Sign in to follow this  
nythial

Running around vs guns

So i just played around abit , found myself a shotgun, some ammo and was just looting buildings , i come across some guy with an axe who seems hellbent on killing me on sight , but i figure i have a shotgun , fully loaded and extra ammo so okay if he wants to try sure.

Now he only has a melee weapon so he has to get close to me....a shotgun in real life is a close quarters combat gun , it will blow anything to piece withing a small radius and has a large spread for any targets in front.

Yet in DayZ we can disregard what a shotgun is...because all that guy had to do was run around like a kid who drank 50 cans of Red Bull and my so called spread from the shotgun blast doesnt work at all.....

Wait for his stamina to run out and he will be a sitting duck. Unless you are playing on unlimited stamina community servers, which breaks the melee combat and makes it crazy OP. 

1 hour ago, nythial said:

So i just played around abit , found myself a shotgun, some ammo and was just looting buildings , i come across some guy with an axe who seems hellbent on killing me on sight , but i figure i have a shotgun , fully loaded and extra ammo so okay if he wants to try sure.

Now he only has a melee weapon so he has to get close to me....a shotgun in real life is a close quarters combat gun , it will blow anything to piece withing a small radius and has a large spread for any targets in front.

Yet in DayZ we can disregard what a shotgun is...because all that guy had to do was run around like a kid who drank 50 cans of Red Bull and my so called spread from the shotgun blast doesnt work at all.....

First there are some terrible hit registration issues. This was at the top of r/dayz the other day:

Second if you were using buckshot it has some crazy values which give it extremely low range and therefore presumably extremely low power at any real distance.

• Beans 1

If someone starts running around like crazy, don't follow him, hold the gun on one spot and wait for him to run in your aim. If he is too smart to do that, outsmart him again by doing if you're going to follow him but stop right in front of him. He will think you're aiming in his direction so he changes direction right into your aim and bang. I've used the shotgun twice succesfully. I was trying to hunt deer but I missed and they fled so I was just checking them out if they would come back. Suddenly I hear some footsteps behind me and see a guy come out of a bush with a mosin and blast him away with the shotgun. Kept a possible secondary in mind so laid prone on his body and then I heard more footsteps, immediately aimed in the direction and blasted his buddy away as well.

There was venison on the menu but it turned into some human steaks. It was also the first time I used the turning when prone animation in combat, which was pretty cool. So yes the shotgun does work well but I also know there are some hit registration problems.

Edited by IMT

Player speed is still ridiculously too fast on top of the fact they removed the steep incline slowdown.  The fast movement makes melee horrible and looks terrible

I remember that was a Issue before in DayZ. Kinda hoped the new system would have been fixed the issue. ?

Edited by Evilsausage