Raptor97

Pls fix the night issue

Beta is so awesome, but pls its always night time, just fix it with normal weather system...

night day rainy windy sunny stuff like that, just make it more dynamic

btw night is perfect, lights have now something useful

Edited by Raptor97

When you go to join a server there is a little icon showing a sun or moon type sign that is to show wether the server is on night or day, also the time is speeded up so it won’t take too long to change from night to day if you wait

Yes but the problem is, its always night, especially when its night on my time location...

It should change much faster.

There are certain servers which have a faster day/night cycle (the ones with the 2 arrows).

Imo night needs improvement. I get, that nighttime should be dark and spooky, but without a flashlight/headtorch you can't even see what's 2 meters infront of you.

• Like 2

Just now, Repa24 said:

There are certain servers which have a faster day/night cycle (the ones with the 2 arrows).

Imo night needs improvement. I get, that nighttime should be dark and spooky, but without a flashlight/headtorch you can't even see what's 2 meters infront of you.

This is why we should spawn with a flashlight and battery like we used to, we start needing food and drink but it’s impossible to find without a light source at night and it’s hard to craft torches when you can’t see, flashlight at spawn would solve this 

48 minutes ago, stonerftm said:

This is why we should spawn with a flashlight and battery like we used to, we start needing food and drink but it’s impossible to find without a light source at night and it’s hard to craft torches when you can’t see, flashlight at spawn would solve this 

yeah that would be perfect, spawning with flashlight and battery

but netherless the night is so dark, thats good! thats how it should be supposed to be :) makes game more immersive

I’ve just spawned in pitch blackness and my screen seems grainy like the movie effects on alien isolation, don’t know if I have a loose monitor cable or my settings changed, gonna try a daytime server see what the picture looks like

02CB257C3830DFF4BC504C6ACDFFD4106DC3E767

this is in 3rd person with head torch on my head light is way above where it should be

Edited by SmokeyFTM

6F17D601F8EA4029C64BB323A317FB608F7C3C52

This is indoors in 1st person with headtorch on my head light is coming from above the house here, so atm I’d say spawning with a flashlight would be better than head torch as there still work to be done, but can’t complain with all the work that’s gone into the new engine there’s more positives than negatives and it’s getting better with every update

Edited by SmokeyFTM
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, SmokeyFTM said:

6F17D601F8EA4029C64BB323A317FB608F7C3C52

This is indoors in 1st person with headtorch on my head light is coming from above the house here, so atm I’d say spawning with a flashlight would be better than head torch as there still work to be done, but can’t complain with all the work that’s gone into the new engine there’s more positives than negatives and it’s getting better with every update

Straight on point mate :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SmokeyFTM said:

8F0338544B62CD9540AD05A9675267B610720755

This is holding headtorch in hands in 1st person works perfect

Why is your head torch red?  Shouldn't it be the same as a flashlight?

Dayz servers
So, are you all telling me there isn't any problems with nights on the servers? Only 3 stable servers are having night atm.

WHAT THAT MEANS:
For most players Dayz is unplayable now because of length of day/night cycle.
You might say: go play on servers with day on. I say: why should i play a game on server based in US or whatever with 350 ms?
I want to play on official servers.

Night isn't a problem itself. The problem is that server time is 1:1 real time, going further... some of us can't even play the game NORMALLY because we work, go to school etc. And when we are able to play some Dayz it's evening and getting dark, so does in Dayz world... Leaving some of us playing 2h with day on servers before needing to switch to server placed in other part of the world with 200+ ms. Just for being able to play day on servers. I wouldn't mind to play 6h daytime, being able to prepare for 3hour night time(find flashlight, get some food, wood, get fireplace going and so on), i would even be stuck to the same server because of progress(bases, vehicles). Now it's impossible to loot food at night and having fireplace going(axe:tree ratio is terrible atm). Not to mention that night with heavy rain is just pointless to play.

I know that Dayz is meant to be hardcore survival game, but it still only a game and meant to be played for having fun, not struggle.

Edit: or add Moon, so it lights up eveything.

Edited by Skania

19 hours ago, Raptor97 said:

Beta is so awesome, but pls its always night time, just fix it with normal weather system...

night day rainy windy sunny stuff like that, just make it more dynamic

btw night is perfect, lights have now something useful

Night is NOT PERFECT . It’s grainy and ugly looking , also you need to constantly adjust brightness depending on what monitor you use . No uniformity , no clean looking night time ... frankly I believe the nighttime is the WORST looking nighttime we have ever seen in dayz history .

Fix the shading , fix the lighting , and for fucks sake people fix the damn light objects ; the freaking head lamp floats above my head and the glow sticks / flares hardly light up any useful radius . 

Night should be just as beautiful as daytime , and there should be far more useful tools to light up the night than there are now , and for fucks sake get rid of that grainy ugly look that makes the ground pitch black .

21 hours ago, Raptor97 said:

yeah that would be perfect, spawning with flashlight and battery

but netherless the night is so dark, thats good! thats how it should be supposed to be :) makes game more immersive

there is a thin line between immersive and unplayable, and night right now is unplayable, but not for everyone

not being able to change gamma is one of the issues, right now, as a fresh spawn, when it's always night,

you have a few minutes to find a flashlight or more lightsources, or else you're doomed to die of starvation or dehydration,

this will, realistic and immersive as it may be, only lead to everyone using day only servers

i also want good nighttime gameplay where you can't crank up the gamma to outright see clear as day when it's nighttime, but we need the gamma slider back,

and since the countermeasure is in place now, this should both make night an even playing field again and give us the possibility to test the grain gamma countermeasure

Edited by ZomboWTF

please devs do not listen to the people whining about night being dark and please for god sake dont bring back gamma slider.  i absolutely love the concept of dark nights being the ultimate equalizer.  if people cant handle a little dark they can play on another server.  though i would agree time probably shouldnt be 1:1 as then it would always be dark cuz night is the best time to get a few good hours of gaming time for us parents.  as for the "grainyness" i have seen many screenshots of nice clear blackness so far.  maybe if you are having this issue u should stop trying to exploit gamma through out of game settings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The graininess was my monitor cable and wasn’t showing up in my screenshots they look clear, my new one is perfect picture now, who is trying to exploit gamma through out of game settings?

Posted the below somewhere else. But yeah, this server ingame time issue needs to be addressed:

In my region (EU) the public servers are mostly deserted at in-game nighttime. Which is primetime for gaming irl imho. First, one should have the choice in servers with different ingame times. Secondly, I don't mind the challenge, but as none of the public servers have accelerated time, one is stuck in the night for a whole gaming session. Which is simply too long and boring.

This needs to change. Think of the new players joining. DayZ does not profit from a new joining players scared off by poor server settings.

Loving the updates though, finally getting there!

This is me looking straight through the third floor of the construction site to an open lot. I see nothing without flashlight (mine just disappeared?) :

https://imgur.com/a/kqHluIk

please add "acclimation" to the darkness after some time (~20 mins of being in total darkness should grant partial "natural night vision") and maybe even brighten the night up a bit with the effects of the moon.

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes
  • Like 2

Just add the acclimation like some hours night some hours night. 

But the night now is perfect, it should be dark! :) 

I coul really go for a 'nightvision' dynamic where things become more visible the more your eyes acclimatise to the dark. But as it stands, and without fixes, night is essentially unplayable. 

Sorry, I just came here to laugh at the fact the devs fucked up playing at night.

I assume the gamma cheat no longer works?