SpartTacos

Needs Wheelbarrows

Been trying to get into base building, but running into a problem.  I want to build in a secluded spot for defense but carrying these large items back to base is kind of rough.  So I have been spending hours trying to put a car together to help with this and it hasn’t been going well so far.  I think setting up a simple base camp should be one of the first things the player should be able to do but I do feel vehicles should still be hard to get.  I watched this guy build a wheelbarrow from sticks and bamboo and thought this was the solution.  If you don’t want it to be fully craftable you could make a vehicle tire a required part and subject to maintenance.  Another idea is to allow them to be attached to bikes if they come back in game.  I understand that adding new features is probably the last thing on the devs mind but I feel something like this is sorely need to make the progression feel good.  

• Beans 1

I agree, when the BALLOON goes up, a wheelbarrow is GOING to be a very useful item. Armor on the bottom to USE as a shield

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, SpartTacos said:

Been trying to get into base building, but running into a problem.  I want to build in a secluded spot for defense but carrying these large items back to base is kind of rough. 

That's the whole idea. Base building is part of the "end game" that requires team effort and the use of vehicles. That is if you want to build into a secluded spot.

• Like 1

In what way does "a base" help in defence against anything at all?

This is a subject that has not been looked at, or answered, or questioned, or mentioned, or discussed..  what is the ADVANTAGE of "a base" in ANY kind of gameplay?  Does it "lock", is it vulnerable when you are not online, does it protect you from snipers or does it make you sitting ducks? How do you get in and out? How do other players get in and out? Who does it "belong" to?   - what is it FOR ?

- you have bonfires and parties in there while the "enemy" gets under cover with all his weapons trained on your gate and waits for you to come out ?  Or he waits till you log out and then breaks in and takes all your stuff ???

Who "owns" a base.. is one player the owner and permitted to log in and out inside the base, or can he "nominate" other owners who can also log in and out in there.. and can THEY nominate others or cross them off the list? Or can anyone inside tha base log out and in there, just by walking through the gate into the base ?

How do you "capture" a base so that it is yours and not the previous owners? - the same way you "capture" a tent ? (ie - a tent belongs to anyone who uses it, like a car)..

So WHAT is this imagined "engame" gameplay around bases?  HOW is it different IN ANY WAY from gameplay around any existing standard military structure already planted in the scenery?

Many folk are shouting "bases bases" because it sounds sooooooooo cool, .. er..  for some reason.. but THEN WHAT ??

no answer ?

ANY answer ?

does anyone have any clear idea of how they  expect a "base" to FUNCTION  ??

xxP

: : : : : : : : : :

Wheelbarrows = Yes.
Blankets = Yes.  (many uses, but not one blanket in Chernarus)
Shelters = Yes.  temporary shelters (work like tents) built out of branches, earth,  undergrowth, even planks.. these were mooted a while ago.
Barricading = Yes. able to barricade windows and strengthen doors on existing buildings .. also mooted a while ago

but "bases" ? = Duh.  What are the rules, how is their ownership listed, how do they change hands, what is their advantage, how do they work, what are they for?

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Add more vehicles . Period . 4 vehicles on the map ? SMFH what a pathetic number . I thought we were making progress , not regressing back to the old dayz where there were only 4-8 cars and they were all hidden away at inpenetrable bases in the debug zone .

This game is gonna go downhill if these devs don’t figure out their damn spawn rates and stop trying to be so “hardcore”.

It ruins game balance to only allow a very small elite section of the server to have a vehicle , and even when you get one the damn thing doesn’t even display when it’s goibg to poof and disappear ... what a shaky “beta” this is .

15 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Shelters = Yes.  temporary shelters (work like tents) built out of branches, earth,  undergrowth, even planks.. these were mooted a while ago.
Barricading = Yes. able to barricade windows and strengthen doors on existing buildings .. also mooted a while ago

but "bases" ? = Duh.  What are the rules, how is their ownership listed, how do they change hands, what is their advantage, how do they work, what are they for?

I don't really understand the concept bases either. If I had to pick between "bases" and shelters, I would pick shelters and camps in general just because it just makes more sense. You could still have things like traps, water collectors etc.

I don't mind it though, since it's totally optional.

• Beans 1

15 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Add more vehicles . Period . 4 vehicles on the map ? SMFH what a pathetic number . I thought we were making progress , not regressing back to the old dayz where there were only 4-8 cars and they were all hidden away at inpenetrable bases in the debug zone .

This game is gonna go downhill if these devs don’t figure out their damn spawn rates and stop trying to be so “hardcore”.

It ruins game balance to only allow a very small elite section of the server to have a vehicle , and even when you get one the damn thing doesn’t even display when it’s goibg to poof and disappear ... what a shaky “beta” this is .

they used to say the same thing about helicopters..
now,  "it is every citizens right to have a car and fill it with gas" - didn't some President say that?
we can give up being "hardcore" and have food handouts too..

If you want a car, go steal one.. if you want a base ( - 'because that is where the cars will be - ) then wait till the base builders log off, go in the base and dismantle it, load it in the car, and DRIVE OFF..
Make the game work for you instead of trying to play against the game.

- just my opinion.. Back in the day, I never liked helicopters but I always loved tracking them and fragging them on the ground or shooting them down.

If someone wants to go to all the trouble of getting a car working, then wait till they've done it,  and then take it or destroy it. - Do yourself a favor.