I call them the MTV generation, and will very quickly get bored of their new toys and start complaining that their toys don't work properly and want new ones. 

I disagree. Had a handful of encounters with people, that I feel wouldn't have happened pre update. I'm thrilled with the update... Yes, it is riddled with bugs, but honestly without some incentive to play, I may have completely lost interest a month from now... I think allot of the player base would have. We aren't all programmers who are content with waiting years for updates...

7 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

No point putting in the doors, windows, roof, carpets, and the beds for the kiddies, until you've built the foundations. Don't know how much you understand about programming - but if you haven't finished the foundations , the doors on the top floor won't work.

<< In-house software development tools ( proprietary built )  run on the GDs servers to create a FULL MODEL of the game -NOT what YOU call "the game" -  that MODEL is then TRANSLATED into the PC Version and sent out out to the real network and server/home-machine world - it often introduces changes and we often spot weaknesses or glitches (this has always been the case) and we often propose ideas, bug reports, better ways of doing things, and there are OFTEN updates, and the game evolves.

Then along came Xbox.
Changes this causes in BI development methodology are TOTALLY INVISIBLE to you.

So this TRANSLATION from the BI DEVELOPMENT MODEL is now translated into a "PC version" that MUST ALSO FIT Xbox parameters. This is WHY so much work has been going on since Xbox was brought into the structure - even though a LOT of that work is invisible - and what is seen  "seems to be" around PC.. in fact it is 95+% <<FOR>> Xbox

What you call 'unimportant" & "tiny"  is in fact CORE FUNCTIONALITY.. YOU just don't notice it in the game. (then some folk howl a lot because they don't SEE any in-your-face change).

But what you call "important" as a player, is superficial to the CORE software .. individual crafting combos (for instance) are SUPERFICIAL to the CORE software..  .. many items and actions  are kept out of the way to not clutter up and confuse the play with multiple simple systems and items that malfunction for one or two CORE reasons. Until that CORE is smooth in all it's functionality and RUNS the game  - until then, the stuff that looks flashy to YOU ( however MANY items and combos those are ) -  will not work, all for the same few CORE reasons.. 

The development now is to the CORE functionality and when it runs smoothly and ROBUSTLY, all the glittery stuff you want to play with will be stuck on like marzipan on your cake. >>

I hope this makes BI's focus and ongoing work clearer.   If you think they should put the roof on before they've built the walls, argue it out with the Devs.  But why claim they are dishonest if your bedroom door sticks while they are building the ground floor ? They only put in that door to make you happy while they do the real work.

I mean 5 years later and the PC version has the same number if not more bugs than the xbox version. I've lost hope in this game being bug free... If you all would like to keep your fingers crossed and wait another 5 years for a completely polished version be my guest... The reality of the situation for myself is that this game is medium fun, and I'd like to go out with a frilly bang before I drop it altogether for a better title. Sorry not sorry.